Proven premiership players

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:55 pm

is it just me or has anybody else noticed rafa's not (publicly) chasing any wingers.

he's signed 2 apparently 'attacking' fullbacks and is looking to replace a deep-lying central midfielder (alonso) with an attacking central midfielder (barry)

i doubt we'll see a major change in shape next season from the 4-5-1,
but rather a change in emphasis from 4-(2-3)-1 to a 4-(1-2-2)-1
with mascherano the only defensive midfielder and gerrard with a deeper role (his best position) than support-striker and barry alongside him. this would mean kuyt and babel playing more narrow and closer to torres with genuine attacking width being provided by the fullbacks (who now have SLIGHTLY 'less' defensive responsibilities due to gerrard and friend playing deeper)

:)  sex
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Almighty Red » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:41 pm

PabloAimar wrote:is it just me or has anybody else noticed rafa's not (publicly) chasing any wingers.

he's signed 2 apparently 'attacking' fullbacks and is looking to replace a deep-lying central midfielder (alonso) with an attacking central midfielder (barry)

with mascherano the only defensive midfielder and gerrard with a deeper role (his best position) than support-striker and barry alongside him. this would mean kuyt and babel playing more narrow and closer to torres with genuine attacking width being provided by the fullbacks (who now have SLIGHTLY 'less' defensive responsibilities due to gerrard and friend playing deeper)

Didn't he make an approach for Milner, possibly involving a trade for Hobbs and Insua?
Almighty Red

Postby PabloAimar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 pm

Almighty Red wrote:
PabloAimar wrote:is it just me or has anybody else noticed rafa's not (publicly) chasing any wingers.

Didn't he make an approach for Milner, possibly involving a trade for Hobbs and Insua?

...no
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:23 am

PabloAimar wrote:
Almighty Red wrote:

...no

Do you not mean... no sex ? :D
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:36 am

i think the barry transfer will go through and we'll possibly sign one wide player and a backup goalkeeper and that will be it.

on the formation, i'm just wondering how it will be at the start of the season, especially if alonso goes. with mascherano and lucas at the olympics we may be forced to play 4-4-2 with gerrard in central midfield alongside barry for a few games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion