Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:16 am

Red Focus » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:43 am wrote:I remember when Kenny was manager, Suarez wasn't very clinical in his finishing but under Brendan he became too good for any defence or goalkeeper. I hope that was due to Brendan's tutelage and not Suarez reaching his prime when Brendan happened to be the gaffer. If Brendan had played a huge part in developing Suarez, I hope he can do the same with Balo. In the Ludogorets match, Balo had a few half chances prior to his goal which Suarez would have easily put to the back of the net.

I agree with you about the fact that Suarez's goal return improved massively for us under Rodgers.
However I dont remember the half chances Balotelli missed ?
There was the one near the end that he drilled that the keeper pushed out, other than that cant recall anything of note.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:46 am

Seems Mario has had a new hair do for the Everton match, here's a few snaps he posted

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:46 am wrote:Seems Mario has had a new hair do for the Everton match, here's a few snaps he posted

"heart warming" always happy to see a player so involved in pre-match preparations...This lad just isn't my cup of anything...So self obsessed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 pm

only me » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:46 am wrote:Seems Mario has had a new hair do for the Everton match, here's a few snaps he posted

"heart warming" always happy to see a player so involved in pre-match preparations...This lad just isn't my cup of anything...So self obsessed.

Corse its pre-match  preparations havent you heard of hairo-dynamics to make you run faster?
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:20 pm

He needs to cop the fook on...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 pm

The bottom line is that his ceiling is much lower than a lot of people seem to think it is. I just don’t get the title of “potentially world class”. He is a decent Premiership striker but his pressing is lacking intelligence, his movement is poor, his work rate is on and off and his pace is average. Decent player who is worth the fee we paid and will do well alongside Sturridge but he’ll never reach the heady height people expect him to.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:23 am

He is a better player and much more entertaining than Lukaku put it that way and nearly £10m cheaper.

Balotelli may never be the player everyone hoped but in fairness he does seem to be making more of an effort for us than
he has anywhere else and is trying to fit in at Liverpool.

He will never be at Suarez level but may yet be another Sturridge and that would be good enough for £16m.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:09 am

stay on the floor much too long and much too often,
not clinical enough
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 am

Octsky » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:09 am wrote:stay on the floor much too long and much too often,
not clinical enough

I don't like the way he's always falling to the ground neither... He's a big guy, he should be using his strength to bull doze his way through and causing all sorts of problems...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Pig Catcher » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:35 pm wrote:The bottom line is that his ceiling is much lower than a lot of people seem to think it is. I just don’t get the title of “potentially world class”. He is a decent Premiership striker but his pressing is lacking intelligence, his movement is poor, his work rate is on and off and his pace is average. Decent player who is worth the fee we paid and will do well alongside Sturridge but he’ll never reach the heady height people expect him to.

Agree with much of that. I do however believe that there's loads of potential there but I'm beginning to think it'll never be fully realised.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Balotelli had more shots than the entire Everton team ,he could have secured a vital victory but his shot hit the bar ,when Sturridge returns he will have someone
alongside him on the same wavelength ...On any other day that half volley would have struck the underside of the bar and dropped over the line ,right now its safe
to say Sterling is struggling with bringing him into the game ,Sturridge will do precisely the opposite and supply that killer ball and provide and understanding that
will only grow stronger with time. Right now its enough to see the lad working hard to close down the ball ,and getting into those positions to score.

Balotelli was one of our best players yesterday ,his control and passing is getting better with every game and its only a matter of time before we're all singing "Mario Fantastico ,Mario Magnifico"
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:55 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:?..its only a matter of time before we're all singing "Mario Fantastico ,Mario Magnifico"

Not so fast mate... Mario's ego needs deflation before he is accepted ... That or he actually starts scoring goals to match his haircut and fancy lifestyle!
killerp

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:12 pm

killerp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:?..its only a matter of time before we're all singing "Mario Fantastico ,Mario Magnifico"

Not so fast mate... Mario's ego needs deflation before he is accepted ... That or he actually starts scoring goals to match his haircut and fancy lifestyle!

He's been accepted already fella ,the lad received acknowledgement from the Kop for his display yesterday...There exists no finer yard stick for 'acceptance '
than the kop applauding your commitment . Personally I couldn't care a jot about his antics off the pitch as long as he works for the shirt ,and he done that
yesterday to the point of tracking back runners to help out his defence ....I have no qualms concerning his ability ,and his partnership with Sturridge when he
returns could become potent ,the goals will come mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Do you think he can play upfront on his own though? Personally I think he's very much a 442 player
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

The idiotic BBC commentator said something like "Balotelli looks at Howard as if to ask 'why did you save that', it is his job Mario".

He was simply claiming a corner which it was. Sly unwarranted digs aplenty imo.
sniffy98

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion