Gak vs lfc - Update

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:59 pm

Great victory.  I was impressed with Hamanns contribution, disappointed with Kewell and it looks like Dudek will be Benitez's first choice keeper.

I thought the role attacking role Gerrard adopted when Baros went off worked very well.  We'll probabaly see more of that tactic this year.

I watch the game on Irish television.  Frank Stapleton was the co-commentator.  He must have a brilliant agent coz hes the most boring pundit in history and yet is regularly on SKY and Irish t.v.  Ronnie Whelan was the studio analyst.....fantastic midfielder and can also talk a good game.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:41 pm

Great result. Now we can focus on the Premiership and the Owen deal.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:49 am

Sean wrote:I watch the game on Irish television.  Frank Stapleton was the co-commentator.  He must have a brilliant agent coz hes the most boring pundit in history and yet is regularly on SKY and Irish t.v.  Ronnie Whelan was the studio analyst.....fantastic midfielder and can also talk a good game.

i watched it on tv3 too man. the main commentator cant pronounce our players names(josemi,hyypia) AND stapleton was calling graz ''grass''
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:59 am

Lads , Frank Stapleton can barely speak ... how he gets work as a TV pundit I'll never know ....
most famous for his "I was gutted" phrase ..... you know there's a village being deprived of an idiot somewhere when he's on telly.
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:49 am

Hamman is getting old and slow ... RB must use more bisca .... and with that kind of performance from Gerrard the Gladiator and the rest of the team ... I think we can beat spurs in weekend ... i say 2:0 to Liverpool
LiverpoolMadman

Postby begintoend » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:32 am

Taking each game seriously, we won it.
Graz thought they can pulled off an upset??
We were more determined to win.
A great beginning for CL.
What an experience.
A pity our strikers failed to get their name on the score sheet.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:48 am

A professional and polished looking performance. Not bad at all for our first proper game of the season. I'm a big fan of passionate managers and was pleased to see RB standing, shouting and directing for most of the game.

I'm looking forward to saturday and have put my money on a 3-0 Liverpool win, hopefully with Owen in the side.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:58 am

dunno bout 3-0 badmao, 1 or 2 goal win max i think. We'll see, 3-0 would be great though.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion