Sami hyypia... - ...still got it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:15 pm

stmichael wrote:
banana wrote:Hyypia is way past it. His dreadful mistakes against Porto could have lost us two goals. Besides poor passing he is a big liability with his lack of pace. There is a desperate need for a new defender in january to replace Hyypia. As long as Hyypia is in the team I always fear losing goals and games because of him.

this from the guy who thought baros was a better player than owen. :D

Can't hold everything against him, when he says Crouch is better than Torres or Sissoko is better than Gerrard then he'll have three strikes................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:18 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
banana wrote:Hyypia is way past it. His dreadful mistakes against Porto could have lost us two goals. Besides poor passing he is a big liability with his lack of pace. There is a desperate need for a new defender in january to replace Hyypia. As long as Hyypia is in the team I always fear losing goals and games because of him.

Change the record mate, isn't that your first post in ages? Take a look at our defensive record the past 6/7 games and tell me it isn't excellent. Don't try and make out Sami is some sort of passenger, you can't get away with carrying players in your back 4. You never have shown him ANY respect.

No no, it's his SECOND post in a while... he also slated Kuyt in the Kuyt-thread after his performance against Newcastle. This I found a bit odd as well, seing as Kuyt had one of his best games in quite a while. Seems like Banana is only out to comment, when it's about slating one of our own players... what's up with that fella?

he's had it in for hyypia for years. check out this thread he started over two years ago.

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9141&hilit=hyypia

typical stu the red response aswell. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby banana » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:34 pm

stmichael wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

Change the record mate, isn't that your first post in ages? Take a look at our defensive record the past 6/7 games and tell me it isn't excellent. Don't try and make out Sami is some sort of passenger, you can't get away with carrying players in your back 4. You never have shown him ANY respect.

No no, it's his SECOND post in a while... he also slated Kuyt in the Kuyt-thread after his performance against Newcastle. This I found a bit odd as well, seing as Kuyt had one of his best games in quite a while. Seems like Banana is only out to comment, when it's about slating one of our own players... what's up with that fella?

he's had it in for hyypia for years. check out this thread he started over two years ago.

I put club over player. That's all.

Hyypia has too many soft spots to play for a top team. Like it or not.

Today Hyypia did well. Why? Because Mascherano put in a breathtaking performance and controlled midfield together with an in-form englishman.

We clearly lost the game because we played 9 men against 11. Kewell and Kuit should not have played. They were pathetic and will never be of LFC standard.

I truly get :censored: off by watching Kuit. Just seing his name on the team sheet make me go mad. He has no skills whatsoever.

Kewell is ruined by injuries.

In january these players should be released/sold:

Hyypia (if new cb signing)
Kewell
Voronin
Kuit
one of Riise/Aurelio
Sissoko
Pennant

Money should be spent on:
1. Mascherano
2. Mascherano
3. Mascherano
4. New CB
5. New striker
6. Right winger/Left winger

And please; no more Kuits or Pennants
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:38 pm

this should be hyypias last season

and he has proved me wrong

at the start of the season i thought he was to slow, to old etc but he has been as good as any centre back in the league this year

well done for proving many wrong sami
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:51 pm

banana wrote:
stmichael wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

Today Hyypia did well. Why? Because Mascherano put in a breathtaking performance and controlled midfield together with an in-form englishman.

We clearly lost the game because we played 9 men against 11. Kewell and Kuit should not have played. They were pathetic and will never be of LFC standard.

I truly get :censored: off by watching Kuit. Just seing his name on the team sheet make me go mad. He has no skills whatsoever.

Kewell
Voronin
Kuit
one of Riise/Aurelio
Sissoko
Pennant

1. Mascherano
2. Mascherano
3. Mascherano
4. New CB
5. New striker

That's one of the most factually incorrect posts I've ever read on here.

You're comments about Hyypia are ridiculous for a start.  He along with Arbeloa and Mascherano are possibly the only players that played anywhere near their best today.

To say Mascherano and an 'in-form Englishman' controlled the midfield is a joke.  Anderson was the best player on the park and found space all the time.  The 'in-form Englishman' actually had a stinker today, but we'll allow him that as he's been fantastic in the last 8-10 games and was due an off-day.  United allowed our midfield possession in the middle of the park because they were sitting deep trying to draw us out and then counter, it wasn't because we were winning the midfield battle that we saw a lot of the ball there, anyone could see that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:42 pm

Sami was solid today with Carragher ........

He had a great game...
holylamb2006

Postby banana » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:25 pm

john craig wrote:
banana wrote:
stmichael wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

Kewell
Voronin
Kuit
one of Riise/Aurelio
Sissoko
Pennant

1. Mascherano
2. Mascherano
3. Mascherano
4. New CB
5. New striker

That's one of the most factually incorrect posts I've ever read on here.

You're comments about Hyypia are ridiculous for a start.  He along with Arbeloa and Mascherano are possibly the only players that played anywhere near their best today.

To say Mascherano and an 'in-form Englishman' controlled the midfield is a joke.  Anderson was the best player on the park and found space all the time.  The 'in-form Englishman' actually had a stinker today, but we'll allow him that as he's been fantastic in the last 8-10 games and was due an off-day.  United allowed our midfield possession in the middle of the park because they were sitting deep trying to draw us out and then counter, it wasn't because we were winning the midfield battle that we saw a lot of the ball there, anyone could see that.

You think they lost control in midfield on purpose?
Allowed us to put the ball in the box plenty of times. To have at least 10 decent opportunities. To have so much pressure that Van der Saar was all over the place and to have a ball cleared off the line.

Sorry mate. Your story stinks.

United got lucky. That's all.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:32 pm

banana wrote:United got lucky. That's all.

Dear oh dear. Banana I'm going to give you credit for accepting that Hyppia played well, but this statement belongs in your vault of ridiculous comments.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brenitez » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:42 pm

how many times can united get lucky tho? ??? sorry , i say the same thing every year but that's where we're lacking................:angry:
brenitez

Postby banana » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:44 pm

bigmick wrote:
banana wrote:United got lucky. That's all.

Dear oh dear. Banana I'm going to give you credit for accepting that Hyppia played well, but this statement belongs in your vault of ridiculous comments.

They were lucky to clear the ball off the line. And they scored a lucky goal. A mishit shot deflected by a player who should have been offside if it wasn't for mr Benayoun.

Many times have Liverpool owned the game and not won it. THe goalkeeper is safe. The defenders usually do their job. But the missing piece lies in midfield creativity, a striker up front to assist Torres and some pace and flair on both sides.

Kuit is not good enough for Luton, so why is he playing for Liverpool?

Kewell has no stamina, no pace, there is no Kewell left because of his injuries.

Right wing is also a problem Benayoun is a decent player. That's it. Pennant is a joke.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:50 pm

I would go along with the statement about United being lucky as far as the goal is concerned, they offered no threat whatsoever with their pretty fast counter attacking football. They scored from their first of two attempts .The one they scored was a well worked corner that we fell asleep at and it caught us off guard but it took a deflection and was never going in or towards Tevez until then.

We needed EVERY player to give 110% today and they didn't, we lost to a lucky goal. Thats not bitterness or a red tinted glasses view thats the way it was, I sat and watched the game in a house full of United fans and they all said the same at the end "We got lucky" I now have to go in to work tomorrow to face more United fans who will probabley think the same but never admit it, thats the thing about football its all about opinions, mine is United deserved no more from the game than we did but still ended up with the points.
destro

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 pm

man of the match yesterday for me. still need agger back as quickly as possible though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tel » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:20 am

Played the best game on the weekend I've seen from him in 5 years.

Our best player on the park.

Made Rooney look like he was the old man that lacked mobility
tel

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion