NEW STADIUM - All News + discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ste123lfc » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:41 pm

where it says ward, select Anfield and in the address write stanley park. then when page comes up click on number at the side
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby inglis5 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:59 pm

This is the original application, right? Posted on 16/4/06  ???
inglis5

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:01 pm

112 Stanley Park Avenue North, Liverpool, L4

To use premises as a shop for the sale of hot take-away food

Decided

Refuse

Poor bugger.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:40 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
112 Stanley Park Avenue North, Liverpool, L4

To use premises as a shop for the sale of hot take-away food

Decided

Refuse

Poor bugger.

:laugh:

They want to convert Goodison into a chippy ??   :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:44 pm

Classic !  The ne below the Anfield application:

"To dismantle the 'Monkey House' bandstand structure on Priory Road side of the park, carry out cleaning and repair works, and re-erect the structure on the Walton Lane side of the park (opposite Everton Football Club); to dismantle the bowling green pavilion and re-erect the pavilion adjacent to the childrens playground on the Walton Lane side of the park Decided Approve with Conditions" 

To put the Monkey House outside Goodison.... must be a red working in the council there.....!!!   :cool:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:47 am

Anfield Online
LIVERPOOL FC NEWS 
LFC News Round Up (18 June 2007)
Mon 18 Jun 07 (19:30)
by Dave Needham  11 Comments 

The speculation on players both in and out of Anfield moved up a notch and the media have been filled with the weekend’s comments from Mr. Gillett.

New Anfield Stadium proposals

As we reminded everyone this morning, the reds are unveiling their plans for the new Anfield stadium to the City Council today.  The plans have been sent to the application department who have to go through some ‘official’ time-wasting before they are revealed to public.  We were sent a pdf file containing two pages of the new stadium designs about midday today. The document looks official but I would imagine that the official website will display the plans first, and I’m not running the risk of looking like a clown by being duped (again!).  The pictures I saw I would be well happy with though. I’ve already picked me seat.

So the club have presented their plans and this morning the council were talking positive - the council leader was on local radio insisting that they want work to start as soon as possible - obviously keen to being the regeneration of the Anfield and Breckfield areas ahead of the European Capital of Culture year in 2008.

All the LFC websites and forums will be inundated with the images as they no doubt get leaked over the next week to ten days so don’t disappear on a pot-holing expedition just yet.
cpc4eva

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:23 am

http://www.thisisanfield.com/news/2007/06/new-stadium-will-be-a-unique-design/

New stadium will be a unique design Written by Matt Ladson on June 20th, 2007 ▪ Subscribe to TIA Alerts 

Liverpool FC submitted new plans for their Stanley Park stadium to the city council on Monday. The designs and plans have not been released - or leaked - into public domain yet, but there are supporters who have seen images of the stadium in different design stages.

Each description of the new stadium has it down to be very unique and set to create much debate amongst fans when the plans are displayed publicly - which nobody is sure when that will be for sure!

Rather than the new stadiums which are being created around England with a similar design, very little uniqueness and even less character, the new Anfield is set to break the chain of bowl shaped stadiums similar to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium, the new Wembley and numerous smaller clubs.

All four sides are said to be unique and different from another, one description used states “Whether intentional or not it seems to reflect the way British grounds have been built in the past, i.e. where stadiums would grow and modernise by developing one side at a time, reflecting the era they were built and creating a rather adhoc arrangement of styles. If this was the source of inspiration I think it has been very bold and clever.”

Gillett and Hicks have already stated The Kop will be the focal point and hold 20,000 supporters. This is described as being a vast single tier stand which overlooks the rest of the stadium, particularly the opposite end which is said to be similar to the smaller end at Porto’s Drago Stadium.

Fans will be pleased to hear The Kop is somewhat similar to Dortmund’s Sudtribune, but rounding at the sides.

The actual capacity for the new stadium is still somewhat unclear, with reports suggesting it will begin as 61,000 with expansion to 68,000 likely - and possible even during the construction phase once planning permission allows.

The secrecy of the new stadium designs combined with the lack of transfer activity at Anfield is certainly proving frustrating for fans who are anxious to see the future of the club revealed over the summer.

Just like Xabi Alonso said when he signed his contract, exciting times lie ahead….

waiting...... waiting..... waiting....... anything exciting happened yet ??
cpc4eva

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 am

Man- i can't wait anymore! i understand the delays in buying players (well i don't understand but i will wait as i'm confident they'll happen), but i can't wait to see the new stadium!! i just hope it's not a disappointment. I never liked the original plans and Parry should have been sacked for trying to move us into a mediocre stadium - I've seen nicer B&Q's than that design!

If we're to leave Anfield (which obviously we are) we need to move to a new home- not a tin shed slightly bigger than the Reebok stadium. If we buy a :censored: player at least we can sell or bench him- if we move to a :censored: stadium we're stuck there for evermore! If the dutch, german and american's can build innovative stadiums then so should we!! The 'This is anfield' sign should sit proudly on the walls and show every player walking out why our players are luckier than anyone elses! Please don't move it to tin squat!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 pm

From the Echo, bit at the end of a story linking us with Torres (see Rumour Mill)...

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html

"Internet reports suggesting Liverpool have submitted plans of the new Anfield to Liverpool City Council are inaccurate.

The Reds will unveil their plans to the public at the same time as they submit them, which is likely to be early July."
ivor_the_injun

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:03 pm

Thats amazing but would not be allowed to ever happen again it did look pretty crazy
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:13 pm

It said in the Echo the plans will not be out till July it was surposed to be the 18th june why the delay.

just imagine a nightmare and the hole thing falls threw and we end up with no stadium.
grayghost

Postby tommycockles » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:55 pm

grayghost wrote:It said in the Echo the plans will not be out till July it was surposed to be the 18th june why the delay.

just imagine a nightmare and the hole thing falls threw and we end up with no stadium.

Patience- when they reviewed the plans they were looking at changing them within their current permissions so i don't imagine they'd do anything to jeopordise it- just give them the opportunity to expand when needed. personally i'd rather it fall through than end up with the B&Q stadium!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby ajaxs21 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:42 am

hello
ajaxs21

Postby ajaxs21 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:45 am

I hope to see it before i die
ajaxs21

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Fans will be pleased to hear The Kop is somewhat similar to Dortmund’s Sudtribune, but rounding at the sides.

Gillett and Hicks have already stated The Kop will be the focal point and hold 20,000 supporters. This is described as being a vast single tier stand which overlooks the rest of the stadium, particularly the opposite end which is said to be similar to the smaller end at Porto’s Drago Stadium.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion