Realistic signings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:53 am

I think Solksjear(however you spell it) is a good player
But even we have to have a tiny bit of pride left - before going to the
Scum to solve our striker crisis
Still - you never know - Rafa the Gafa might be of the opinion that we should be more worried about Arsenal & Chelski rather than our hatred of the scum - so maybe shouldn't dismiss it as - never going to happen
there where lots of rumours about Wes Brown wasn't there ???
SouthernScouser

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:20 am

see this is the problem. i knew there would be protest about solskjaer because he's from man u. do other big teams worry about where players come from? there was a bit of a fuss from man u fans when they signed smith from leeds - now they love him.

look at the player not the club. the question is - would solskjaer as a player be a good addition to our club. i still say yes.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:07 pm

Jan Koller could do a very good job for us in the short term.

I'm beginning to think along the lines of bringing in a decent guy on loan for the remainder of the season as I think we need to keep our powder dry about what happens to Cisse until next summer.

Hopefully by then we should have an idea how Cisse has recovered and if Cisse and Baros are both fit for the start of next season, then the club will probably only look to spend £4m to £5m on a third striker and concentrate the rest of their funds elsewhere. However, if Cisse experiences complications in his recovery then the club may have to take a long term view of the situation and sanction a big money signing.

As such I don't think it wise that much money is spent on a forward in January until we see things pan out, and I'm beginning to think that the club are looking at a loan signing as an option, like they did with Anelka in 2002.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 1234ram » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 pm

morinetes is the most probable
1234ram

Postby lili » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:56 pm

3. Koller. Big target man and a menacing prescence. However he will be 32 next year. We dun want Liverpool to turn into Blackburn where the combined age of their strikers is nearly 70.???    Do you not know the age of our other strikers Koller or someone of similar experience is exactly what we need but Robbie i don't know just don't have the confidence that he will blend well with the squad could be bad for the teams confidence if he dosn't score goals just a bit to risky for me we need someone that is going to be a great influence on the team and lead the way and i'm sorry Stu i just don't rate Angel at all i know he banged in the goals for Villa last year but i think he's i bit of a one hit wonder.
lili

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:06 pm

Morientes would be my first choice, in regard to Solsk from manure - i thought he was injured and will be crocked all season..
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:12 pm

lili wrote:3. Koller. Big target man and a menacing prescence. However he will be 32 next year. We dun want Liverpool to turn into Blackburn where the combined age of their strikers is nearly 70.???    Do you not know the age of our other strikers Koller or someone of similar experience is exactly what we need but Robbie i don't know just don't have the confidence that he will blend well with the squad could be bad for the teams confidence if he dosn't score goals just a bit to risky for me we need someone that is going to be a great influence on the team and lead the way and i'm sorry Stu i just don't rate Angel at all i know he banged in the goals for Villa last year but i think he's i bit of a one hit wonder.

I'm with U
Koller is the man
whylongball?

Postby 1234ram » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:49 pm

why dnt we get leroy lita he plays for bristol and his only 19 he will get us goals trust me
1234ram

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:00 pm

koller is too ugly for liverpool. its man u who are building the ugliest team in the prem. thats why we should take solskjaer of their hands - on loan at least - in jan. he's fit again late jan or early feb by all accounts.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby polygemus » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:07 pm

andy_g wrote:koller is too ugly for liverpool. its man u who are building the ugliest team in the prem. thats why we should take solskjaer of their hands - on loan at least - in jan. he's fit again late jan or early feb by all accounts.

Our next striker can be the Hunchback of Notre Dame for all I care, as long as he score goals.

However, I did mention that when Baros come back in 4 wks time, we will have 3 strikers to rotate with. So we dun need a striker. Let Pongolle and Mellor prove themselves.
polygemus

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:35 pm

Bounce.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lili » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:30 pm

no i agree poly we should give the youngsters a go but we still ned someone with experience and we have all heard that ugly is beautiful and that will be beautiful assits to Baros banging in the gaols.
lili

Postby parchpea » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:51 pm

There seems to be much opposition to signing players who reach the grand age of 30+. We must remember that Mcallister was vital to our most successful period in recent history. Barcelona gave Larsson a contract at 33 and have just extended it. If they can employ a guy of that age and play him then why shouldnt we. If they still have something in the locker they can bring a lot to a team. I would sooner see a player of this type than watch the likes of a 22 year old Mellor or Pongolle running around upfront clearly out of there depth. If we have some kind of policy at Liverpool which restricts recruitment of players over a certain age its about time it was scrapped.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:36 pm

Imo Solsajeker[spelling?] is done, his knee injuries have messed up his career. He is out for the season, as he was last year. There isn't much hope for him. So I wouldn't buy him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:46 pm

We need someone to come in and make an immediate impact. We have no time to develop 19 year old players from Bristol...
On the other hand the future of the squad needs looking after - we need to build a squad around the spine of the team like Clogh did at Forest
Kirkland - ??? - Gerrard - ???
We have gaps in Defence and up front - it needs sorting in January or as a club we will go backwards. And these positions need to be filled by players of the highest class - not simply good players with potential such as Robbie Kean..
We need the Morientes and Anelka type players at the club.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion