Pre-Season 2022/23

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Just over 5 weeks after the Champions League final, pre-season training starts on Monday for those players who didn't go away in the summer for international games. Those that did link up with their international side for games in June will join the squad on July 9 ahead of the flight to Thailand.

19 Reds to return for pre-season start on Monday 4th July

Liverpool will begin their pre-season programme when 19 senior players return to the AXA Training Centre on Monday.

The Reds’ preparations for the 2022-23 campaign are set to get under way with initial sessions in Kirkby before the tour of Bangkok and Singapore that starts next weekend.

Summer arrivals Fabio Carvalho and Calvin Ramsay will be among those beginning work under Jürgen Klopp and his coaches this coming week.

Liverpool will face Manchester United on July 12 and Crystal Palace three days later, before fixtures at RB Leipzig on July 21 and Red Bull Salzburg on July 27.

They take on Manchester City in the Community Shield on July 30 – at King Power Stadium – and wrap up their pre-season schedule against RC Strasbourg Alsace at Anfield the following day.

Players returning for pre-season on July 4: Adrian, Carvalho, Davies, Diaz, Elliott, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Kelleher, Konate, Matip, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Ramsay, Thiago, N. Williams, R. Williams, Van den Berg.

The remaining members of the squad will join pre-season training later in the week following their international commitments during the summer.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/19-red ... art-monday

TUE 12 JULY — RAJAMANGALA STADIUM — vs Man Utd
FRI 15 JULY — SINGAPORE NATIONAL STADIUM — vs Crystal Palace
THU 21 JULY — RED BULL ARENA — vs RB Leipzig
WED 27 JULY — RED BULL ARENA — vs Salzburg
SAT 30 JULY — KING POWER STADIUM — vs Man City
SUN 31 JULY — ANFIELD — vs Strasbourg

Premier League opener: SAT 6 AUGUST — CRAVEN COTTAGE — vs Fulham
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:51 am

Can’t wait, seems like forever since we played Madrid
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:23 pm

37 man squad for the games against Man Utd and Crystal Palace in Thailand and Singapore respectively. Calvin Ramsay and Kaide Gordon are injured. No Kelleher or Ben Davies so either they are injured or have moves lined up.

Alisson
                             Adrian

Trent          Konate          Van Dijk          Robertson
VD Berg      Gomez             Matip            Tsimikas
                  Phillips          Williams

Henderson          Fabinho          Thiago
        Keita               Milner            Jones
        Elliott                                     Ox

Salah          Nunez          Diaz
           Carvalho      Firmino         Jota

Academy players joining the tour: Bajcetic, Chambers, Clark, Clarkson, H. Davies, Frauendorf, Hill, Mabaya, Morton, Mrozek, Norris
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:19 am

Eagle » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:23 pm wrote:37 man squad for the games against Man Utd and Crystal Palace in Thailand and Singapore respectively. Calvin Ramsay and Kaide Gordon are injured. No Kelleher or Ben Davies so either they are injured or have moves lined up.

Alisson
                             Adrian

Academy players joining the tour: Bajcetic, Chambers, Clark, Clarkson, H. Davies, Frauendorf, Hill, Mabaya, Morton, Mrozek, Norris

I really hope we are not selling Kelleher, he’s a gem and Adrian is a total liability
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:13 am

kazza » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:19 am wrote:
Eagle » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:23 pm wrote:37 man squad for the games against Man Utd and Crystal Palace in Thailand and Singapore respectively. Calvin Ramsay and Kaide Gordon are injured. No Kelleher or Ben Davies so either they are injured or have moves lined up.

Alisson
                             Adrian

I really hope we are not selling Kelleher, he’s a gem and Adrian is a total liability

Probably injured. But if has something lined up I'd imagine it's him pushing for loan so he can play regularly to try and get the GK spot for Ireland at the World Cup.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:42 pm

I'd guess we'll see different 11s for each half.

Line-up: Carvalho starts, Nunez on bench v Manchester United

Fabio Carvalho starts and Darwin Nunez is on the bench as Liverpool take on Manchester United in Bangkok in their first pre-season fixture of the summer.

Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk, Thiago Alcantara and Trent Alexander-Arnold are among the substitutes.

Liverpool: Alisson, Mabaya, Phillips, Gomez, Chambers, Henderson, Morton, Carvalho, Elliott, Diaz, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Mrozek, Davies, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Konate, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Robertson, Nunez, Matip, Bajcetic, Williams, Clark, Clarkson, Alexander-Arnold, Van den Berg, Norris, Hill, Frauendorf.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:16 pm

I know we're only 15 minutes in but Harvey Elliott looks really sharp.. he's obviously been working on his first touch as he's left players for dead on 2 separate occasions.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:35 pm

3-0 down lots of changes and kids, utd playing their 1st team and no changes yet, we seem to be the ones treating it as pre-season lol.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:37 pm

We've got 25 subs to Uniteds 14.. they've come full strength and they have to impress the new manager. We've come just to give the young lads a run out and to get fitness up. Our defence has been shocking though.. all 3 goals were from individual errors.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:43 pm

yes the defence so far has been awful.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:37 pm wrote:We've got 25 subs to Uniteds 14.. they've come full strength and they have to impress the new manager. We've come just to give the young lads a run out and to get fitness up. Our defence has been shocking though.. all 3 goals were from individual errors.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up , Utd players looked like the game meant something to them while we didn't.
Disappointed for our Thai supports who flocked to the game only to see a non performance from us.
Many will say it doesn't matter, only a friendly blah blah blah, but to lose to the scum in any game still stings.

I know it's pre - season, players looking for fitness etc but I thought even an unfit Nunez would be a lot quicker than what he showed tonight ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:18 pm

Generally speaking, Klopp played our third team against their first team for the first 30 minutes, then our second team in the next 30 m the our first team came on the final 30 minutes, by then it was already 3-0. I don’t think we should ever play a rival in preseason as there are so many other teams to play and no need to give any opportunities to a rival. The way the game was set up we were always going to have trouble playing a much more motivated team playing against our kids. In terms of it being a test for them to see who has got it under pressure then it was a good test and I’m sure Klopp saw things but I think it was a net loss since we lost so badly, as Woof said, in front of loyal Thai fans that are probably hearing it right now.

We play ManUre early in the season and it will give them confidence going into the match. On the plus side we dominated the football and they had a few chances and scored from them, even the kids had the better of their first team. I still think we are a far better team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:29 pm

Hate losing to them at any stage of the season. Only seen the highlights on tube and the stats on flashscore. We seem to have shaded them for possession but only forced one save all game which is disappointing.

What happened to carvalho that he came off after 28min ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:06 am

red till i die!! » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:29 pm wrote:Hate losing to them at any stage of the season. Only seen the highlights on tube and the stats on flashscore. We seem to have shaded them for possession but only forced one save all game which is disappointing.

What happened to carvalho that he came off after 28min ?

I thought he and Elliot looked good, I thought he came off at the same time as the others.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:54 am

I'm not going to take anything seriously until the first game of the season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion