Mr. goal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:33 pm

Michael Owen, now known as "Mr. Goal" scored his ninth goal of the league to put Real Madrid 1-0 in the first ten minutes against Real Betis.

He's had started the last three games, one of them both Raul and Ronaldo were benched. It seems that Luxemburgo has realized that Owen needs to be playing more [took him long enough].

I doubt that he will return to us or to the Premier League for that matter, he has already had a successful season thus far and it seems that he will play more now.

If Madrid were to sell him to us I don't think they would sell him for under eight million[which is what we got for him] and therefore wouldn't be making any profit.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Agreed. But even if he wasn't scoring, I think pride would have kept him from leaving after just 1 year.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:14 pm

ian rush did it.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby A.B. » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:18 pm

But was he as good for us before he left?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:26 pm

i dnt know, i was only about 7 i think... john barnes was my hero.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:37 pm

Not sure what you're point is here AB . In another thread you are suggesting we forget about Owen "it's time to move on " ???

But to answer you're question , M.O is probably playing better now than he did during his last season with us . Maybe the guy needed a fresh challenge ,you know the way some guys wonder after several years of happy marriage what it would be like to be "out on the pull " again. Consequently ,he's taken more care of his "game" has had some success ,but is also thinking "i'm fed up with all this foreplay, wish i was back with my ex "

:D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:05 am

I just watched the game, no exergration he could have had a hattrick, he gets into some great positions.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:06 am

A.B. wrote:If Madrid were to sell him to us I don't think they would sell him for under eight million[which is what we got for him] and therefore wouldn't be making any profit.

Haha yea, sh*t happens
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:52 am

Madrid will want a kings ransom if we were to ever get him especailly as Newcastle ripped them off with Woodgate why by a player who is clearly injuried :D :laugh:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:19 am

woof woof ! wrote:Not sure what you're point is here AB . In another thread you are suggesting we forget about Owen "it's time to move on " ???

But to answer you're question , M.O is probably playing better now than he did during his last season with us . Maybe the guy needed a fresh challenge ,you know the way some guys wonder after several years of happy marriage what it would be like to be "out on the pull " again. Consequently ,he's taken more care of his "game" has had some success ,but is also thinking "i'm fed up with all this foreplay, wish i was back with my ex "

:D  :D  :D

Nice analogy there woof  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:36 am

Just don't tell my missus ok AB ?  :D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:51 am

:D great analogy indeed Woof Woof.

Always makes me laugh in her when fans discuss whether they would take Owen back as though Owen would come back begging to join LFC .

For me I'd have him back like a shot. He's up there with the very best who have worn the red Shirt and a genuine world class player in a sea of mediocrity and hype !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:57 am

A.B. wrote:Michael Owen, now known as "Mr. Goal" scored his ninth goal of the league to put Real Madrid 1-0 in the first ten minutes against Real Betis.

He's had started the last three games, one of them both Raul and Ronaldo were benched. It seems that Luxemburgo has realized that Owen needs to be playing more [took him long enough].

I doubt that he will return to us or to the Premier League for that matter, he has already had a successful season thus far and it seems that he will play more now.

If Madrid were to sell him to us I don't think they would sell him for under eight million[which is what we got for him] and therefore wouldn't be making any profit.

A.B. for your information Owen is considered a flop in madrid. He has showed nothing. He has started 14 games and been subbed at half time or early in the second in 13 of them. Raul and Ronaldo are both injured or semi injured. That is why Owen plays. He and Portillo was strikers in their last away game when they were firmly beaten. Stop this sillty sh!t. Owen is mediocre. Nothing more nothing less.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:34 am

what an eejit you are banana, you must hate Owen for a perosnal reason or somethingit, cos to call him mediocre is farcical.

shown nothing? best goals ratio to minutes played in Spain is nothing is it?

Stu was right about you.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:37 am

Dalglish wrote:Always makes me laugh in her when fans discuss whether they would take Owen back as though Owen would come back begging to join LFC .

Makes me laugh an all, but what else are you gonna do except shoot the sh'it when it's too late to head out to the pub and too early to turn in ?
(yeah I know what you're thinking ,we could try that but lets assume our wrists are broken   :D   :D   :D )
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion