Sad night - Aah well!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:35 pm

Looked like a breeze untill Biscuits moment of madness. Like the rest of you, i was angry to see him on the teamsheet ahead of Henchoz. Houllier is whinging about the penalty decision but i get the impression we would have lost the game with or without the penalty.

With only 10 men, we needed to get Henchoz on the pitch, re-group, and start passing the ball around. I have advocated trying 3 at the back on the odd occasion but why GH waits till we are down to 10 men to try it is beyond me. Roll on next season.....

What a result for Celtic. Are you watching David Moores?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:31 pm

GH really sucks...so what if your team is 10 against 11, it is not as if this is the first time the team is 1 men down against opponents...it's all down your fu*king tactics & training method. It seems like you only know how to play with 11(this I also really doubt you really know) and you had no backup plan when unexpected situations arise.And stop complaining about the refs, if your team is good attacking-wise,they will still score enough goals to get them through to counter what the idiots refs does.
zardd

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:41 pm

LFC created a lot more chances than Marseilles, bad refereeing put us off them. Drogba should have been carded for pushing over Hyypia to get that discounted header.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zardd » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:56 pm

chances we have but they also have to be taken otherwise it is just an excuse for GH to say during post match. Really getting pi*sed off by his constant remarks of refs, greater possession but miss chances, maybe next time he will blame the weather either too cold or too hot,too windy,too wet etc on why his team is not functioning well.
zardd

Postby simic_ie » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:28 pm

I am absolutley terrified and have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that we will be having this exact same conversation this time next year. Something tells me that Liverpool won't get rid of Houllier during the summer, I don't know what it is I just have this horrible sense of forboding.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:35 pm

Simic I agree.

I am almost certain Houllier will still be here in 6-12 months time and we'll won't be any better off than we are now (maybe 5 or 6 points better in the league but that'll be no big deal).
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:07 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Simic I agree.

I am almost certain Houllier will still be here in 6-12 months time and we'll won't be any better off than we are now (maybe 5 or 6 points better in the league but that'll be no big deal).

If we get the 4th spot I think you might be right.But if we don't then maybe the board will see sense and have a word with O'Neil (if they haven't already).
MON, having done a top class job with Celtic does want to ply his trade in a proper league once again.It's hardly a secret that deep inside he fancies the Liverpool job. :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chrys » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:08 pm

hi there, sad night n sad season too.its like wakin up after a nice dream.now we just see where we r on the european circuit.marseille a french club tops us....../ very sad night indeed my friend
if not houllier then jose mourino
chrys

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion