Oh what a night! - Last night's reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:12 pm

So there is finally something to smile about! The manc sh#te lose at home to BORO, everton get trounced, charlton lose, newcastle only get a draw. Whats more, we play cr#p and still win for a change, going 4th in the process! All i can say is thank god we've got steven gerrard because at the moment he's almost single handedly keeping us in with a realistic chance of champions league.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:32 pm

I should hope we would beat a team that hasn't won in months. Let's not get too carried away, our record this season is still pretty inadequate even if we are sitting in fourth place
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:37 pm

yeah it's weird. the fact we're 4th shows just how poor the rest of the premiership is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:49 pm

It was a reasonable result, what about the fans booing at the defensive nature of our play, I don't think that is fair.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:58 pm

yeah the fans booing is not what we want at this stage of the season. We really need a couple of centre backs with pace and youth. Dawson of forest is a good option.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:59 pm

Campaigning against Houllier is ok, but to boo the team or any single player is disgraceful. It doesn't help the team one bit
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:21 pm

the atmosphere itself has been flat at anfield this season whenever i've been, especially southampton at home. The major exception was the newcastle fa cup match when the atmosphere was electric.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:24 pm

the fans booing when we win is appauling, any fan that booed last night should be utterly ashamed of themself. We won and were 4th, cheer up! Owen got his goal so it wouldnt suprise me one bit if he went on a scoring run, and when he does we dont loose so i think things are looking up. The team played very hard a thought for that win and what do they get, jack s##t. No apreciation what so ever which is disgracefull. What would they rather us do, play really attacking football and get nothing or play defensively and get three points?
columbia

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:31 pm

i agree there's no pleasing some people. Our next two league games are portsmouth and leeds for christ's sake. Win them and we can start thinking about trying to put a run together. I want to see entertaining football but would take three points anyday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Tommy B » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:49 pm

I think we need to keep supporting Houllier, if the fans are behind the players and manager, then the whole confidence of the team will rise, and hopefully so will the performances..???
Tommy B

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:56 pm

I agree but how long can you keep supporting a manager who is clearly out of his depth? His style of play is not allowing certain players to express themselves.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:44 pm

I think people expect way too much.

O.K Houllier has not done as well as he should have this season, anyone can see that, but give the guy somesort of credit, I am sure that he wants to win as much as us or even more..

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:49 pm

everyone expected a lot and rightly so after the treble and then finishing second in the league with the highest runners-up points total ever (80pts). We were then clear at the top of the league last season after 13 games with 31pts. Then for some unknown reason we didn't win a game for three months and have never recovered since.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:53 pm

After coming second in the league and getting in the quarter finals of the Champions League we were in a great position.

But in the summer we spent our money on players who had no impact and gave us no improvement. We were playing cr#p before the game at Middlesbrough, so it was no surprise when we lost and went through a bad patch, but it went on for too long.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:59 pm

yeah that was one of the most disappointng nights of my life after the Leverkeusen defeat. We'd have beat man u in the semis that year i'm sure of it. the problem during our bad patch last year was everyone blamed dudek when the defence was just as much to blame.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion