Liverpool - number one team in uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 am

Liverpool back to number one in UEFA ranking

UEFA data puts Liverpool FC top of the European club rankings.
by Anfield Online | Thursday 26th February 2009

According to official UEFA rankings Liverpool FC are back in top position in the list of European Clubs after their fine start to the European campaign this season.

The UEFA coefficient data ranks teams based on results and standard of opposition in European competitions over 5 seasons. (or since Rafa arrived).

1 Liverpool FC (114.077)
2 Chelsea FC (110.077)
3 Barcelona (109.403)
4 AC Milan (109.306)
5 Arsenal (101.077)
6 Sevilla (100.403)
7 Man Utd (99.077)
8 Bayern Munich (93.664)
9 Lyon (90.576)
10 Inter Milan (87.306)

Liverpool also have the highest ranking for this present season with (18.1775 points) closely followed by Bayern Munich, who handed out a 5-0 demolition at Sporting Lisbon tonight.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:16 am

and this means what exactly, does it give us the premier league title, does it give us the champions league.

sorry mate but that means feck all
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:18 am

peewee wrote:and this means what exactly, does it give us the premier league title, does it give us the champions league.

That's the happy spirit!!!

He's just trying to show something positive in these times of woe. Shows the rest of Europe what we already know, that we are a force to be reckoned with.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:and this means what exactly, does it give us the premier league title, does it give us the champions league.

That's the happy spirit!!!

He's just trying to show something positive in these times of woe. Shows the rest of Europe what we already know, that we are a force to be reckoned with.

dude, what does mine say?

:D
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

I tell you what it does show - some positive news about us as a team . and the fact in 5 years since rafa arrived we have gone from being nowhere into one of the best team in the uefa cl - that my friend is called progress .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 am

It astonishes me when I hear people wanting Rafa out, especially when you look at stats like that. A lot of people have short memories and forget about the batterings at the hands of Strasbourg and Celta Vigo. We're one of the most feared teams in Europe and second in our own league yet that is not good enough for some. Shame on you people.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:25 am

NiftyNeil wrote:It astonishes me when I hear people wanting Rafa out, especially when you look at stats like that. A lot of people have short memories and forget about the batterings at the hands of Strasbourg and Celta Vigo. We're one of the most feared teams in Europe and second in our own league yet that is not good enough for some. Shame on you people.

Unfortunatley some people have a lot higher unrealistic expectations and when the team and manager do what people want or expect then they want even more and more - then when they do what is expected it isnt because they deserve it its because everyone else is sh ite at th moment .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 am

I will ask the question again as it seems to have been ignored. what exactly does this win us? Do you really think madrid will be quaking in their boots at the thought of us being top of some ranking, I mean I am sure they have heard of us already.

what progress does it show? like I said, does it win us the PL or the CL?

it means feck all at the end of the day and its a sign of a fan clutching at straws trying to big us up.

ffs what has become of us when fans gloat about such pointless things, I remember when we actually had things to glot about rather than some meaningless stats
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:29 am

That ranking means that due to the games played and won in Europe, due to reaching 2 finals and one semifinal in 4 years, Liverpool are the strongest team in Europe according to a ranking.

That ranking of course comes from Europe, you won't see any fúckwit at London acknowledging that Liverpool are the team that has represented best English football in Europe. They're not interested on acknowledging anything good.

Since that ranking says something positive about Liverpool it should be dismissed inmediatly, or we should bring quickly some negative detail about the league if we want to keep realistic.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:31 am

peewee wrote:I will ask the question again as it seems to have been ignored. what exactly does this win us? Do you really think madrid will be quaking in their boots at the thought of us being top of some ranking, I mean I am sure they have heard of us already.

it means feck all at the end of the day and its a sign of a fan clutching at straws trying to big us up.

ffs what has become of us when fans gloat about such pointless things, I remember when we actually had things to glot about rather than some meaningless stats

You on the blob or something mate?

It's something positive about Liverpool football Club, wheres the harm in that?

It doesn't win us anything, but I always thought positive press was a good thing...

Hardly pointless having european rankings showing us in a decent light, but I guess some people will moan no matter what the circumstances
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:33 am

dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:I will ask the question again as it seems to have been ignored. what exactly does this win us? Do you really think madrid will be quaking in their boots at the thought of us being top of some ranking, I mean I am sure they have heard of us already.

It doesn't win us anything, but I always thought positive press was a good thing...

Hardly pointless having european rankings showing us in a decent light, but I guess some people will moan no matter what the circumstances

are we the best team in europe?
112-1077774096

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:34 am

FFs give it a rest will you - wasnt gloating at anything was just posting a story - didnt say it won us anything did i - it was something positive about ouor club yet as per fecking usual people have to try and kill anything positive to do with our club cause lo and behold we cant have our club being so good can we .

And prgress does it show - well nice and simple for you littleman - the marks are given for results - yes results in the cl over the five years plus league positions over the 5 years - so yes there is no shiney trophy to grab but it is something positive in the fact that over the 5 years in europe we have been consistently one of the best teams in europe .

And all that has happened ever since Rafa arrived .

Now if you dont mind i would rather like to keep at least one positive thread on here about liverpool as some of us are actually trying to be positive without all hte negative doomsayers trying to drag every single fecking thing about the club down .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:36 am

peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I think we are the best team in the universe mate! If we played basketball I think we'd beat the globetrotters...
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:37 am

GYBS wrote:littleman

and the purpose of this is what? are you after a flame war? I don't recall criticising you in this thread, merely pointing out the stats are a waste of time.
112-1077774096

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:40 am

dawson99 wrote:
peewee wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I think we are the best team in the universe mate! If we played basketball I think we'd beat the globetrotters...

Ill have a tenner on that
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion