Shawky claims reds interest - Skysports 2/6/05

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:59 pm

Egyptian international Mohamed Shawky has revealed that he has attracted interest from clubs in England, France and Germany, with reports suggesting Liverpool are monitoring the midfielder's situation at Al Ahly.

Shawky has been tipped for stardom for some time and was expected to make the move to England during January's transfer window.

Norwich City and Crystal Palace had both expressed interest, but Al Ahly vetoed potential trials as they were determined to retain his services until the summer.

It is being suggested that Al Ahly will consent to a transfer, which has led to interest from Europe - with French outfit Paris Saint Germain and ambitious Bundesliga side Stuttgart rivalling the absorption from Anfield.

Shawky says he has not been contacted officially by any clubs, but has been informed of the interest by his agent.

"There are no offers until now but Liverpool and Stuttgart are interested in me," Shawky told Egyptianplayers.com.

"Paris Saint Germain's offer was cancelled because it came from another agent and there was a row between him and my agent over the percentages they'll gain."

European Champions Liverpool could be in the market for a defensive-minded midfielder, although much will depend on whether Dietmar Hamann moves on from Anfield, and Shawky expects his future to be clarified before the end of June.

"My agent Mohamed Zakaria El-Messlaty has tapes and CDs for me, and he talked with the clubs and they have agreed on initial interest," he added.

"But at the end of June everything will be sorted, whether I travel to Germany, England or elsewhere."
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion