PHILIPP DEGEN - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Richj » Tue May 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Luckily a non big money transfer doesn't always mean the player will be poor, Look at Sagna,Skrtel  and clichy this season !
Richj

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 20, 2008 2:06 pm

Richj wrote:Luckily a non big money transfer doesn't always mean the player will be poor, Look at Sagna,Skrtel  and clichy this season !

Skrtel broke the LFC record for fee paid for a defender.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Tue May 20, 2008 2:18 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Richj wrote:Luckily a non big money transfer doesn't always mean the player will be poor, Look at Sagna,Skrtel  and clichy this season !

That just shows that we are miles behind the rest. Our record is 6m where as Man Utds is whatever thet paid for Ferdinand. And we wonder why we dont challange for the league.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Richj » Tue May 20, 2008 2:52 pm

JoeTerp wrote:

Compared to 15-20m players other teams are looking at.
Richj

Postby Sabre » Tue May 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Don't worry my friends!!!

DEGEN WILL NEVER TRIUMPH IN LIVERPOOL, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT!!

There, problem solved :D

In all seriousness, with the cautiousness that the fact we're not even in June demands, I'm a bit worried like Bad Bob is.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue May 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Chelsea sign Bosingwa £16.5 million.

Liverpool sign Degen  err  nowt.

Thanks TOM and GEORGE.

Say's it all really. :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Meh, Chelsea signed Shevchenko for 393M.

They signed that ginner from Reading. They signed Scott Parker. They signed Del Horno etc...

They sign a lot of expensive guys, then they disappear into obscurity.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:33 pm

doesn't sound great i have to say i've not heard a good word said about him yet!!

as for me i don't know anything about him to start saying he is :censored: or good, i'm just hoping he is a hidden talent and that he becomes a great player in the prem, i have to say i do like the thought of rafa looking for a more attacking left ( and right back ) someone that will over lap a winger being penned back

i will wait and try not to judge to early and keep fingers crossed
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue May 20, 2008 3:41 pm

Welcome Mr Degan.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue May 20, 2008 3:43 pm

He attacks which is what we need and is he worse than JAR or Aurelio.  He is also free which I assume means more money for a big name.  It looks like Barry is on his way and he could benefit with an attacking left back.

Finnan has been superb but if we get someone better than its thanks for the memories and goodbye.

if we end up spending 8 million on the defence and we have two good players for each position then its a good summer in my opinion.

I assume that Crouch, JAR, Pennant and Voronin will go, maybe Benayoun.  So we have Dirk, Babel and Torres up front and the flanks with Barry probably playing a left role and hope we spend a lot on a creative player.  With our squad we then have two players in every position. 

Anything else this summer is a bonus especially with the way the club is behind the scenes
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stev1eran » Tue May 20, 2008 3:44 pm

Lets at least give the lad a chance - loads of us had never heard of Agger or Skrtel but I think they are both going to be class for years to come as long as they stay injury free. So lets welcome the lad and see what he's like first before slagging him off.
As for the Mancs with Rio I could think of a lot better things to spend £30mil on, and I believe Sami in his prime was a better centre back and how many of us had heard of him whe Houllier bought him ??
Stev1eran

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue May 20, 2008 3:51 pm

I wasn't knocking the lad, i hope he does well . Just shows the difference in financial muscle and what end of the transfer market rafa is competing in. Lets hope things change with a change of ownership.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue May 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Ive seen the lad a couple of times for the Swis and i remember a very lively player, its a shift for us going after forward minded FB`s and a welcome one, WE CANT OUTSPEND UTD AND CHELSEA. That said 8mill for a left back is a fair whack and if it happens will brake the defender record for the second time in 6 months. We need to ship some out and free up  further funds to go after players for more pressing possitions because with the annual repayments the club is having to make i dont think we could afford to many more deals like the Torres and Masch ones.
Welcome Philipp Dagen.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue May 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Well he's free.....but that doesn't matter if he's :censored:. have not seen him play but hope he is decent.....

so now we can't afford to splash the cash on new signings, there was officially no point in selling the club in the first place. but thats pointless to moan about now i guess, gopefully degen can be a revelation, i mean he is an international player so he can't be all that bad can he?
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rupi » Tue May 20, 2008 3:59 pm

I'm Swiss, so I know the lad and I'm not excited at all by this transfer. He's a very average right back, with for only skill going forward (without providing any good crosses) and forgetting to come back in defense.

Maybe I overreact a little bit, but I really believe he doesn't even deserve to be a Swiss national regular.

I'm ok to give him a chance to prove me I'm wrong, but I really think I will be even more disappointed as I'm now...

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion