Welcome and good luck...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby pete_bhoy » Tue May 24, 2005 1:15 pm

Just popped in to say Good luck tomorrow night from a lifelong tic fan and part time pool man.

First had a soft spot for the reds when i came down for a Uefa cup many years ago in the return leg of the game that Macca scored that wondergoal. These two games make up one of my erliest memories of going to football as a young lad and i fondly look back on this game at anfield aswell as the Moran Testimonial a few years later.

The unique thing about both our clubs is that we are more than 11 men running about on the pitch, we have a great culture surrounding us which is something the Chelsea's and Arsenal's cant say about themselves with much conviction.

A more controversial point i have to make is yes we did steal your song but we do it better.

YNWA
pete_bhoy

Postby taff » Tue May 24, 2005 1:19 pm

Stole the song your right

Do it better sorry your wrong

Thanks for the sentiment mind you  :)

p.s. Fields of Anfield Road nuff said
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue May 24, 2005 1:24 pm

cheers for the good luck wish and taff was right, no one sings it better than us.

and sorry to hear about rangers :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 24, 2005 1:25 pm

pete_bhoy wrote:A more controversial point i have to make is yes we did steal your song but we do it better.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann....33;.wmv
Last edited by stmichael on Tue May 24, 2005 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby welsh_kopite » Tue May 24, 2005 8:25 pm

id hav to concur wiv taff :) we bin walkin thru a long storm since glory days of 80's, wiv few bright patches in between.hopefully hav a bit of sunshine 2mrw as well :) bluer skies ahead !!!!!!! :D
welsh_kopite

Postby pete_bhoy » Tue May 24, 2005 9:21 pm

sorry i dont have any fancy wee links for ya but see us v Barca in Uefa cup on the day of Madrid bombings. That would bring a tear to a glass eye.
pete_bhoy

Postby 76-1115222408 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:27 pm

stmichael wrote:
pete_bhoy wrote:A more controversial point i have to make is yes we did steal your song but we do it better.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann....33;.wmv

thks for tht link St Michael, forgot bout that link, saved it now.
That sent a serious shiver down my back.

C'mon lads

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby pete_bhoy » Tue May 24, 2005 9:30 pm

if you think thats a good YNWA get yerself up here next champions league home game at parkhead, how out of time and slow are the fans :p  and the DJ :censored:sake he'ed be sacked if he was in glasgow, ya have to cut the music off early to get the whole effect of the fans voices. Shesh
pete_bhoy

Postby Dalglish » Wed May 25, 2005 12:26 am

The lad's got a point .... can't someone have a word with George and tell him to fade the PA  a bit earlier ???

This argument about who sings it best is however largely irrelevant when your actually there singing it heart bursting with pride for your club. Personally the VERY best rendition I've ever experienced was the 2001 UEFA Cup final in Dortmund but I expvct that to be bettered tomorrow night whether we win or not.

Decent comment about the uniqueness of our respective clubs as well Pete. its more than a football game , a result or a placing in the table, its in the blood and of the heart and yours happens to bleed green , mine RED ...

Walk on Bhoy YNWA :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Wed May 25, 2005 5:16 am

Walk on.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby pete_bhoy » Wed May 25, 2005 4:23 pm

Dalglish wrote:The lad's got a point .... can't someone have a word with George and tell him to fade the PA  a bit earlier ???

This argument about who sings it best is however largely irrelevant when your actually there singing it heart bursting with pride for your club. Personally the VERY best rendition I've ever experienced was the 2001 UEFA Cup final in Dortmund but I expvct that to be bettered tomorrow night whether we win or not.

Decent comment about the uniqueness of our respective clubs as well Pete. its more than a football game , a result or a placing in the table, its in the blood and of the heart and yours happens to bleed green , mine RED ...

Walk on Bhoy YNWA :)

Thats the spirit. The best rendition is most likley when we come together to play eachother but to be honest on a night like this its a trivial question.

Got my old Liverpool scarf out and will cheer every pass made tonight. I really think liverpool can do it tonight and if Celtic who now under the wing of Strachen  :help  can have them on the ropes till 89mins then i belive this Pool side can go all the way!

Tiocfaidh Ar La

YNWA
pete_bhoy

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion