New stadium - Why so quiet for months

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:43 am

After finally getting Prescott to accept the planning permission, we as a club have been very quiet and haven't said anything about what we are doing. Is the current lack of transfer funds due to money being saved for the new stadium?

I know this probably isn't a hot topic but seeing as though we are all struggling to get tickets for major games it would be nice to know that in the near future we can have an extra 15000 kopites singing themselves hoarse.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:02 am

i disagree boo.. i think its a good topic to discuss. im surprised myself that more hasnt been released over this....money for players is a priority im sure.

personally i cant see why we couldnt fill 70.000 plus? surely, looked at the basic level, more bums on seats, the quicker it will finance its construction. imo.. as for the design, i hope to god it doesnt end up as a hybrid of JJB/REEBOK/RIVERSIDE/BRITTANIA/ et al. have you seen the 'virtual' tour on liverpoolfc.tv? it certainly looks to be of that mould...

bowl shape, pitch MILES from the seats, glass roof (st.james)?

SOUL-LESS?  i doubt it would be that, but i for one prefer them stadiums that put the people ON TOP of the action!  :;):

a good template is either MILLENIUM/WESTFALENSTADION/O.T  that kind. where there are straight stands, albeit 3 or 4 tiers high!!!. and the pitch is FEET not metres away.
in fact as we all know (and love!) the millenium is a flagship venue that would do no wrong being replicated (tweaked) in stanley park.  :)

its obvious ANFIELD will never be the place for that to be developed, but the planners SHOULD be working very closely with LFC to ensure, to absolutely INSIST on a design conducive to THE ROAR OF THE 12th MAN!   :buttrock
Last edited by red37 on Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red or dead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:24 am

glad someone has brought this we are losing thousends a week on this, why the hell is there such a fucvkig holdup its got to have something to do with are council they are usless and full of ars@holes who cannot get anything right.
red or dead

Postby Woollyback » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:52 pm

red37 wrote:i disagree boo.. i think its a good topic to discuss. im surprised myself that more hasnt been released over this....money for players is a priority im sure.

personally i cant see why we couldnt fill 70.000 plus? surely, looked at the basic level, more bums on seats, the quicker it will finance its construction. imo.. as for the design, i hope to god it doesnt end up as a hybrid of JJB/REEBOK/RIVERSIDE/BRITTANIA/ et al. have you seen the 'virtual' tour on liverpoolfc.tv? it certainly looks to be of that mould...

bowl shape, pitch MILES from the seats, glass roof (st.james)?

SOUL-LESS?  i doubt it would be that, but i for one prefer them stadiums that put the people ON TOP of the action!  :;):

a good template is either MILLENIUM/WESTFALENSTADION/O.T  that kind. where there are straight stands, albeit 3 or 4 tiers high!!!. and the pitch is FEET not metres away.
in fact as we all know (and love!) the millenium is a flagship venue that would do no wrong being replicated (tweaked) in stanley park.  :)

its obvious ANFIELD will never be the place for that to be developed, but the planners SHOULD be working very closely with LFC to ensure, to absolutely INSIST on a design conducive to THE ROAR OF THE 12th MAN!   :buttrock

i'll second that, i'm of the opinion that we SHOULD move to a new ground to dramatically increase capacity but it has to be done right. The simplest 2 stipulations should be

a) a distinct Kop end which isn't just a section of a long sweeping curving stand

b) stands come down to pitchside, not 20 yards away the other side of a running track, the millenium stadium being a perfect example

bit of a cliche but the rest of the atmosphere is down to the people in those stands rather than the building itself. In an ideal world I would rather see Anfield extended but last year I was looking at all the different proposals and there was one which had Anfield up to 55,000 and it looked SENSATIONAL, but due to the engineering and planning complexities it would be even more expensive to do that than build a brand new 60,000 ground from scratch. In fact the feasability studies concluded that the planning issues were so complex it would be unlikely to ever get the thumbs up. For that reason I think we have to say a tearful farewell to Anfield, because increasing our capacity is an absolute must if we're going to compete with the arsenals and the manures of this world

directly back on topic I haven't heard any more news on what's happening on the whole thing yet. As for sharing with everton? NEVER, NOT ANDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THAT EVEN BE CONSIDERED  :angry:
Last edited by Woollyback on Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:59 pm

The video on Lfctv.com looks pretty good. It's not Anfield, but we have to turn it into Anfield.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:19 pm

well it has gone quite.....but hpoefully the money from the CL win will plug the finaicial gaps and we will get moving on this project soon
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby is-stan-bul » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:07 pm

A major hold has been the NWDA pushing for liverpool and the bluenose whingers to share a stadium but not being able to realise that it ain't never going to happen. The club wanted 9million for an underground carpark but it took then NorthWest Development Agency 9 months to realise that LFC is a private company and so couldn't award them the money.
For all the hassle we've had trying to get this off the ground i think we should just say bo11ox to the anfield area and move to somewhere like SPEKE that has got loads of room for building a worldclass stadium.
is-stan-bul

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:55 pm

is-stan-bul wrote:For all the hassle we've had trying to get this off the ground i think we should just say bo11ox to the anfield area and move to somewhere like SPEKE that has got loads of room for building a worldclass stadium.

I'm inclined to agree with you, for the simple reason of logistics.
It is an absolute nightmare trying to get away from Anfield after a match, and it seems to be getting worse. I now tend to park over a mile away from the ground close to West Derby Rd - to avoid the queues. It takes ages to get to all of the main roads from Anfiled ie Queens Drive, West Derby Rd, Scotty Rd. It frightens me to think what it would be like with an extra 10,000 cars.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:58 pm

Woollyback wrote:As for sharing with everton? NEVER, NOT ANDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THAT EVEN BE CONSIDERED  :angry:

if everton want a groundshare they should be forced to groundshare with tranmere. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:09 pm

Id like to see the stadium more of an amsterdam arena with the crowd on top of the pitch i dont like the video presentation on liverpoolfc.tv
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:20 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:Id like to see the stadium more of an amsterdam arena with the crowd on top of the pitch i dont like the video presentation on liverpoolfc.tv

Arena auf shalke should be our design, but not blue!!!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:49 pm

I like the Nou camp only not as big. lol.

But the millenium stadium style design would help conserve the atmosphere and sound of the singing.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:01 pm

Just out of curiosity, how big is the stadium supposedly going to be ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PepeMomo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:24 pm

any hints showing the construction will start soon?
PepeMomo

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:49 am

the delay has something to do with the price of steel fluctuating on a weekly basis.
Luis Garcia

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion