In the words of the great man himself

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:46 pm

tubby wrote:That was Reg who brought him up, I was simply defending him as you lot started frothing at the mouth. And I got no idea what you are on about with the relegation. Link me to the post pls.

Post at the top of page 18Page 18
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:48 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:That's funny...you never posted that when Roy was in charge.  :D

Why would i need too ? I was in the stands supporting as each defeat went past and as we went further and further down the table to the relegation zone .

FK me ! wasn't long ago you told us you were waiting for a plane to fly you out to Iraq but apparently despite being in the RAF they couldn't find a flight for you.

Now you're a season ticket holder attending every game !

???

I was in the stands supporting as each defeat went past and as we went further and further down the table to the relegation zone .

Mate, call me superstitious, but is there any chance you might skip some visits to Anfield ?

:kungfu:

:D

I live in Australia, every Friday I jump in my canoe and glide half way round the world and dock at the Mersey on the Saturday. I watch Liverpool play (the atmosphere's bad lately), quickly jump on the inet log on here, post some random. Then glide in my canoe back to Australia - I'm home in time for work. Sometimes, if I'm making good time I stop off in Afghanistan, shoot a couple of rebels along the way. You see, I've been a season ticket holder since 1912 and I can tell you the atmosphere has changed.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
tubby wrote:That was Reg who brought him up, I was simply defending him as you lot started frothing at the mouth. And I got no idea what you are on about with the relegation. Link me to the post pls.

Only me's post? Or yours replying to Ethaner? Either way I didn't mention relegation so keep your hair on mate.

Bottom line is John Henry expects a return on his money. I'm not saying Kenny should go if he doesn't deliver 4th at the end of the season, I hope not but there will come a point where if results like this weekend become the norm then Kenny will be under pressure.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:02 pm

tubby wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Only me's post? Or yours replying to Ethaner? Either way I didn't mention relegation so keep your hair on mate.

Bottom line is John Henry expects a return on his money. I'm not saying Kenny should go if he doesn't deliver 4th at the end of the season, I hope not but there will come a point where if results like this weekend become the norm then Kenny will be under pressure.

Never said you mentioned relegation did I ?

Same old Bav jumping the gun
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 pm

It's the same old s.hit - lines are drawn, not even Kenny could unify this feckin forum. Well he did, until a few dodgy results went against us. Then, we had the "Rafa bashers" brought up, now we're being told the glass is half full by a guy notoriously known for his glass is half empty outlook. We had another poster pop in and defended hypocrisy, now we have the 'I'm a better supporter than you' thread going.

In Kenny I trust.

Shame, I don't trust half the phantom match goers on here.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Sad thread..

I think we all support this club win lose or draw. We all just want the best and have different ideas and opinions..... one of the basic aims of this board is debate.. but some people just want to argue! there is a difference.

As for me. I am not concerned. Not one bit. I dont care how much players have cost, as long as we can afford them. I dont care how long it will take for them to come good. And I dont care that some are playing :censored: and may not work out. The fact we are able to even have this discussion is amazing considering how close the club came to fading away.

I do care about LFC. We are a million miles away from 12 months ago. The club is going in the right direction. I will support Liverpool until I die. There will be triumphs and dissapointments along the way.

And I will still love every fecking minute of it!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Post of the day mate - summed it all up in one .
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:28 pm

thanx

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:41 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Sad thread..

I think we all support this club win lose or draw. We all just want the best and have different ideas and opinions..... one of the basic aims of this board is debate.. but some people just want to argue! there is a difference.

As for me. I am not concerned. Not one bit. I dont care how much players have cost, as long as we can afford them. I dont care how long it will take for them to come good. And I dont care that some are playing :censored: and may not work out. The fact we are able to even have this discussion is amazing considering how close the club came to fading away.

I do care about LFC. We are a million miles away from 12 months ago. The club is going in the right direction. I will support Liverpool until I die. There will be triumphs and dissapointments along the way.

And I will still love every fecking minute of it!

We cant use the fact that our owners were Hicks and Gillette to feel better about our results so far this season. During that farce of a period we were almost always in contention for top four and even managed a decent title challenge. The irony is that if we don't pull our socks up sharpish, even with supportive owners, £100m of spending and a man we all love in charge, there is probably greater risk now of falling into mid table obscurity because of the emergence of city and spurs.

Criticism does not mean you don't support the Club, and outside of speaking to LFC supporters I am loathe to question Kennys decisions, but take him aside, had any other manager bought these same players at the same cost and employed them in the same way, we wouldn't have this thread.

Personally I do care how much a player costs as firstly it should be a guide as to his ability and what we should expect, had Carroll cost £2m he would have unanimous support and secondly we DONT have the deepest pockets, and its more important for us how well we spend our money than it is for City, manu or Chelsea.

I am probably one of few on here that doesn't have a season ticket  :;): but it is a shame how quiet Anfield is, most of the time its :censored: taking pics on their iPhone rather than getting involved, and usually, the group I go with feel like lepers when we try and get a few songs going. Regardless of your misgivings support at Anfield is a prerequisite of buying ticket and being one of us.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 am

ah Benny the Loon...giving women football fans a bad name since 2009...or whenever she changed her name from GYBS...or whatever she use to be called  :laugh:
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:21 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Image

Spoken like a true mindless fanatic :lookaround

I'm on the other side of the fence, I think it's great for people to attack the weakness's present in our team. By putting more focus on those problems maybe something will be done to fix it, although the repair bill may break the bank!
killerp

Postby jimmy brighton » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am

Shanks used to say something along the lines of the first objective in a game was to silence the opposition's crowd in the first 15 mins. This was done by getting hold of the ball and keeping it. Now the tides have turned because teams are coming to Anfield with that first and foremost in their minds. And how easy it is these days? Too easy. Teams can sense the fear in Anfields mood. That basic philosophy of the great man has come back to haunt us because of the years of disappointment we have had to endure. As I said in the match thread on Saturday. Prawn sandwiches anybody?
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:38 pm

We are attacking but not clinical or ruthless enough to get goals and finish teams off. Our style of play has become predictable and frustrating to watch and we are saying the same things every week. There are certain players who are either being played out of position, or not trying hard enough. I dont think its that theyre not good enough, I just believe we are missing a winning mentatlity and at the moment we are leaderless on the pitch. I love Gerrards ability to lead by example but I doubt he will be able to do that in the future. We desperately need a Souness, Keane, dare I say Terry type chracter who goads, cajoles, threatens and demands respect (I know Terry is a pure pr'ick but hes a decent captain who isnt afraid to put his head where it hurts). We are rudderless and leaderless on the pitch, which is why were seeing displays like saturdays
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:23 pm

like I said in the game thread, being critical of your team's performance does not equate to not supporting the club...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:40 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Image

I thought supporting the club went deeper than what the results bring, shows what I know....
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion