Ryan Gravenberch Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:24 pm

Liverpool agreed fee in region of €40m (£34.2m) to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch; the midfielder will sign a five-year-deal at Anfield and is flying to Merseyside on Thursday night to complete the deal, medical next day. I can’t see him failing the medical so welcome to the best club in the world.

He’s 1.9m and weighs 83kg so same type frame as Fabinho and since we have a small midfield the height will help. According to “Whoscored” these are his Strengths with no weaknesses on show.
Passing—Very Strong
Aerial Duels—Strong
Key passes—Strong
Long shots—Strong
Concentration—Strong

Absolute “moneyball” type signing….highly talented yet under valued, I hope he comes good and for that price and his age we can’t lose. I do question why he couldn’t make it at BM and why he played so little last year, hope it is not attitude. Hard to get stats on him as he played so little. At Ajax he scored 12 and had 13 assists in 103 matches. Looking at his customary YouTube video, he certainly looks a talented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTAHmNAecD8
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:35 pm

He's a raw talent but I've got some concerns about how his career went at Bayern.

Klopp obviously think he can mould him into something special. And that's good enough for me.

Welcome to the best club in thr world, Ryan.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:00 pm

Risky signing IMO and slight concerens about his attitude for me, but I trust Klopp so lets see what happens.

Welcome to the club Ryan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:09 am

damjan193 wrote:Risky signing IMO and slight concerens about his attitude for me, but I trust Klopp so lets see what happens.

I get what your saying. Can't help but feel we are his second choice. If Bayern were starting him he wouldn't be here imo.

If he has the skills to match the Ego then we might get one hell of a player. Best of luck to him!!

Not calling him "Gravy" though  :no  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:49 am

So where will he play exactly?

Grav
Mac.    Szbo?

Or rotated with Mac/Szbo
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:09 am

redshade » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:49 am wrote:So where will he play exactly?

Grav
Mac.    Szbo?

Or rotated with Mac/Szbo

Don't think anyone apart from Klopp and his staff know at this point. He's has loads of different qualities which means Klopp could try to mould him into anything really.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:03 am

Having another skillful midfielder can only be a good thing.

It’s incredible the changes we have made to midfield this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:13 pm

Some players just can't fit into the way certain teams play. It was hard for him to break into Bayerns team with players like Goreska, Kimmich, Musiala, and Muller ahead of him. Some players just move to big clubs too early, look at both Salah and KDB at Chelsea. People laughed at City spending £55m on KDB expecting him to flop. I think it will help Ryan having his national team captain helping him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:18 pm

damjan193 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:00 pm wrote:Risky signing IMO and slight concerens about his attitude for me, but I trust Klopp so lets see what happens.

What's that based on mate? Even Tuchel had nice words to say about him as he was leaving?

“He’s a box-to-box midfielder for me, an attacking player. The main problem for him is that we don’t really play with a No. 8 in our 4-2-3-1 system. And we’re spoilt for choice up front, with really experienced players. Ryan is a very nice, hard-working, committed player,” Tuchel said. “He wasn’t happy with his situation. He sees the chance in Liverpool to fight for a place at No. 8 in a 4-3-3. He’s wanted to go for a while. An offer came in and we discussed it. It’s not done yet, but the outcome is clear.”
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:56 pm

He asked not to be included in the Dutch U21 team to stay behind and work on his game. I think more than anything he wants to play regularly.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:55 pm

Being in Europa with weak oppo  in group stage, will be a good thing for lads who need game time. Usually they only get the league Cup run or a weak FA cup tie.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:52 am

Eagle » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:18 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:00 pm wrote:Risky signing IMO and slight concerens about his attitude for me, but I trust Klopp so lets see what happens.

What's that based on mate? Even Tuchel had nice words to say about him as he was leaving?

“He’s a box-to-box midfielder for me, an attacking player. The main problem for him is that we don’t really play with a No. 8 in our 4-2-3-1 system. And we’re spoilt for choice up front, with really experienced players. Ryan is a very nice, hard-working, committed player,” Tuchel said. “He wasn’t happy with his situation. He sees the chance in Liverpool to fight for a place at No. 8 in a 4-3-3. He’s wanted to go for a while. An offer came in and we discussed it. It’s not done yet, but the outcome is clear.”

Well obviously Tuchel isn't going to say he has an awful attitude, definitely not before a potential sale.

Anyway, a lot of Bundesliga fans are saying that his game time was so low under both Tuchel and Nagelsmann because of his poor attitude, unwilligness to work without the ball etc (which is a big no no for our team) and that he was always complaining in interviews. From the little that I've personally seen, he plays very arrogantly and often tries things he shouldn't be (carries the ball needlessly into dead ends, tries and fails hollywood passes etc) and those things can cost you the whole match sometimes. All of that translates as poor attitude for me, though like I said I've seen very little of him and the other things are second hand opinions so I'm not going to judge the lad before he even kicks a ball in anger for us, but it's a risky signing for sure IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:55 am

In Klopp we trust. He'll sort him out.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:56 pm

All we can do is see how he gets on in whatever role he's deployed in. It doesn't bother me really that he is unhappy about the gametime he was getting there as long as he's prepared to put the work in to earn it with us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion