SADIO MANÉ - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Yup I've noticed that his touch has gone off. Before he used to spring past players and whip it in the box. Quite a few times he loses the ball easily.
When he goes away on international he does dip form so could be that.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:45 am

ConnO'var » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:46 pm wrote:I have been very pleased with his performances since he came to us in the summer. However, his performances of late seems a little lacklustre and his touch seems to have deserted him. Wonder if the lad is just tired or if he's been found out a bit.

:nod , Doesn't seem to be quite as sharp as he was in earlier games this season, maybe it is just a touch of physical and mental tiredness .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 pm

No one plays well for 9 months solid and all players go through peaks and troughs over the course of a season, obviously some players are more consistent than others but they will all see their form fluctuate to some extent.
Mane isn't quite at the same level that he was early on in the season but the important thing is that he is still contributing, over our last 3 or 4 games he has won a penalty against Sunderland and scored 2 against Watford so he hasn't downed tools or anything. The lad is a grafter as well, for a flair player he puts in a hell of a shift and he's well worth his place in the team just for that alone.
Losing form is acceptable, not working hard is not but luckily there's no worries with Sadio on that score, he's a proper player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:08 pm

I'm not sure he is playing worse rather than him playing against teams parking the bus which takes away his greatest weapon which is his speed. Teams now seem to set up defensively which means he does not have the same space ahead of him as he did before.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:44 pm wrote:No one plays well for 9 months solid and all players go through peaks and troughs over the course of a season, obviously some players are more consistent than others but they will all see their form fluctuate to some extent.
Mane isn't quite at the same level that he was early on in the season but the important thing is that he is still contributing, over our last 3 or 4 games he has won a penalty against Sunderland and scored 2 against Watford so he hasn't downed tools or anything. The lad is a grafter as well, for a flair player he puts in a hell of a shift and he's well worth his place in the team just for that alone.
Losing form is acceptable, not working hard is not but luckily there's no worries with Sadio on that score, he's a proper player.

Agreed 100% mate.

Just worried that he may be a little burnt out. And as kazoo pointed out, we have been playing teams that have employed ultra defensive tactics. Maybe he's due for a bit of a breather.
ConnO'var

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:17 pm

ConnO'var » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:47 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:44 pm wrote:No one plays well for 9 months solid and all players go through peaks and troughs over the course of a season, obviously some players are more consistent than others but they will all see their form fluctuate to some extent.

Agreed 100% mate.

Just worried that he may be a little burnt out. And as kazoo pointed out, we have been playing teams that have employed ultra defensive tactics. Maybe he's due for a bit of a breather.

Im not sure we can afford to rest him atm mate with Coutinho out until the new year and both Lallana and Sturridge struggling too. In fact if I'm not mistaken Firmino is carrying a bit of a knock as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:03 pm

"Treatment Room" has expected return date for Firmino, Lallana and Matip as Dec 4th. Coutinho as Jan 15th. No return date set for Ojo, Ings, Bogdan and (of course) Sturridge.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:53 pm

We're going to miss him but we can get the job done. Man utd away and Chelsea home are the big ones he will miss.
Glad we will have Couts back in time.

Manc and Chelsea game will be tough. Mancs Def and Mid have solidified recently also Ibra has unfortunately found the net again.

Chelsea are Chelsea i feel Conte will look for a quick goal and then defend deep and play on the counter.

Mane pace would have given us that edge and stretched the oppo.

Both may strengthen in Jan. I hope we do aswel.
Dahoud please...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:45 pm

I think we'll try and bring in Pulisic in January. He'd be perfect cover for Mane and has all the makings of a great footballer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:59 pm

can we just not allow him to leave for the African cup?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:31 pm

It would be nice if don't  make it past group stages. I think they are favourites to win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:16 am

In other news Sadio scores for Senegal who beat Tunisia 2-0.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:07 pm

I can't wait when his back.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Bet Mane asks for a payrise when he gets back looking at the state of us without him.

Hes proof of what money can do when you get it right and the difference a single class player can make, imagine us committing funds to get a couple in on his level now, another proposition altogether.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion