Reina: i wish we had henry.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby madred » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:20 pm

By Paul Rodgers.

Pepe Reina today claimed that Thierry Henry was the difference at the weekend and revealed he'd love nothing more than to have a Liverpool version of the Highbury superstar as an Anfield team-mate. 
Henry was unstoppable at Highbury on Sunday as he twice beat Reina in the Liverpool goal to claim all three points for his side and the former Villareal 'keeper admits he could only stand and applaud the Arsenal striker's skill on the day.

"Arsenal are one of the strongest teams we've faced since I joined Liverpool," claims Reina. "Henry and Fabregas are great players but for me, Henry was the key to the game. Without doubt he was their best player. He was involved in every incident and when you have these kinds of player in your team, anything can happen. There is always danger.

"He decided the game for them. There aren't many players in the world like him, but I wish we had someone similar. Each moment he had the ball, there was a threat. He caused many problems and in the first half, maybe we were a little afraid of him. In the second half we were better and had some chances, but when you're against Henry you know what can happen."

Despite two defeats in the space of a week, Reina believes the season is far from over for the Reds.

"We must look forward and fight for our targets," he says. "We must still believe we can catch Manchester United and finish second. We must be positive to ensure we remain in the top four. It's now very important to win on Wednesday. It is a home game and we know it will be a different challenge to yesterday. It's not an easy game, but we need three points. The most important thing is to bounce back and learn from this." 

Two words spring to mind... Michael and Owen. I know there has been a number of topics on Michael but it just made me feel that Jens Lehman should have been saying all this about him. While all this talk is going on about Defoe, kuyt etc there is only one person who should be coming in the summer. I really do hope he returns home.

By the way the topic should have been i wish we had our own Henry.  :)
Last edited by madred on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GerrardisKing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:53 pm

Would be nice to have a striker like henry he was total class against us arsenal will struggle without him.

The problem with getting our own henry is there`s no one like him,would welcome back owen with open arms.
GerrardisKing

Postby madred » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:03 pm

I understand that no player comes close to Henry in terms of all round ability but in terms of winning games we had our own match winner in Owen. Some people will say i need to get over this or aint gonna happen etc but i really do believe that he will play again for Liverpool and its just a matter of when? The lack of goals is something that has frustrated the pants off me and i always think Michael would have got us out a few scrapes this season. I wish i knew if the board and Rafa for certain are weighing up the prospects of getting him back one day?
Last edited by madred on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:14 pm

Henry is an amazing player

Great to watch. When its not against us of course! :D
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Henry is a great play no question,

Something just does not sit right with me and Owen coming back, yes he is truly gifted as a box player, but teams new how to play us. Bottle up Gerrard sit deep players behind the ball job done oh yes and possibly sneek a set piece goal. I like Owen and would welcome him back but? ?????
lets get the gifted players to open up teams and give us pace wide then see.

Sorry it might not be the wide opinion.

Flashard ???
Flashard

Postby barnesrush » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:30 pm

wonder if reina knows about cisses i wanna be as good as henry comments?
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:47 pm

If we had henry then it would be cool when stevie G puts him through on goal :p :D :D
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:59 am

Dudeks No.1 Fan wrote:If we had henry then it would be cool when stevie G puts him through on goal :p :D :D

Thats assuming Stevie G is a "Creative" player  :Oo:

Cue being shot down in flames for suggesting that Stevie G is anything other than world class :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:01 am

P.S. Mesage to Pepe Reina on wishing Henry was a Liverpool player ......Me too mate , me too :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:25 am

Henry was not as good as he is today before he joined arsenal. Wenger must have really polish him and shape him in the way he is today. Hopefully we can see some emerging talents from the academy like we use to produce players like owen, fowler and many more in the past...
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:02 am

Theiry Henry is truly a great player, he is not the typicap predatory striker like van Horseface. Henry scores most of his goals by his favoured approach of running with the ball into the penalty box, mostly from the left. he is very quick and extremely skillful. The sheer number of these goals he scores, every season, is nothing short of amazing. What's more amazing is his very high number of assists.

He'd be the perfect man at the end of moves by Ronaldinho or Messi or Deco - I think he'd compliment Samuel Eto'o very well. He'd do very well in Barcelona. He has been a bogey opponent for us and for our sakes, I hope he goes to Barca. There is no way Arsenal can win the CL because they are so fragile defensively and physically and their midfield, while containing the brilliant Fabregas, is short of experience.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion