PHILIPPE COUTINHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Wed May 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed May 07, 2014 3:42 pm wrote:It's a shame for him but not surprising he doesnt get in their squad.

At least he should be nice and fresh for the new season.

Only me Diego Costa has opted to play for Spain, despite already playing for Brazil.

Stand corrected ,Thnx
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed May 07, 2014 5:34 pm

This kid frustrates me. He's gotta be the most inconsistent player in our squad right now. One game he's lighting it up, spraying passes everywhere an acting like a complete menace. The next he's absolutely nowhere to be found. ***** me off a bit how he was subbed on against palace, and immediately was only jogging back to defend. Really shows a lack of desire or commitment for me. Honestly, I can't remember the last game I thought he put in a good shift, but it's been a while.

At least he's young and can still learn and gain that consistency, but we as fans are starting to overhype this kid. May not be a popular opinion, but that's really how I feel about him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:03 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 07, 2014 4:28 pm wrote:
only me » Wed May 07, 2014 3:01 pm wrote:
stmichael » Wed May 07, 2014 2:57 pm wrote:Left out of the Brazil squad for the World Cup.

Makes sense i guess ,still not consistent enough to warrant a spot for Brazil...

They included Paulinho FFS. Coutinho has been miles better than Paulinho this season.

Not that simple SCS. You don't pick your squad based on just one season, Paulinho has been an integral part of Brazil's team for years (and his season with Spurs hasn't been as bad as you make of it). Coutinho has only made one appearance for them. He's still too inconsistent anyway, but he's still young, he will only improve and will get to play for his country regularly in time, I'm sure.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Can't believe this thread fell down onto the second page and no posts since May.... Thought he was world class today, truly outstanding

Seems Rodgers agrees with me  :eyebrow

Rodgers: "Coutinho is so gifted. He's just magical. His ability to get out of tight situations and his view of the game is incredible."

Rodgers: "And that's Coutinho's best position - playing between the lines, he doesn't get marked. The weight of his passes is phenomenal."

Rodgers: "I really see Coutinho over the next four or five years, being a big force in world football, both for Brazil and Liverpool."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Absolute magician. Just superb.

Laughable that some thought he wouldn't be in our best eleven if Lallana was fit.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:35 pm

stmichael » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:31 am wrote:Absolute magician. Just superb.

Laughable that some thought he wouldn't be in our best eleven if Lallana was fit.

Makes you wonder what our starting 11 will be when everybody's fit. You don't pay £25 million for somebody to sit on the bench, and even Markovic looks like he could be a starter. Major selection dilemma for Rogers when you've got a game like today when everybody plays well.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:42 pm

All the talent and ability in the world and all for 8.5 million  :buttrock   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LEXBgyNK8s#t=56
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:42 pm wrote:All the talent and ability in the world and all for 8.5 million  :buttrock   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LEXBgyNK8s#t=56

That was a sublime performance today by the little maestro. Utterly brilliant.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 am

Massive season for him in my eyes.

He's a class act and has tremendous quality, but last season there was too many annonymous performances to be really considered one of the best in the league.

Hopefully this season he'll step up a level, we're going to need him too as we ALWAYS look a better side when he plays, even when he's not at his out an out best.

Him and Sterling are our rays of hope for this season, as long as these two perform, we have a chance. Hopefully between them, they can go some way to helping fill the canyon that Suarez's departure left in our side.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:06 am

I think that him not going to the WC will help him this year, I also think he will be a part of Dunga's new look Brazil. Unfortunately will no doubt do a Suarez at some point so we should enjoy him while he is here. I think he will turn into a world class player as long as he avoids a major injury but looking at his frame that maybe easier said than done.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Coutinho has been called up to the full Brazil squad for their upcoming friendlies
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:25 pm

It is a double edged sword. In one respect he gets more confidence and matures as a player but on the other he will retun jetlagged and emotionally drained.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:47 pm

He had a really good match in the early hours of this morning by all accounts, laid on a great free kick which Luiz just missed out on scoring

See his montage here...

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:29 pm

I'm a little worried about Coutinho to be honest. Seems to be struggling at the moment and he really needs to develop if he is to ever command a starting spot for us. He has a lot of potential but is probably one of the most inconsistent players we have in the squad. Gives the ball away far too many times (and I'm not just talking about him trying the final ball and missing it more often than not) and defensively he's a bit of a liability when we try to stick him in the diamond (City game was a good example of both these things).

With regards to his Brazil game, I'm glad he got the chance to represent his country but performances like this wont do anything for his chances of keeping his place in the Brazilian squad. Needs to step it up.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:02 am

cardiff-red » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:47 pm wrote:He had a really good match in the early hours of this morning by all accounts, laid on a great free kick which Luiz just missed out on scoring

See his montage here...

Let's not exaggerate :) he didn't do anything noticeable. Seems to repeat his same LFC performance ,has the skills the vision the talent but didn't seize it yet.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion