The "goal" that wasn't ! !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ScouseTommy » Wed May 04, 2005 8:15 pm

Just been watching Sky Sports News and they showed a digital reconstruction or whatever it is of the goal from last night. They reckon there is a little room for error but its v accurate the way they showed it the ball wasnt anywhere near over the line.

Dunno about anyone else but that makes it even better for me.

oh yeah n someone needs to mention to mourinho it woulda been a red card and penalty if the goal wasn't given, He doesn't seem to have mentioned that.
1892 - 2005
18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
2 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
ScouseTommy

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 04, 2005 8:34 pm

ScouseTommy wrote:Just been watching Sky Sports News and they showed a digital reconstruction or whatever it is of the goal from last night. They reckon there is a little room for error but its v accurate the way they showed it the ball wasnt anywhere near over the line.

Dunno about anyone else but that makes it even better for me.

oh yeah n someone needs to mention to mourinho it woulda been a red card and penalty if the goal wasn't given, He doesn't seem to have mentioned that.

andy gray reckons baros should have been done for high feet on czech, well okay, if you are going to the letter of the law we should have had a blatant pen in the first game when carragher was pulled down in the box. not to mention the alonso thing.
facts are they had 2 games to score against us and they couldnt do it.
funny how mourinho forgets the foul on barca`s keeper that got them through.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 04, 2005 8:42 pm

I've just seen it and even though andy gray says it is an accurate system im not so sure about that. Anyway we deserve to go through and if that system is accurate it is about time a descision came our way.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Wed May 04, 2005 8:58 pm

I am sorry, but from my cowardly position in my kitchen, looking at the telly in the lounge, in my house in North Wales; IT WAS A GOAL!!!
I am a bloody good judge of whether balls are in or out with my many years experience of watching Wimbledon on telly.

So there.  :p
gabbyh

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:59 pm

WHO GIVES A FU*K, WE ARE THROUGH, NOT THEM!!!!

SH1T HAPPENS, AND WE HAVE HAD OUR FAIR SHARE THIS SEASON, SO I AM NOT FEELING THE SLIGHTEST BIT LIKE WE HAVE SOMEHOW CHEATED THE GOD OF FAIR PLAY TO GET TO THIS FINAL.

WHERE WAS HE ON NEW YEARS DAY WHEN TIAGO HANDBALLED?

WHERE WAS HE WHEN GARCIAS GOAL AT BOLTON WAS DISALLOWED?

STICK YOUR GOAL LINE CLEARANCE UP YOU BITTER BLUE SORRY CHELSEA AR$E$!!!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
jonnymac1979

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:55 pm

i dont know about you lot but that reconstruction is very accurate and after watching it it seems to have taken the gloss of the win and makes it seem like we didnt deserve it and didnt beat chelsea last night. The match will always be know for that, the only thing i think can fix this is a final win. Yer i know we were the much better team and we deserved to win really but now ive seen that we didnt REALLY win did we
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:57 pm

Again, I respect you, but who cares, it's football, sh!t happens.

Just be glad it was us who was in favour. :)
jonnymac1979

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 04, 2005 10:17 pm

ALONSO_14 wrote:i dont know about you lot but that reconstruction is very accurate and after watching it it seems to have taken the gloss of the win and makes it seem like we didnt deserve it and didnt beat chelsea last night. The match will always be know for that, the only thing i think can fix this is a final win. Yer i know we were the much better team and we deserved to win really but now ive seen that we didnt REALLY win did we

i know what your saying mate and your view is admirable, but sometimes in this game things are meant to be, and its not worth worrying about them.
when chelsea played us on new years day and the ref missed the blatant handball, alonso was carried off and joe cole scored from a deflected shot it seemed we were almost too unlucky. then at cardiff the way it was gerrard who scored the own goal when chelsea were struggling to break us down told me something was going to happen in our favour big time.
add to this the whole gerrard situation from last summer and its almost like the fates of the two clubs were locked into a collision course somehow - it was building up to something.
and it did. last night was the way it was meant to be - this game of football has a life of its own sometimes and there`s nothing the players, managers or fans can do.
thats why its the greatest sport on earth.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed May 04, 2005 10:52 pm

I felt all along that we were due a dodgy penalty call or something. I must confess I thought it was in but there you go, I'm prepared to believe it wasn't. Doesn't really change much though does it as far as I can see. The incident occured after 4 minutes and radically altered the way the game panned out. What with the fervour of the crowd and the way we had started the game, who's to say we wouldn't have scored two minutes later if that one had been disallowed.
It's a little like Dudek's fantastic save from Lampards free-kick (Czeck is a top keeper but jeez if he had done that they'd have been comparing it to Banksies World Cup save, don't laugh they did it with Schmiechel a few years back). The free-kick that was given for a ball that bounced up and brushed the fingernails of Risse, an absolutely ridiculous decision. When things go against you you have to find a way to turn the tide back. It's not like we got the goal in the dying seconds FFS, there were still 86 minutes left. The way I see it, the goal didn't alter things that much for Chelsea anyhow. They needed to score before it, they needed to score after it. They couldn't so see you later. Mind the door doesn't smack you up the Rse on the way out.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:04 pm

The ball is clearly over the line here.  Gallass' left foot was on the line so his right must have been behind the line to kick the ball out. 

I'm still not 100% convinced it was a goal but it makes it all the more sweeter that fate was on our side last night.

We are going to win this Cup back after 21 years.

jonnymac1979

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:12 pm

It doesnt really matter about the goal anyway though cos we are in the final but to be honest I would trust a high tech reconstruction on skysports over a virtual replay on liverpoolfc.tv
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed May 04, 2005 11:19 pm

I do hope you're not suggesting that LFC TV is biased? I can also confirm that having reconstructed the whole incident with the old "club edition" of Subbuteo not only did it go in, it bounced back out to the half-way line. I even went as far as to play the game out in it's entirety with the goal being disallowed! Just for the record, we scraped through 11-3 and judging by the state of Frank Lampard after I knelt on him he may be doubtful for the World Cup finals in 2006. You thought Cisse's injury was bad, jeez.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:26 pm

liverpoolfc.tv would be biased yer and also as i mentioned skysports use a lot more high tech equipment to make them reconstruction therefore being much more accurate and yes i do wish that the replay was wrong and the goal was in but its clear it wasnt but like i said it doesnt matter does it because it was given and thats all that counts and liverpool deserved the win all the way through and got what they have deserved all season
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 04, 2005 11:29 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:The ball is clearly over the line here.  Gallass' left foot was on the line so his right must have been behind the line to kick the ball out.

Good shout Jmac , the sky recon has gallas' left foot a least 6 inches away from the line . when the actual tv footage has his left foot standing ON the line . 

Ah well ,who cares ,it's just more salt rubbed into the Chelsea wounds   :pirate   :rasp   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:30 pm

Again, respect your views alonso_14, but like everyone is saying it was just the way the cookie crumbled, and lets just give thanks that it was us that benefitted from some snide decision rather them AGAIN. At the end of the day in the record books in years to come, all it will say is 1-0.Thats it,end of.....none of this 'oh yea but it was a controversial goal'.....JUST 1-0..........RAFA RAFA RAFA  :bowdown  :bowdown
76-1115222408

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion