Liverpool - number one team in uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:23 pm

As has already bee said i expect most players do know this table exsists as it hlpes decide seedings for future cl tournaments so i expect quiet a lot of clubs want to have their co efficent as high as they can to ensure they get favourable draws . so its not really that meaningless is it and quite important when it comes to the cl .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 pm

GYBS wrote:
bigmick wrote:
peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:most of my annoyance was aimed at peewee not yourself mick

again weaseling out, if it was aimed at me why quote mick and abuse his post

Was gonna say, fecking hell you could've fooled me. Two minutes ago you were postint to me that you would have been happy to let it drop (with me) and telling me I was posting sanctimonious cr@p  :D (not that I wasn't or anything, it'sjust hard for to get my head round it not being at me when you quoted me).

Anyhow forget it, it doesn't matter. It's great that we're top of the ranking thing. No argument about it.

cause you kept going on and on and on and on and on and on and aon with the same old over and over and over again .

:D Listen, I'm off to me scratcher now. If you do get chance to read the thread again, I'm absolutely certain, 100% sure, that you would possibly think that just perhaps, you called it wrong as far as i'm concerned anyway. If you can't be ersed, take my word for it, I didn't go on and on about anything. I barely posted in the fecking thread before I wasn't a real fan and I was ruining it.

If you don't want to read it again (and in fairness I don't blame you there) and you don't want to take my word for it cool. It doesn't matter anyway, i must go to bed.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:24 pm

dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:to be fair sabes I dont think a player will make a judgement about joining us based on this table, I doubt most players even know it exists. I think they will make a judgement based on salary, manager, city, team mates and the chance of winning something

But we read it, it's just a happy story ffs so stop moaning and just enjoy something for once in your life!!!

No ones saying that footballers are looking at that and saying "my, Liverpool are atualyl good, lets play for them"

Its just some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe i should have quoted sabres post where he does indeed say this
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I have read it Mick and suggest you also read it as well and re read my first reply to you and see where i attacked you or suggested you werent a real fan , its only when you kept going on about it all then it annoyed me cause not everyone post against something is a post against you mick . not every merge is a merge against you .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Effes wrote:
Effes wrote::laugh:  Unbelieveable - if anyone wants a snippet that represents the latest spats on this forum
they just need to read through this thread.

All Im saying with regard to this is - some people are more critical, some more positive (not sure what the opposite of critical is).
At the end of the day - people should analys the content of a post rather than the angle it comes from.

Back on topic:-

This co-efficient thing has run for a few years and is used by UEFA when seedings are appraised.
I think it's great to be top - while we aren't current Champions, it is something that shows quantitavely how
we have progressed into a team that is now considered a force in Europe.

I will agree, no ranking system is required anyway for that; we all know Man U, Barca, Milan etc are forces
in Europe anyway.
However - if any ranking table is compiled, it's great to see us at the top.

Just a side note - One thing which is totally undisputable is that Rafa is a master in Europe.
As for the debate of progress under Rafa goes - he has achieved the maximum in Europe (in his reign so far).

Let's just hope we see off Real as we expect, and march on to a hat-trick in Rome.

Im just quoting, to re-iterate what I said.

It's all Im saying on it - if you all want to argue, fine.

Let's get back on topic.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

GYBS wrote:I have read it Mick and suggest you also read it as well and re read my first reply to you and see where i attacked you or suggested you werent a real fan , its only when you kept going on about it all then it annoyed me cause not everyone post against something is a post against you mick . not every merge is a merge against you .

did mick say it was you who questioned whether he was a fan or not?  he didnt
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Being top of that list does make us look attractive to players as it shows how bloody good we have been  in europe .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Effes wrote:
Effes wrote:
Effes wrote::laugh:  Unbelieveable - if anyone wants a snippet that represents the latest spats on this forum

All Im saying with regard to this is - some people are more critical, some more positive (not sure what the opposite of critical is).
At the end of the day - people should analys the content of a post rather than the angle it comes from.

This co-efficient thing has run for a few years and is used by UEFA when seedings are appraised.
I think it's great to be top - while we aren't current Champions, it is something that shows quantitavely how

I will agree, no ranking system is required anyway for that; we all know Man U, Barca, Milan etc are forces
in Europe anyway.

Just a side note - One thing which is totally undisputable is that Rafa is a master in Europe.
As for the debate of progress under Rafa goes - he has achieved the maximum in Europe (in his reign so far).

Let's just hope we see off Real as we expect, and march on to a hat-trick in Rome.

Im just quoting, to re-iterate what I said.

It's all Im saying on it - if you all want to argue, fine.

Let's get back on topic.

effes is arguing with himself now

:laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:28 pm

peewee wrote:
GYBS wrote:I have read it Mick and suggest you also read it as well and re read my first reply to you and see where i attacked you or suggested you werent a real fan , its only when you kept going on about it all then it annoyed me cause not everyone post against something is a post against you mick . not every merge is a merge against you .

can mick speak for himself or does he have his hand up your ar se like a puppet ?

drop the bone now .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Effes wrote: :laugh:  Unbelieveable - if anyone wants a snippet that represents the latest spats on this forum

in Europe anyway.

Thats a great post Effes and pretty much what people are trying to get across - yes it is just a table maybe not one that gives you a shiney little pot but in my eyes an important one for the club . and apologies for it getting ignored.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:tell you what mick - just give it a rest with your normal woe is me sanctimonious rubbish its getting boring now

Oh Ok then I will. Sorry about that mate. I'm totally out of order. What I'll do is, Ill nip out the back and see if I can't set up the rake at a perfect angle so that when I deliberately jump on it it administers an almighty smack into my b0ll0cks.

I feel like I've wandered into a bit of a parallel universe here. Is Jeremy Beadle on or something, is my cab here yet?

Why, what do you need a little hand with?  :devil:

Hey I missed that the first tiem Daws,  :D  :laugh: very good mate. straight over me head till I just read back over the thread. I did do absolutely feck all as well, in the unlikely event of anyone giving a feck   :cool:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 pm

GYBS wrote:Being top of that list does make us look attractive to players as it shows how bloody good we have been  in europe .

I think players would already know that, I doubt raul is sitting there and saying "who are this liverpool, I know I will look at the uefa rankings, wow they are top, they must be good, I wonder why I hadn't heard of them before and how i never knew how they perform in europe"

:laugh:  :kungfu:
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Effes wrote: :laugh:  Unbelieveable - if anyone wants a snippet that represents the latest spats on this forum

You're not wrong, mate.  This thread is a microcosm of the forum at the moment.  My two cents, FWIW, as someone's who's trying to stay more or less neutral:

1) GYBS posted up a straightforward news item with no commentary, no gloating and no attempt whatsoever to take the p!ss out of any "antis"

2) He then gets told he's getting too excited over meaningless stats, is gloating and is blowing one good night out of all proportion

3) This understandably gets his back up (and Dawson's as well) and they offer a bit of a push back with the "littleman" comment and the "true supporter" comment

4) This understandably gets Peewee and Big Mick a little peeved and it really starts to kick off

But, I would invite everyone to calm down, go take a breather and then come back and look at this thread more objectively.  Pay particular attention to the initial post and ask yourself, did it really warrant being jumped on ("means feck all"...) straight away and did it really call for the accusation that anyone was gloating, going overboard etc.?  I don't think so.  We've had lots of discussion of late pointing out just where things have gone wrong with our season but, speaking objectively, we've seen significantly less positive news about the club posted up.  Is it really so hard to grasp why some posters of a more 'happy clappy' persuasion might take umbrage at seeing a fairly innocuous piece of good news being sh!t on from a great height and dismissed as OTT gloating?  Sabre was given a lot of stick for criticizing and dismissing Owzat's post the other week but here we see the same thing from the other direction.  Surely it's a two way street? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:33 pm

GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:

can mick speak for himself or does he have his hand up your ar se like a puppet ?

drop the bone now .

just like dawson had to explain your littleman comment

:laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

You're not wrong, mate.  This thread is a microcosm of the forum at the moment.  My two cents, FWIW, as someone's who's trying to stay more or less neutral:

1) GYBS posted up a straightforward news item with no commentary, no gloating and no attempt whatsoever to take the p!ss out of any "antis"

2) He then gets told he's getting too excited over meaningless stats, is gloating and is blowing one good night out of all proportion

3) This understandably gets his back up (and Dawson's as well) and they offer a bit of a push back with the "littleman" comment and the "true supporter" comment

4) This understandably gets Peewee and Big Mick a little peeved and it really starts to kick off

But, I would invite everyone to calm down, go take a breather and then come back and look at this thread more objectively.  Pay particular attention to the initial post and ask yourself, did it really warrant being jumped on ("means feck all"...) straight away and did it really call for the accusation that anyone was gloating, going overboard etc.?  I don't think so.  We've had lots of discussion of late pointing out just where things have gone wrong with our season but, speaking objectively, we've seen significantly less positive news about the club posted up.  Is it really so hard to grasp why some posters of a more 'happy clappy' persuasion might take umbrage at seeing a fairly innocuous piece of good news being sh!t on from a great height and dismissed as OTT gloating?  Sabre was given a lot of stick for criticizing and dismissing Owzat's post the other week but here we see the same thing from the other direction.  Surely it's a two way street? ???

but what do you think about the table bob    :D
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion