No gerrard against the saints

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:32 pm

Seriously, we've blocked Igor's loan deal so he surely must play? Lets face it, if he can't get a game when he's one of only two available central-midfielders at the club then we may as well let him go. I know he was absolutely shocking against Burnley (for effort as well as influence) but we've probably got to go with him at the moment. 30 grand a week (thats a guess) and he's fit and available and we're on about switching Carra, says it all about him really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:36 pm

i seriously dun think rafa will recall any of the loan off players
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Redtribe » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:36 pm

I wouldnt mind seeing pelle and cara paired at the back, as Hypia for me was also poor against Burnley!
Plus i dont think he has been as good as past seasons by someway this campaign!
As for midfield if Gerard isnt fit to play then then you have to go with Biscan and Hamann as we have little else we can throw in there! Maybe Welsh but i dont think RB will go that way!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:37 pm

incidentally, damn sky for these ridiculous kick off times. i having to leave at six in the morning to get down to southampton tomorrow. :(

we'd better win after that journey :alien:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:33 pm

No Gerrard? We'll cope with it as we have with all other injuries this season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:34 pm

addicted norwegian wrote:I think, like you do Dawson, that Carra is an alternative as a central mid. We seem a bit short of creativity in our offencive game though. I`m sure that both Baros (if he`s fit) and Morientes will be an outstanding pairing up front, but after all they are dependant on being served with "the right" passes from behind. I`ve got my fingers crossed in hope of seeing some magic from Garcia again.

Dudek / Carson

Josemi    Pellegrino     Hyypia         Warnock

Garcia       Carra        Hamann       Riise

Baros           Morientes

Josemi is injured.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:39 pm

Young John Welsh with Hamann tomorrow ? Anyone agree? Hes just signed a 2 and a half year contract today, be worth a go havent seen him play much, but anything has to be better than Biscan or Diao.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:07 am

good formation el stinger.

But, Hamann must have a replacement. We need someone in attacking mode in the centre.  Who? Should be try Potter/ Patridge? Or should we try play Baros in the centre in front Hamann nad let Morientes and Pongolle be striker. ?

Its a dilemma,  Without anyone in the centre to replace Gerrard and Xabi!
hobbes

Postby hobbes » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:13 am

Welsh is great choice. But I saw Potter play again and again in the replay. He did meke good passes. He could well be fitted in.

Surely, Hamann must be supported. / replaced. You can surely see the need for it.
hobbes

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:52 am

I think that Biscan will be given another chance.  He has performed well in all other fixtures for Rafa (particularly against Depor in Spain) and I just get the feeling Rafa may go for the more experienced player in Biscan
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:45 am

hobbes wrote:good formation el stinger.

But, Hamann must have a replacement. We need someone in attacking mode in the centre.  Who? Should be try Potter/ Patridge? Or should we try play Baros in the centre in front Hamann nad let Morientes and Pongolle be striker. ?

Its a dilemma,  Without anyone in the centre to replace Gerrard and Xabi!

Yeah I see a need for a back up for Hamman in the middle. Usually in 4-3-3 formations, the centre mid is usually the defending one. I see a real dilemna for Rafa, as Biscan is still in the shop window as Diao was against Everton. There is not a great deal of replacement.
However, someone posted about Carragher in the midfield, I tend to fancy that notion if (God forbid) Hamman is injured. Then you can push one of the youngsters in right back, and they can play next to Pelle, so he can use his new found sign language.
P.S. take the el out dude, lol, its just stinger, mate.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion