Liverpool vs spurs

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:37 pm

Santa wrote:
KARMANI wrote:If Everton win their next game 4th spot is theirs for the taking.

We're running out of time and i can't see Liverpool getting back a 7 point lead should Everton win.

I remained optimistic but I think we left it too late to catch up. We have chances to overhaul the BS but lost to City and todays result means it's CL win or burst!

I agree.

We have had so many chances it is unbeliveable. Everton and Bolton have some diffucult fixtures left, but I am just not that confiedent that we can put away the so called lesser teams.

If we end up 5th and don't win the Champions League, it will put a huge dent in Rafa rebuilding plans.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:48 pm

I dont even want to talk about it, its like we are not meant to get 4th place but our names on the european cup ??? , and what p.isses me off the most is teams like Bolton and the BS are above us, when the 2 of them have no class what so ever and wont even get past the qualifiers in the champions league.
sad pair of b@stards f@cking sh.ite im p.issed off, but we played great today, and the prem should watch out for us next season cause we are gona be on fu.cking fire :devil:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:56 pm

imagine either of the get knocked out in CL qualifier by unknown team from Eastern Europe...what an experience it must be for them, and what a disgrace it must be for Premiership. arrrrgh, bugger off with that thought...might as well for us to win the CL and put an end to all these bullsh*t!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:10 pm

i just dun understand wat the fu$k the formation is? 3-4-3? 3 centerbacks has nv been a cup of tea for liverpool in EPL... carra, hyypia ,pelle are too slow to be able to play that kind of formation, and the midfield , gerrard and alonso din realli return back to defend as quickly... have pelle not play, traore play.. i realli dun think they will score the second..
the first goal is stupid! , i looks great but just look at dudek's positioning, very poor, i think , no matter if the ball is going out or goal bound, the keeper should at least try to save... but in dudek's case, he thinks the ball is goin out, thus he "forgotten " to save it... dun tell mi he doesn't sees the ball..from such a long way out.. i dun think so.. pure laziness...
just now, i tot that there is a scene where riise din pass to garcia and he start scolding Fu@k Off to garcia, is this a sign of quarrels?
for gerrard's penalty, all i have to say is that he did not concentrate while taking the kick...and blast!
4th, with 5 games... i think it will be very very difficult.. if everton perform the way they usually perform.. but there will always be a HOPE..
Alonso Rulz...:D
Alonso_Rulz

Postby SpursFan » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:29 pm

Hi guys.

It's ok im not some loser that posts on other teams boards trying to wind them up.

Im from a site called www.spurscommunity.co.uk, just wanted too say well played today, we always look forward to playing you guys up north, and when we do it's always a real cracker of a game.

You guys played well today, and if im honest were unlucky not to get the win, but were pretty strong defensively nowadays.

You've got an ace player in Xabi Alonso, and obviously Gerrard too, I hope they can get you past Chelsea and that you go on to win the champions league. Hopefully you'll find a way past Everton, and they wont even get a UEFA cup place (unlikely i know) heres hoping that Bolton drop down aswell, two naff teams both looking at Europe, bleugh!

Anyway well played lads, cracker of a game.

feel free to visit our message board.

SF.
SpursFan

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:31 pm

League situation is bloody awful now

4th will be a bonus now, but Bolton and Everton are still likely to drop a fair few points so you never know.  Nothing would surprise me after the way this season has gone for us.

We now have more chance of winning the champ league than getting 4th i reckon
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:37 pm

i jus understand why the heck is pelle playing when hyppia and carra is enough, play the damn 442 formation which works way better than 343 or 451
onizukaeikichi

Postby vvs » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:44 pm

joependo wrote:e r m8  ART Sport 4

Canal+ D/F/N/S

Sport TV

TPS Star

RTE2

Galaxie Sport

Digi Alb 5

Premiere Sport 2

Supersport 2

NTV Turkey

NTV+ Football

Sky Sport 1 (Italia)

thanx mate, and the site u mentioned is also useful. thanx agen.
vvs

Postby gizmo12 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:44 pm

Alonso_Rulz wrote:the first goal is stupid! , i looks great but just look at dudek's positioning, very poor, i think , no matter if the ball is going out or goal bound, the keeper should at least try to save... but in dudek's case, he thinks the ball is goin out, thus he "forgotten " to save it... dun tell mi he doesn't sees the ball..from such a long way out.. i dun think so.. pure laziness...

Dudek had no chance on that goal.  It was a fantastic shot(lucky too) and no keeper in  the world would've saved that.
gizmo12

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:47 pm

at least , attempt to save that.. rather than just stand there and look at it go in.
Alonso_Rulz

Postby A.B. » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:49 pm

The formation and the tactics was not the reason we didn't win, had we won none of you would be complaining about it. Despite the fact that we conceded two goals, we had enough chances to score and win the game.

The passing was there but the finishing disapeared.

Thats the beauty and the uglyness of football.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:55 pm

Alonso_Rulz wrote:at least , attempt to save that.. rather than just stand there and look at it go in.

If you play football (or any other sports for that matter), sometime you just know the flight of the ball will beat you no matter what you do. The first was a freak goal. Nothing Dudek could do about. The second could be avoided if Pelle do what he is paid to do...defend! and Carra caught the ball that send Dudek the wrong direction.

Coming from behind twice, missed a penalty, hit the post in the final minute and blast over from 6 yards in the injury time...we are just not destine for a win today.
Last edited by Santa on Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:37 pm

SpursFan wrote:Hi guys.

It's ok im not some loser that posts on other teams boards trying to wind them up.

Im from a site called www.spurscommunity.co.uk, just wanted too say well played today, we always look forward to playing you guys up north, and when we do it's always a real cracker of a game.

You guys played well today, and if im honest were unlucky not to get the win, but were pretty strong defensively nowadays.

You've got an ace player in Xabi Alonso, and obviously Gerrard too, I hope they can get you past Chelsea and that you go on to win the champions league. Hopefully you'll find a way past Everton, and they wont even get a UEFA cup place (unlikely i know) heres hoping that Bolton drop down aswell, two naff teams both looking at Europe, bleugh!

Anyway well played lads, cracker of a game.

feel free to visit our message board.

SF.

Cheers fella :cool:

I've been quite surprised at how much good will we seem to be getting from other english sides when it comes to the CL.

Loads of my mates are manure fans and every one I've spoken to has said they really would like us to win it

Very bizarre :oh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:05 am

71% possession and 17 Shots tells it's own story and this was the best taht LFC have played this season after a European tie. Ok , it's disappointing not to take the 3pts but the performance and work rate was very good and I for one won't be venting my spleen on the team today after a decent performance aginsta  decent Spurs side.....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:53 am

I think it was you Daglish that posted a thread lately about great moments at Anfield, and you said Alan Thompson's goal for Bolton a few years ago was the best opposition goal at Anfield.

Would you say Edman's goal tops that?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion