Sami hyypia - Your time is up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:15 am

Sami shouldnt be criticized. its not as if he wanted all these :censored: to happen to him. he is a professional player who has been wonderful to us.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:11 am

its not his fault , its just that he's been having a bad run of form but i hope if he plays in the arsenal game 2 nite , he silences all doubters with a splendid performance , but like i said he should not be starting against top teams as he totally lacks pace and thats whr teams will try to exploit us
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:27 am

7_Kewell wrote:sami will be due his testimonial this summer and maybe that will be a good time to finally call the curtain for his time at Anfield....hopefully with a premiership winners' medal... :nod

The chances are Sami will never play an active part in any Premiership winning side, only if he is an unused sub all season and comes on 10 times when we're winning 3-0 does he have a chance of a medal.

2006/7

Arsenal 3-0 Liverpool (PREM) - Hyypia starts and is subbed after the third
Liverpool 1-3 Arsenal (FAC) - early Carr-Agger partnership
Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal (LC) - Hyypia starts, scores but we concede six
Liverpool 4-1 Arsenal (PREM) - SETTLED Carr-Agger partnership

So Hyypia played twice against Arsenal and we conceded NINE goals in two thumpings, he missed the other two games in which we conceded four but did win one 4-1. In truth Sami should probably have moved on at the end of 2005/6, he has been a great servant but never the quickest and has stayed on beyond his shelflife
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:57 am

thats not really fair owzat , and a bit harsh don't u think .. Those are just statistics and i hope for sami games and to prove all his critics worng he has the game of his life against arsneal today.. Manu have possibly younger players then giggs and scholes but they still start , we all know that they were not once the players they were but they are still good , and i feel the same way abt sami , although his lack of pace lets him down on occasions , he brings that leadership quality to the defence as he was once captain and also he has alot of experience that is valuable , if the team as a whole can close down players mainly the defence to help sami due to his lack of pace , i don't see any problems .

Not taking any thing away from agger , i think he's the next john terry but he is still young and has got lots of things to learn  . Sol Campbell was playing for arsenal when he was in his thirties and was performing well , and still is for pompey . I feel that although sami wasn't once the player he was , i think we should still keep him , for cup games and injuries like we have now . He will also be a role model for younger players like insua and Hobbs who can learn a thing or two from sami , so criticizing him is not really fair , its not his fault anyone can score an own goal , like carra against west ham in the cup a few seasons ago , it all boils down to luck as football really is an unpredictable game :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:20 pm

Toffeehater wrote:thats not really fair owzat , and a bit harsh don't u think .. Those are just statistics and i hope for sami games and to prove all his critics worng he has the game of his life against arsneal today.. Manu have possibly younger players then giggs and scholes but they still start , we all know that they were not once the players they were but they are still good , and i feel the same way abt sami , although his lack of pace lets him down on occasions , he brings that leadership quality to the defence as he was once captain and also he has alot of experience that is valuable , if the team as a whole can close down players mainly the defence to help sami due to his lack of pace , i don't see any problems .

Not taking any thing away from agger , i think he's the next john terry but he is still young and has got lots of things to learn  . Sol Campbell was playing for arsenal when he was in his thirties and was performing well , and still is for pompey . I feel that although sami wasn't once the player he was , i think we should still keep him , for cup games and injuries like we have now . He will also be a role model for younger players like insua and Hobbs who can learn a thing or two from sami , so criticizing him is not really fair , its not his fault anyone can score an own goal , like carra against west ham in the cup a few seasons ago , it all boils down to luck as football really is an unpredictable game :D

How's it "not really fair" ? Four goals in two games is bad enough, nine in two is not good enough. I think the odds of Sami having the game of his life are slim given recent games where he lost two headers to Berbatov that lead to goals and scored in his own net in two games in a row.

And regardless what the mancs have in terms of younger players, Sami wouldn't get into their defence and if he had ever been a manc, goner or chelski player then they would have sold him or released him two seasons ago when we should have.

"he brings that leadership quality to the defence as he was once captain" - experience and having once been captain doesn't compensate individual and costly errors. I'm sorry you're one of those too sentimental to see past a players shortcomings.

As for suggesting own goals are "luck", well some defenders must be luckier than others - or perhaps some defenders are better than others. It's symptomatic of a player who panics, someone who is out of position or simply frightened. He took a wild swing and off it went into the net, not even in a situation that was that threatening. He was outjumped by Berbatov TWICE, and I've defended him not so long ago saying he was still one of our best players in the air!

I will be surprised if we keep a clean sheet today, I'll not be surprised if Arsenal stick three goals past us today. They might have had Agger played, I'd say the chances are they will target Hyypia and errors will result. He's a good player, just not good enough for a team who shouldn't be conceding five goals in three games against Besiktas, spudz (at home) and everton.

And my comments are entirely fair, the question is how much of your's are either made up entirely or from the heart rather than the head
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:27 pm

naturally i am not sentimental , u have ur own opinion of sami using statistics and i have my own .. Explain carra's own goal to me than ? what was it bad positioning , if carra had made those errors u would not have posted this comment abt carra like u did abt sami
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:44 pm

Owzat wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:sami will be due his testimonial this summer and maybe that will be a good time to finally call the curtain for his time at Anfield....hopefully with a premiership winners' medal... :nod

The chances are Sami will never play an active part in any Premiership winning side, only if he is an unused sub all season and comes on 10 times when we're winning 3-0 does he have a chance of a medal.

2006/7

Arsenal 3-0 Liverpool (PREM) - Hyypia starts and is subbed after the third
Liverpool 1-3 Arsenal (FAC) - early Carr-Agger partnership
Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal (LC) - Hyypia starts, scores but we concede six
Liverpool 4-1 Arsenal (PREM) - SETTLED Carr-Agger partnership

So Hyypia played twice against Arsenal and we conceded NINE goals in two thumpings, he missed the other two games in which we conceded four but did win one 4-1. In truth Sami should probably have moved on at the end of 2005/6, he has been a great servant but never the quickest and has stayed on beyond his shelflife

How many of those games had Dudek in goal, mate?  Let's not make Sami the scapegoat when there was an even better one standing behind him! :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red H » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:57 pm

No doubt in his previous ability, but his lack of pace, and inability to turn and chase is becoming a problem.  It is forcing the last man in midfield, notably JM to play to deep, limiting our pressing game, and forcing us as a team to play too deep.  Makes missing out on Hienze, or similar seem much worse, I would be surprised if an buy someone in Jan.
Red H

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:06 pm

masch is supposed to play deep as a defensive mid to hold the defence together , defensive mids rarely venture foward
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onlyme » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:12 pm

1500 blues going to nuremburg wow thats a lot[quote]
onlyme

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:01 pm

How wrong was everyone??

A LEGEND of a player.

He was top drawer again today
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:How wrong was everyone??

A LEGEND of a player.

i never doubted him read my earliar posts , i knew he would come good. Yes he had been solid this season , seeing as he knew he would not be the number 1 choice , he has done brilliant .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:49 pm

He's been fantastic and has further enhanced his status as one of our best centre backs ever. He fully deserves his contract extension which will take him into a testimonial year.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Dundalk wrote:How wrong was everyone??

A LEGEND of a player.

It was amusing at the time as he was the scapegoat then sissoko then kuyt I wonder whose next?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:29 am

Sami is as class as he is today as he was when he first came - FACT.  He's f*cking immense and puts the likes of dozy Rio to shame IMO.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion