RTK - YANKEES GO HOME

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:07 am

Sabre wrote:I'm nobody to say what's the right thing to do, Igor, Leon and the people that are in Liverpool know better than anybody.

But I know that in the world of football, sometimes you want to get rid of something bad, you open your arms to the incoming owners, and they can be even worse. The world is full of incompetents, and corrupt people.

While I like any sing, shout or demonstration supporting Rafa and claiming how things should be done and have been done in the past in this club, I don't know whether trying to hurt in their pocket, burning flags and things like that will help.

Sometimes is better a well known bad guy than an unknown one. Those americans have done mistakes, but also put some cash to buy players like Torres. It's nice to point them out they're screwing it up, but they should be given a chance to rectify, just like we give time to Rafa and ask him to rectify, or we give time to a player and ask him to improve. But this is an external view, only.

I understand what you mean, better the devil you know....BUT first of all we need to dispel the myth that THEY  gave us 'loadsamoney', they haven't, the money spent last Summer was only a net amount of APPROX. £24M, Rafas words, even Moores would have found that after a year in which the team reached the CL final and in consequence raised £25m or so.

They have sweet talked us, serenaded us with empty rhetoric and tugged on our emotional strings. We bought it because we wanted the Club to progress, we were desperate for someone to come along and propel us back to the top, Our stadium capacity is now just average, the marketing and commercial acumen was archaic, we were ripe for a saviour and we fell for it. I can't blame fans for believing, thats all we do, ffs a tiny bit of me thinks we might still win the league. The blame for this mess lies with Moores and the previous board, day by day the picture is becoming clear that the due diligence checks were not carried out, that assurances made were not set into a legal framework, they sold us to people who don't have the money and look as though they are going to mortgage the Club to its eyeballs, NOT A FCKING GOOD IDEA WHEN A RECESSION SEEMS LIKELY.

I have been really down about all the paper talk, media attention....all of which it now seems for once had truth to it. In my 23 years of following the Reds, other than the 2 obvious occassions, we have never had sustained (bad) press, we have always been the standard bearers of fair play and high values, always supporting through adversity, never walking alone, a real family Club.

The Americans have shown a complete disregard of the Liverpool way. They don't seem to understand that the Liverpool way is something tangible, something real, something that set us apart from the run of the mill, what is going on has been an embaressment that no defeat on the pitch could compare with. 

I would love to see them go, and would support any action, so what if we had an empty stadium on one occassion?  it would not hurt the Club in real terms, and would send a message the World would see, but i would need to know what alternative there is, who else would come in? and that is where i have been stumped, because it seems that DIC may not be interested after all.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby nobybob » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:11 am

redtrader74 wrote:
Sabre wrote:I'm nobody to say what's the right thing to do, Igor, Leon and the people that are in Liverpool know better than anybody.

But I know that in the world of football, sometimes you want to get rid of something bad, you open your arms to the incoming owners, and they can be even worse. The world is full of incompetents, and corrupt people.

While I like any sing, shout or demonstration supporting Rafa and claiming how things should be done and have been done in the past in this club, I don't know whether trying to hurt in their pocket, burning flags and things like that will help.

Sometimes is better a well known bad guy than an unknown one. Those americans have done mistakes, but also put some cash to buy players like Torres. It's nice to point them out they're screwing it up, but they should be given a chance to rectify, just like we give time to Rafa and ask him to rectify, or we give time to a player and ask him to improve. But this is an external view, only.

I understand what you mean, better the devil you know....BUT first of all we need to dispel the myth that THEY  gave us 'loadsamoney', they haven't, the money spent last Summer was only a net amount of APPROX. £24M, Rafas words, even Moores would have found that after a year in which the team reached the CL final and in consequence raised £25m or so.

They have sweet talked us, serenaded us with empty rhetoric and tugged on our emotional strings. We bought it because we wanted the Club to progress, we were desperate for someone to come along and propel us back to the top, Our stadium capacity is now just average, the marketing and commercial acumen was archaic, we were ripe for a saviour and we fell for it. I can't blame fans for believing, thats all we do, ffs a tiny bit of me thinks we might still win the league. The blame for this mess lies with Moores and the previous board, day by day the picture is becoming clear that the due diligence checks were not carried out, that assurances made were not set into a legal framework, they sold us to people who don't have the money and look as though they are going to mortgage the Club to its eyeballs, NOT A FCKING GOOD IDEA WHEN A RECESSION SEEMS LIKELY.

I have been really down about all the paper talk, media attention....all of which it now seems for once had truth to it. In my 23 years of following the Reds, other than the 2 obvious occassions, we have never had sustained (bad) press, we have always been the standard bearers of fair play and high values, always supporting through adversity, never walking alone, a real family Club.

The Americans have shown a complete disregard of the Liverpool way. They don't seem to understand that the Liverpool way is something tangible, something real, something that set us apart from the run of the mill, what is going on has been an embaressment that no defeat on the pitch could compare with. 

I would love to see them go, and would support any action, so what if we had an empty stadium on one occassion?  it would not hurt the Club in real terms, and would send a message the World would see, but i would need to know what alternative there is, who else would come in? and that is where i have been stumped, because it seems that DIC may not be interested after all.

well said mate
nobybob

Postby nobybob » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:18 am

IMHO redtrader DIC interest cooling is down to the ridiculously high valuation ( ransom ) being demanded by hicks and co this would have to come down dramatically if the gate receipts disappeared
nobybob

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:25 am

Agree with that. The argument is that many fans feel they have let the club down and that they have lied to us. Ive yet still to see how. Something "appears" to be going on, on that from what ive seen it is definately from hicks' side but even then nothing is concrete, its just constant reports from the media with the common one source said this while another source said that and the only quotes coming from the DIC "we are interested". Of course they are, they have been for a while. A lot of talk has been about the stadium, and how its delayed and yet no one has mentioned about the planning permission time it took from liverpool council. The yanks own the club not the city. From what I gather the argument is they said the club will not be in debt but if the press reports are true it doesnt mean the end, look at utd. They are in debt. But they are still there. We have broken our record for a striker in torres, and a defender in skrtel. Not bad to say they have the club only as a plaything.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:13 am

Sabre, it cant be worse than these two, they promised the club wouldnt be saddled with any debt, they lied. The promised us a great new stadium then backed away from it coz of costs. The havent pumped any of there own money into Liverpool FC. (They have a history of this kind of thing in other sports), They then try and bring in a manager who has no pedigree bar a team that managed to get to a semi final of the World cup beating teams such as poland and costa rica and sweden? and then put out Argentina who imploded on penalties on home ground...(and he was a figurehead it was the current manager Lowe who was the coach not Klinsmann). The arrogance of Hicks is astounding and he has taken liverpool fans as fools with his statements on Rafa Benitez.
I dont buy into the thinking that the devil you know is better than the devil you dont know and thee G + H have been nothing short of a disgrace to Liverpool FC and I think id want to take my chances with someone else.
Pedro Maradona

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:28 am

I dont buy into the thinking that the devil you know is better than the devil you dont know and thee G + H have been nothing short of a disgrace to Liverpool FC and I think id want to take my chances with someone else.

And what do you know about our owners? and our future stadium? Or indeed why are they such a disgrace?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:46 am

The end result is we have owners who dont want to spend money they want a ground not a team, they dont care about Liverpool they NEVER did.
We have owners who now can burden us with huge debts and are happy to have a mediocre team that doesnt cost money.
We have owners that are now in the position to hold the club to ransom (and have already put the club at a ridiculous 1 billion pounds already) so I am afraid they hold all the cards, our only hope is that they take a reasonable offer, and make a quick buck and get out. (Provided someone is willing to pay that price.)
The thing is that hicks and gillett think this is just another franchise and they will treat it as such. They should be told in no uncertain terms that we arent some franchise that they can run (or ruin) as they please.
Moores made a MASSIVE MASSIVE error. He needs to resign. ( He has been a disaster since he took over in 1991) he prostituted Liverpool Football club to the likes of Shinawara, Robert Kraft etc for a number of years before finally selling to these Bull s h it artists.
I am tired of thinking about what has happened to my club, I am worn out from worrying about it. This is possibly the the most important time ever in the history of the club and i think it is imporant that G + H are gotten rid of and soon.

Football has changed so much in the last number of years. Now Sugar daddy owners appear to be the only way of surviving as a big club. That is the way things have gone and it is a shame to see. It has been the ruination of the game in my opinion and it is based on greed. It is the reason why G + H got involved not because they love the sport or Liverpool FC. That is fine if they want to make money that is ok but how they do it is the bottom line and these guys dont want to spend their own money. 
I wish the banks didnt give the money for the stadium because if they do I fear there is absolutely no turning back.
Pedro Maradona

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:55 am

Kharhaz wrote:

And what do you know about our owners? and our future stadium? Or indeed why are they such a disgrace?

i think their performance so far tells it all.

Go away and wind someone else up.
Pedro Maradona

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:00 am

Pedro Maradona wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Im not looking to wind you up, im just looking for the answers as to why people are wound up by them. And judging by your answer its a case of simply jumping on the bandwagon. There performance so far? What performance would that be? I get the feeling your not alone in your answers. Its easy to jump on a bandwagon.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:06 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Pedro Maradona wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

Im not looking to wind you up, im just looking for the answers as to why people are wound up by them. And judging by your answer its a case of simply jumping on the bandwagon. There performance so far? What performance would that be? I get the feeling your not alone in your answers. Its easy to jump on a bandwagon.

go wind up someone else please, im not in the form to argue with you, if you want my thoughts on the G + H issue have a look at my posts history, its all in there (since they "bought" the club not the last few weeks), now, go annoy someone else thanks.....
Pedro Maradona

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:16 am

Pedro Maradona wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
Pedro Maradona wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

go wind up someone else please, im not in the form to argue with you, if you want my thoughts on the G + H issue have a look at my posts history, its all in there (since they "bought" the club not the last few weeks), now, go annoy someone else thanks.....

I'll take that as a no comment then, this is a forum, if you have an argument back it up with facts. You seem unwilling to do that. You'll take your chances with new owners but cant explain why. Your one of many.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:12 am

Suggestions that we should boycot matches etc. are just ridiculous IMO.

That really is NOT the Liverpool way.

I find it quite abstruse that those people who condemn Hicks and Gillett for debasing the Liverpool way, then advocate action which in itself goes against the Liverpool way in what would be a far worse course of action than anything Hicks and Gillett have (or have not) done.

How would boycotting matches, or action of a similar sort help resolve the situation?

It wouldn't, it would inflame the situation, the media would have a frenzy and we'd lose credibility. Why stoop to that level?

I'll not support anything like that, and I have a fair idea that most match-going supporters are of the same opinion.

FWIW, I don't want Hicks and Gillett out a.s.a.p. I'm interested in seeing what happens this summer, if Rafa is still our manager, if they back the manager in the transfer market, how they intend to increase revenue streams, and what will finally come of the New stadium.

They've gone against the spirit of their initial takeover and made a really poor error of judgement recently, but I really would prefer to put this to bed for the time being.That is the Liverpool way, perpetuating the shit is not the Liverpool way. We're virtually bang in the middle of our season, we need to focus, trying to force the owners out at this present moment is not in the best interests of the club.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

LFC2007 wrote:Suggestions that we should boycot matches etc. are just ridiculous IMO.

That really is NOT the Liverpool way.

I find it quite abstruse that those people who condemn Hicks and Gillett for debasing the Liverpool way, then advocate action which in itself goes against the Liverpool way in what would be a far worse course of action than anything Hicks and Gillett have (or have not) done.

How would boycotting matches, or action of a similar sort help resolve the situation?

It wouldn't, it would inflame the situation, the media would have a frenzy and we'd lose credibility. Why stoop to that level?

I'll not support anything like that, and I have a fair idea that most match-going supporters are of the same opinion.

FWIW, I don't want Hicks and Gillett out a.s.a.p. I'm interested in seeing what happens this summer, if Rafa is still our manager, if they back the manager in the transfer market, how they intend to increase revenue streams, and what will finally come of the New stadium.

They've gone against the spirit of their initial takeover and made a really poor error of judgement recently, but I really would prefer to put this to bed for the time being. That is the Liverpool way, perpetuating the shit is not the Liverpool way.

Agreed. Lets wait and see.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:15 am

Gill's house vandalised by angry United supporters
By Ian Herbert
Published: 19 January 2008
Manchester United's chief executive, David Gill, who was publicly opposed to the Glazer family's takeover at the club, has had his house attacked by supporters angered by his recent positive comments when unveiling record profits.

Gill returned from a business trip yesterday morning to find that his £700,000 detached house in the Cheshire village of Bowden had been subjected to a graffiti attack while he had been away. The slogans "Judas Gill" and "Glazers Out" were painted on the walls. United would not discuss the issue last night and it is understood that work was under way to remove the graffiti. It is also understood that Gill's assertion, in the light of last week's record profits, that the Americans had been as good as their word in bringing commercial acumen to the club, may have led to the attack.

Even the mancs don't seem to have accepted the inevitable yet
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:38 am

Kharhaz wrote:

Why are they such a disgrace? Why are you asking silly questions? Surely conspiring to have our manager sacked behind his back is more than enough to justify the hate mob they've gathered.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion