Damiano is the next to go, will thompson follow ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kops no1 girl » Tue May 25, 2004 3:40 pm

Liverpool coach Christian Damiano will be the next to leave anfield, after proving ANOTHER unsuccessful recruit

Thompson will learn his fate when the new manager arrives, but having worked so closely with houllier as his number 2, it looks certain that he will also be shown the door, with the new manager being given the choice of appointing his own number 2

And will Sammy Lee stay or go ? The FA want lee to work in a full time capacity in the England set up, so this may leave an open space for Ian Rush to become a more permanant coach !
kops no1 girl

Postby stmichael » Tue May 25, 2004 3:45 pm

i'd like to see gary mcallister come in as a coach. i think it's fair to say that thommo will be getting his marching orders but i would like to see sammy lee stay.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue May 25, 2004 3:47 pm

I think its time for thommo to go as well, he has been around now for some time i think the new guy will want his own no2, and thommo will have to move aside. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue May 25, 2004 3:48 pm

stmichael wrote:i'd like to see gary mcallister come in as a coach. i think it's fair to say that thommo will be getting his marching orders but i would like to see sammy lee stay.

I agree, mate. But Gary is having long break away from football because of his wife is in serious illness, so he want to be with his wife.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops no1 girl » Tue May 25, 2004 3:57 pm

i think maybe its time sammy lee moved on aswell, not that i dont like the guy but a new start all round might do wonders for the club
kops no1 girl

Postby JBG » Tue May 25, 2004 4:02 pm

I believe that the new manager will bring along his own team and I would be very surprised if Thompson stayed.

To be honest it'll probably be a clean sweep although a "token" existing member of staff might be kept on somewhere along the coaching staff.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sean » Tue May 25, 2004 5:40 pm

Any opinions on Steve Heighway being promoted o take over from Thommo ?

Seán
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue May 25, 2004 5:44 pm

there were rumours that heighway and houllier had a big falling out and were not even talking to each other towards the end of houlliers reign. heighway may be good at coaching the youngsters in the academy, but can he realistically transfer this to the senior squad?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Tue May 25, 2004 8:44 pm

I think it would be wise of any in-coming manager to keep Sammy Lee and Steve Heighway.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 25, 2004 9:20 pm

JOE CORRIGAN should go!

he has pretty much destroyed the confidence of any goal keeper to enter Anfield and should make way for a new guy
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 25, 2004 9:22 pm

7_Kewell wrote:JOE CORRIGAN should go!

he has pretty much destroyed the confidence of any goal keeper to enter Anfield and should make way for a new guy

can't argue with that. it's no coincidence that all of our recent goalkeepers either spend their time on the treatment table or have these "blips" when they look as though they've never played a game of football in their life before.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 25, 2004 9:24 pm

just another example of why we need a new manager.  There are major changes that need to be made at Anfield, on and off the ptich
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue May 25, 2004 10:43 pm

7_Kewell wrote:JOE CORRIGAN should go!

There is no way I could argue with that, well said mate.

It's about time to get rid of him and it would be nice to bring Ray Clemence back to Anfield to coach Jerzy Dudek + Chris Kirkland and young goalkeepers like Paul Harrison too.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby choopong » Wed May 26, 2004 5:08 am

Liverpool please reconsider Thailand bid.  Lots of people here can not see how they can benefit from the purchase.  Please do not take money from us.  Followings are Bangkok Post newspaper column :

LIVERPOOL SHARE PURCHASE

Academics warn govt of illegality

'Profit-driven action' flies in face of charter

Post reporters

The government has defied the constitution by spearheading efforts to establish a company and issue a mega lottery to mobilise public funds to buy a 30% stake in Liverpool Football Club, Thammasat University law academics say.

In an open letter, the academics led by law faculty dean Surapol Nitikraipoj, said the constitution does not permit the government to run any enterprise for profit and its bid for a stake in the English football club was in essence profit-driven.

The academics warned the government may be breaking the law by cutting corners to achieve its ends through ''questionable means''.

The letter said the constitutional leeway which allowed government to conduct business was meant to serve national security, preserve public interest, and allocate public utilities. Acquiring a stake in Liverpool Club did not satisfy any of these conditions.

Yet the government was going to great lengths playing host to fund-raising activities to buy club shares, which was illegal. The case in point is its plan to issue a special lottery draw with a grand prize of one billion baht. Each lottery ticket will be converted into shares amounting to 40% of a holding company's value.

The firm would be set up with the lottery funds to invest in Liverpool shares and it would be listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand.

The academics insisted the Liverpool lottery was not the kind of government undertaking the law permitted. The lottery was profit-oriented and not intended to benefit charities or public well-being.

The cabinet has appointed the Sports and Tourism Ministry to oversee the mobilisation of public funds to buy the Liverpool stake.

The academics dismissed as an excuse the government's claim that buying into the club would promote football skills among Thai youth.

The letter charged the government was twisting the principle in order to justify its own action.

The chorus of public disapproval has grown, as many began asking why Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra did not fork out his own money to secure the shares, which appeared to be his personal endeavour from the start.

The law lecturers said while they agreed with engaging people in sports, the cash the government tried to raise through lottery would be better spent building stadiums or sports colleges.

While demanding the lottery be cancelled, the academics warned that if the government went ahead it must bear the full extent of political and legal responsibility.

Prime Minister Thaksin yesterday said the deal had not been finalised and negotiations with Liverpool would take another five or six weeks.
choopong

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed May 26, 2004 6:26 am

supersub wrote:I think it would be wise of any in-coming manager to keep Sammy Lee and Steve Heighway.

Couldn't agree more, or else there'll be too many "strangers" inside the board.
Transition period may be good for us rather than a "shock therapy".
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion