In the words of the great man himself

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
call me superstitious, but is there any chance you might skip some visits to Anfield ?

???

Been going to games since 1983  :talktothehand[/quote]
Of course you have, you and Walter Mitty   :nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:02 pm

same situation as before just with a different manager.
this team is underperforming and lacking direction at times and that has to improve.
anyway i havent seen one poster on here calling for kennys head even after 11 games just plenty with the same opinion as me and thats get your fooking house in order quickly.
drawing at home to promoted teams and making them look good just simply isnt good enough and definately not top 4 stuff.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
call me superstitious, but is there any chance you might skip some visits to Anfield ?

???

Been going to games since 1983  :talktothehand

Of course you have, you and Walter Mitty   :nod[/quote]
Nice to see your attitude is as sunny as ever on here .  :kungfu:
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:Well I was at the match yesterday and have had a season ticket for over 25 years.

Nobody I know sat around me was happy with the performance, nor with some of the tactics & substitutions but nor where there any calls for changes as far as Kenny is concerned, just changes or lack of changes in aspects of the game itself.

The atmosphere is always average unless we are playing Chelsea, Everton or United.

I haven't been this season, but know someone who did yesterday. He said the frustration lies with the fact we lack a Plan B.

No tactical changes, no new ideas...we just plod along trying the same old thing.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:16 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:Well I was at the match yesterday and have had a season ticket for over 25 years.

Nobody I know sat around me was happy with the performance, nor with some of the tactics & substitutions but nor where there any calls for changes as far as Kenny is concerned, just changes or lack of changes in aspects of the game itself.

The atmosphere is always average unless we are playing Chelsea, Everton or United.

I haven't been this season, but know someone who did yesterday. He said the frustration lies with the fact we lack a Plan B.

No tactical changes, no new ideas...we just plod along trying the same old thing.

I just think people want more from some of the newer players, want to see the likes of Bellamy on the pitch more and creativity in the middle. We looked so slow and lethargic yesterday in midfield. Many sat around me question the selection and substitutions regularly.

Enrique is a big hit with the fans, but you can sense not the same warmth to Henderson and Downing.

The other thing I cannot recall the last time players names were sung before the game, maybe it's the timing of YNWA but  it would be nice for players to get some chant to gee them up before the start.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 pm

As of yet, neither Henderson or Downing have done anything to prove they're worthy of the shirt mate. That's why the fans are wary of them and that's why frustration is growning when we struggle.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:44 pm

Henderson really ? Scored and set up a couple goals , has looked pretty good a few other times but still to learn

Downing also had a good couple of games to start with but has dropped his form a little .

It's amazing how many people say players like Henderson don't deserve the shirt yet where willing to give Cole game after game worth of chances

Only one person can decide who is worthy of the shirt and that one person is far more qualified than any off us will ever be
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Liverpool has a terrific support but we dont accept second best and nor should we. The club wasnt built by Shanks by accepting mediocraty. We have to be realistic, this is not the 60s, nor the 80s, and we dont have an Arab owner, however if we are poor we should voice it. Weve been ordinary before but with managers that maybe didnt understand so much however now we have Dalglish, a man with the same heartbeat and it that I do trust. I know everything is being given however whether its enough is the million dollar question.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Henderson really ? Scored and set up a couple goals , has looked pretty good a few other times but still to learn

Downing also had a good couple of games to start with but has dropped his form a little .

It's amazing how many people say players like Henderson don't deserve the shirt yet where willing to give Cole game after game worth of chances

Only one person can decide who is worthy of the shirt and that one person is far more qualified than any off us will ever be

How much did we pay for Joe Cole?
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:56 pm

parchpea wrote:Liverpool has a terrific support but we dont accept second best and nor should we. The club wasnt built by Shanks by accepting mediocraty. We have to be realistic, this is not the 60s, nor the 80s, and we dont have an Arab owner, however if we are poor we should voice it. Weve been ordinary before but with managers that maybe didnt understand so much however now we have Dalglish, a man with the same heartbeat and it that I do trust. I know everything is being given however whether its enough is the million dollar question.

great post mate.  :buttrock  :buttrock
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm sorry, but I really can't see how you guys got the title "best fans in the world". Outsung by focking Swansea at our home ground... and it's not the first time either!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:22 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Henderson really ? Scored and set up a couple goals , has looked pretty good a few other times but still to learn

How much did we pay for Joe Cole?

Once the player arrives at the club the price is immaterial - it doesn't matter anymore . The fee is what the club needed to pay to get the player - just because Cole cost nothing it doesn't mean he should get more of a chance than someone who cost money - in fact it should be the opposite .

If you want to judge players by their transfer fees then go ahead - not one player justifies their fee .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:23 pm

7_Kewell wrote:That's funny...you never posted that when Roy was in charge.  :D

:laugh:

In all seriousness though Benny, fk off mate. No offence but a few critical comments here and there does not = not supporting the club.

TBH Looking at things in the wider context I was not expecting everything to fall in place at the first throw of the dice by FSG. This is going to take time, and a lot of money too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:31 pm

tubby wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:That's funny...you never posted that when Roy was in charge.  :D

:laugh:

In all seriousness though Benny, fk off mate. No offence but a few critical comments here and there does not = not supporting the club.

TBH Looking at things in the wider context I was not expecting everything to fall in place at the first throw of the dice by FSG. This is going to take time, and a lot of money too.

Says the person who was bringing up Rafa in another thread ?

Clueless .

You had one poster talking about relegation in another thread .

Just read the match thread to see the :censored: being spouted by people .
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 pm

That was Reg who brought him up, I was simply defending him as you lot started frothing at the mouth. And I got no idea what you are on about with the relegation. Link me to the post pls.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion