All quiet on the western front ! - Are we signing anyone else?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:00 am

Why has this thread turned into the Real World?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rafas Amigo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:02 am

You people need to calm down !!!
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:36 am

You people need to calm down !!!

We couldn't be any more calmer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 am

guess this time next week..figo & upson will be our players (just my prediction....)

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149517050730-0920.htm

RAFA EYES TWO MORE SIGNINGS

Rafael Benitez wants to make two more new signings by the end of next week with a right winger and a centre half his prime targets. 
The Liverpool manager says he is happy with the way his squad is shaping up but he wants to make it even stronger with more reinforcements.

Benitez said: "I am very happy with the squad, with the way they are working in training and in matche and I am happy with the new players. But I am still looking for a centre back and a right winger and we need to bring these players in during the next seven days."

The Liverpool manager will not be drawn on names of who his targets are and has yet to rule out a possible swoop for Real Madrid star Luis Figo.

Benitez said: "I always say that a player is not yours until he has actually been signed. We have alternatives to these players and my idea is to always be looking at all your options."

The Liverpool manager says he is happy with the pre-season so far and believes with hard work and good football the Reds could have a good season.

Benitez said: "I am realistic. I always think about winning the next game and nothing else. I know it will be difficult but it you start the season winning games then it helps your confidence and your performance.

"We have a better squad than last season and we have a lot of hungry players who want to win. If the players continue working as hard in training as they have been doing then I can dream of the possibilities.

"We have forwards who bring different qualities and different possibilities to the team and it is good when they score goals. But it is also important that we get goals from the midfield and even from the defenders, and this has been happening.

"We are scoring a lot of goals so I am not too worried about goals we have conceded. When you look at the goals we have conceded some have come at the start of games but most have come at the end of matches which we have been two or three goals ahead and our players have been looking for more goals.

"That comes down to concentration and this will improve as the players fitness improves and they are more ready for matches."

Benitez also wanted to thank the Liverpool fans for their fantastic support to the team as on Tuesday night more than 350 Reds fans were in Kaunas for the Champions League qualifier.

Benitez said: "When I was manager of other teams and we played pre-season games away from Spain we would sometimes have 10 or 20 fans with us. But at Liverpool it is different. There are usually hundreds of fans wherever and whenever we play.

"This is something that is very special and something that the players and myself really appreciate. It is one of the reasons why I always say we have the best supporters in the world."

The Reds boss also says he was flattered by favourable comments from the chairman David Moores about him.

Benitez said: "I am flattered by what the chairman has said but I prefer only to look at my next challenge and not to look too far ahead. But I am really happy at the moment."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:03 am

.. i'v e learnt not to distrust your comments Rock. after that fantastic prediction that we would win the CL.. so early in the comp.. but .. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:54 pm

BigMick predicted long before anybody else that we would win the Cl. He said he had a feeling in his stomach that we would.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion