Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:16 pm

Good goal by Balotelli but since when did LFC become a rehab clinic for football players with issues? Not played since November for no good reason apart from the fact he is not adapting to our style.

16 million pounds for one goal in 6 months is a ***** poor investment.
killerp

Postby killerp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:50 pm

What antics? Apart from his occasional brainf*rt off the field he seems very subdued. [/quote]

He tweets to the world his little Mario joke with the last line "...Collect gold coins like a Jew". That's more than a silly brainfart IMO with all the unnecessary media attention that follows that type of stupidity.

Send that to your friends in a private msg ok, but not as a representative of our football club.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:13 pm

That was a huge goal he scored last night.
To be fair to him when he was 'getting his chance' earlier on in the season we were not only using a different formation (one without so many attacking players) but the whole team as a unit was just massively under performing, even top players like Coutinho and Sterling were well out of sorts and let's face it it couldnt have been easy for Mario leading the line in a side that's was pi$$ing goals, creating very little and was regularly losing the midfield battle against teams of the ilk of Palace, West Ham, Newcastle and QPR.
A lot of the time as well he was nowhere near our worst performer on the day but he seemed to be the one being singled out when others like Gerrard and Lovren were often playing much, much worse.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on playing in a side that is not only confident but also has a lot of creative players to back him up, going on last nights little cameo he may yet come good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:06 pm

killerp » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:50 pm wrote:What antics? Apart from his occasional brainf*rt off the field he seems very subdued.

He tweets to the world his little Mario joke with the last line "...Collect gold coins like a Jew". That's more than a silly brainfart IMO with all the unnecessary media attention that follows that type of stupidity.

Send that to your friends in a private msg ok, but not as a representative of our football club.[/quote]

Balo has received plenty of racist abuse in his time. I doubt the things he tweeted or posted were made with the same hateful intent with which he's received abuse. Nor do I think he thought he was speaking for Liverpool FC. That said, it's a sad fact of life today that what others percieve weighs much more than the intent behind words. I still believe Mario did a great big brainfart as opposed to anything sinister. Maybe I'm wrong. Only Mario knows what he intended, but the world said it was racist, so racist it be.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby killerp » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:07 am

Balo has received plenty of racist abuse in his time. I doubt the things he tweeted or posted were made with the same hateful intent with which he's received abuse. Nor do I think he thought he was speaking for Liverpool FC. That said, it's a sad fact of life today that what others percieve weighs much more than the intent behind words. I still believe Mario did a great big brainfart as opposed to anything sinister. Maybe I'm wrong. Only Mario knows what he intended, but the world said it was racist, so racist it be.[/quote]

Racist or not i'd make it simple with Mario, do that again and Parma is your next destination as a footballer.
killerp

Postby alxy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:39 pm

alxy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:07 am wrote:But what was up with his behaviour after the goal and after the game? He didn't look like a guy who just scored his first Premier League goal for the club after like ages. And after the final whistle, when everyone was celebrating and doing the obligatory post game handshakes, he just quickly disappeared down the tunnel. Hope that is just Mario being Mario and not a sign of petulance or attitude. With Sturridge back, I think we can get the best out of Balotelli playing off him

Shock horrors! Mario smiled last night! Could he actually be....happy?  :D
alxy

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Good week for our Italian enigma !! Well done Mario. Keep it up. The next few weeks aren't going to be easy without Gerrard and Lucas.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:27 am

Oh yeah, and btw, did you know that Balotellis 4 goals for us were scored in..

82nd min
83rd min
85th min
86th min
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:43 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:27 am wrote:Image

Oh yeah, and btw, did you know that Balotellis 4 goals for us were scored in..

82nd min
83rd min
85th min
86th min

Ok so we expect him to score next in 81st min, 84th min and 87th min. It would be good if he starts the scoring with Southampton...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:56 pm

He's an odd one for sure but it doesn't mean he's against us. As long as he scores goals and justifies his wage then fair enough, what he did with the penno was a cry for attention really.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 pm

According to Brendan, Mario was in the right yesterday. Henderson was picked as a penalty taker before the match but only because Gerrard, Balo and Rickie weren't on the pitch. When either of those 3 is on it's them that should take the pen (in that order I believe). Henderson and Sturridge made a f*cking mess out of this yesterday. Sturridge was a right kunt but it's Hendo as captain that should have dealt with the situation better.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:03 pm

killerp » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:07 am wrote:Balo has received plenty of racist abuse in his time. I doubt the things he tweeted or posted were made with the same hateful intent with which he's received abuse. Nor do I think he thought he was speaking for Liverpool FC. That said, it's a sad fact of life today that what others percieve weighs much more than the intent behind words. I still believe Mario did a great big brainfart as opposed to anything sinister. Maybe I'm wrong. Only Mario knows what he intended, but the world said it was racist, so racist it be.

Racist or not i'd make it simple with Mario, do that again and Parma is your next destination as a footballer.[/quote]

Sorry for the later than late reply...

Look if that makes you feel better...that exact Instagram post have been making rounds in social sphere for few weeks before Mario even posted his. I saw them being retweeted over at Tweeter as well as  on Facebook and  I remembered I just smile about it and  behold when  it's Mario and he talks about Jew, it becomes a national news? Not sure if he understood the deeper meaning of that post but thought it was just funny as the subject was about Mario. Then again it's Balo so let's make it some news for a couple of weeks and fans can bash him fwiw eh? Maybe I'm not a Jew so that allows me to take a neutral look at what it is. I won't condone a racist much like that shitty club Chelski and I doubt Mario's intention was bad in any way. ffs he's been the victim who got racially abused for years and years but then again it is also a lesson he will need to learn in an uptight society we're living in now.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:05 pm

damjan193 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:According to Brendan, Mario was in the right yesterday. Henderson was picked as a penalty taker before the match but only because Gerrard, Balo and Rickie weren't on the pitch. When either of those 3 is on it's them that should take the pen (in that order I believe). Henderson and Sturridge made a f*cking mess out of this yesterday. Sturridge was a right kunt but it's Hendo as captain that should have dealt with the situation better.

That's my thoughts as well. Would like to see the reaction of Sturridge...saw a link earlier today but couldn't find it now  :oh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:34 am

Rodgers has torn into him publicly again with further criticism of his work rate.

Clear ploy to try and force him out in the summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:07 am

The antics over the penalty were comical. Hendo was s.hit scared of Balotelli and it reminded me of when I was a kid playing footy in the street or Sefton Park when a penalty was given and the lad who owned the ball saying "It's my ball so am taking the penalty and if there was a disagreement over it the lad who owned the ball got either a fat lip or he went home with the ball and everybody were fooled. I would of loved him trying that on when Carra was captain!!!
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion