6                Offsides                           4
       0            Yellow Cards                         0
       0              Red Cards                           0
      64%            Possession                        36%

These are games we really must win.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:24 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I think it was you Daglish that posted a thread lately about great moments at Anfield, and you said Alan Thompson's goal for Bolton a few years ago was the best opposition goal at Anfield.

Would you say Edman's goal tops that?

Well All I can say JBG is that the KOP didn't applaud Edman's so either we have got meaner as a block of supporters or a few thought Dudek should have got something on it  ???

It was such a strike from nowhereI think we all thought Dudek had made a mistake but having seen it on TV he's hit it sweet as a nut and it's fair pinged into teyh top corner with severe swerve along the way !

You know me , I like a bit of nostalgia so i would say Thompson's was better  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:26 am

To be honest I think everyone was in shock after Edmans goal went in! :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:27 am

Maybe I've heard this wrong, but someone said to me this evening that that was Edman's first ever goal for any senior team!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:29 am

It was , they all break their duck against us ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:31 am

I was happy with the performance , but not the rtesult obviosuly, very wasteful in front of goal.

Alonso put in a ten out of ten perofrmance in midfield, and I was also impressed with Nunes, probaly his best game in a red shirt, he got s lot of menacing balls into the box.

Had enough chances to finish off the game, and didn't take them, only have ourselves to blame.

Still think we can get 4th though. If Manure beat Everton which they should then we are only 3pts behind Everton and 1 behind Bolton with a superior GD to both. If we can play like we did against spurs for the rest of the season and be clinical in front of goal, then I am confident we can get 4th, if not we will win the Champions League anyway!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:26 am

i won't be blaming the team for the draw against Spurs considering the decent performance they've put in.though,there's ONE player u can really blame considering he's the ONE who cost us all 3 points.Who else ??the ONE who's been saying "i want to be at a club winning things".

STEVEN GERRARD.

anyways,he had apologised to the fans n his team-mates n said he's responsible for the loss of the 3 points for tat bizzare penalty missed.

hopefully,we can put up the decent performance against the remaining fixtures.

but i doubt Everton n Bolton will slip up points.they'll be motivated seeing how we stand in the league table.ARGH !!
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:26 pm

siti_zaiton1982 wrote:i won't be blaming the team for the draw against Spurs considering the decent performance they've put in.though,there's ONE player u can really blame considering he's the ONE who cost us all 3 points.Who else ??the ONE who's been saying "i want to be at a club winning things".

STEVEN GERRARD.

anyways,he had apologised to the fans n his team-mates n said he's responsible for the loss of the 3 points for tat bizzare penalty missed.

hopefully,we can put up the decent performance against the remaining fixtures.

but i doubt Everton n Bolton will slip up points.they'll be motivated seeing how we stand in the league table.ARGH !!

Catch yourself on!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion