Pre-Season 2022/23

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:59 am

I didn't see the game but ten Hag put out a strong side as he settles in as new manager and tries to get his ideas across. They started pre-season a week before us and Klopp put out 3 different sides so I'm not surprised we lost. I seem to remember Klopp mentioned last year the rationale behind playing players for 30 minutes is that you don't need to reduce their training load the next day. Sounds like the game was played at a decent intensity so nice for everyone to shake off that initial rust. Palace next in Singapore on Friday to round off the money spinning tour and then I assume we're off to Austria for our usual training camp were the real stuff starts.

1st 30 mins
                            Alisson
Mabaya ---- Gomez ---- Phillips ---- Chambers
       Morton ---- Henderson ---- Carvalho
       Elliott   ----   Bobby ---- Diaz

2nd 30 mins
                           Alisson
                     (Adrian at h/t)
Frauendorf ---- Matip ---- Williams ---- Tsimikas
       Clarkson ---- Milner ---- Bajcetic
             Ox    ----  Clark ---- Jones

3rd 30 mins
                          Adrian
Trent ---- Konate ---- Virgil ---- Robbo
          Thiago ---- Fab ---- Naby
          Salah ----  Nunez ---- Hill
Eagle

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:15 pm

That was a disgrace, pathetic. Lool

Good run around for the lads,that is what pre-season is about. No need to over work ourselves,save it for the real stuff. This will be the only "trophy" they will get.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:16 pm

It was a good runaround but why against them, not sure that was ever a good idea. Plenty of teams to have played against, would still have filled the stadium.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:21 pm

It isn't nice losing to that shower regardless of what stage of the season it is. Personally I'd prefer we didn't play fierce rivals like that outside of when we have to.

Disappointed though that we dominated possession, Attacks etc but still only managed 1 shot on target all game.

As long as we stuff them in a few weeks I don't care.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:35 pm

kazza » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:16 pm wrote:It was a good runaround but why against them, not sure that was ever a good idea. Plenty of teams to have played against, would still have filled the stadium.

Money. That's the only reason we go on tours to the US and Asia and play other PL clubs. Liverpool and Man Utd are biggest PL clubs in world. Both clubs would have received a decent fee for the game yesterday.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:02 am

Are we playing today ? If so anyone know what time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:56 pm

I know it's only a friendly but Naby looks so sloppy and unfit. He's given the ball away so cheaply this first half. He just looks like he can't be bothered.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:43 pm

And there we go.. Nunez banging in 3 goals in 20 minutes. That should shut the haters up for awhile.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:02 pm

And that's 4 for Nunez
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:02 pm

Didn’t get to see it as I had work, I really wanted to watch Nunez with a complete team. I feel bad I missed it not so much for the score but how the team gelled with Nunez and how he and Salah played together.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Only saw brief highlights but good to see Nunez ram those Sean Dundee comparisons down peoples throats.
Carvalho looks really impressive. Who was the keeper?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Adrian mate!!

Sean Dundee!!  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:32 pm

red till i die!! » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:24 pm wrote:Adrian mate!!

Sean Dundee!!  :laugh:

Was that Adrian mate? I only saw brief highlights on my phone, the screen wasn’t really big enough to make out much detail but at one point I could have sworn it said Davies on the back of his shirt.
Because there were a few clips were Adrian looked really good with the ball at his feet  I was wondering if we’d thrown that CB we signed from Preston on in goal for some reason ( i.e a sending off and no back up goalie on the bench or something).
Just ignore me mate!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:59 pm

That was Harvey Davies mate. Young keeper who came on for Adrian. The CB Ben Davies that we got from Preston was sold to Rangers this week.

Alisson recovering from a knock he picked up and no confirmation of what's going on with Kelleher. Hopefully it's just a minor injury but truth be told he has nothing more to gain by staying here as number 2 so I wonder if he's trying to push through either a loan or perm move. His stock is high enough now to get a decent move.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:00 am

Oh right, cheers mate. Never heard of this Harvey Davies lad, on my phone’s small screen I thought it was the lad we got from Preston, looks good with his feet I’ll say that about the kid.
Cheers for the heads up about the other Davies going to Rangers as well, missed that bit of news, don’t think he ever made a first team appearance for us so bit OTT to say we’ll miss him but good luck to the lad all the same.
Hope we don’t cash in on Kelleher either, the modern game is as much about squad depth as it is your starting XI these days.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion