Philipp degen - Where is he?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Anfield's Finest » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:45 am

I liked him against Tottenham last year in the Carling Cup - I think he is a good player in all honesty and his pace and attacking abilities are only going to make him more of a threat against teams.

Degen has got to be Glen's backup - Kelly is good but turning a centre half into a right back isnt always the best.

Like someone said above when teams are tiring - bringing Degen on will be a good option because you can either bring him on the wing with his pace or you can slot him in at right back and push Glen forward.
Anfield's Finest

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am

if im not mistaken, his twin brother is a right winger. so which one did we sign exactly? :D 

joga bonita
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bigmick » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:38 am

Well he was about ten times as good as I've ever seen him before, so I was quite impressed. To be totally honest, if he was fit most of the time then you'd have to say that on a free, as a back up, he's not a terrible buy based on his raw ability. I do wonder though when you see Arsenal's back up left back for instance being that kid Gibbs (who looks an excellent player to me) if we might not be better off sometimes looking at alternative options for back ups.

Anyway fair play to Deggen, he did well I thought.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion