Liverpool - number one team in uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:23 pm

GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:and this means what exactly, does it give us the premier league title, does it give us the champions league.

sorry mate but that means feck all

I tell you what it does show - some positive news about us as a team . and the fact in 5 years since rafa arrived we have gone from being nowhere into one of the best team in the uefa cl - that my friend is called progress .

CONSISTENCY

From consistency comes CONFIDENCE, through that comes  success both in CL and at home.

WE ARE ON TRACK.  :pirate
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Well i think it is a great achievement to be top of this list, while it wont win us any trophies or give us any big days out etc, what it does show is that we are consistently performing against the best sides europe/the world has to offer.
Granted the group stages of the champions league isnt as difficult as it could be anymore, but again thats possibly because we have progressed so far.
We had a pretty tough time of things in the 90's when i was growing up without much success so i wasnt fortunate enough to be following LFC when we were the best team in europe and winning league titles so often.
But under Rafa we have developed into the most consistent side in europe over a 5 year period, well no matter whether you are a pro or an anti, that is a remarkable achievement.
When you consider you have the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, the two milans, united, chelsea, arsenal and Juve to compete with as well, puts it into context.
In the last 3 seasons we have now won away at Real Madrid, away at Inter Milan and away at Barcelona, its something that before Rafa we couldnt have even dreamed and to be fair it has given us all some of the best nights of our lives.

Yes we are all f'cked off about whats happened in the league, and what saint has said is spot on, we are a side that is set up better for europe as we are strong defensivley and wont give much away so over two legs thats fine, over 90 minutes in your average premiership game thats clearly not enough.
Thats Rafa's conundrum, if he has any money this summer bringing in the necessary creativity to move that extra hurdle in the league.
Whether he can do it is something that none of us are sure of but if our season ends with us finishing second, improving on our points total and possibly in another european final i dont think anyone could begrudge Rafa some leeway and maybe even a little praise.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Excellent post ace and think you got pretty much the gist of why i posted the story in the first place .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Fantastic... the disrespect shown to us by the likes of Real (beat us 3-0 said their presidente).. Meelan and the rest of the betting world. Stick that in yer pipes and smoke it :p where at the tope beacause of results.. and results make us the best force in Europe !!
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:01 pm

GYBS wrote:Excellent post ace and think you got pretty much the gist of why i posted the story in the first place .

The thing is, i dont disagree with what mick or peewee are saying, but i think when you have been on a poor run in the league and we can see the title looks to have slipped away for another season, we should be able to take some major satisfaction from the fact that in europe we are nearly always at the races.
This isnt the carling cup where we are playing poor sides, this is against the cream of europe and we are consistently the best.

Does that make up for struggling in the league (if you can call second struggling) ?
The answer to that for some is no, for others is....depends if we go and win the european cup, cos if we did then without a doubt despite league form it will have been a glorious season.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:09 pm

There is no doubt in my eyes if we win number 6 it will of been a fantastic season and i will be shocked if anyone will be disappointed with that . .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Reg wrote:
GYBS wrote:
peewee wrote:and this means what exactly, does it give us the premier league title, does it give us the champions league.

sorry mate but that means feck all

I tell you what it does show - some positive news about us as a team . and the fact in 5 years since rafa arrived we have gone from being nowhere into one of the best team in the uefa cl - that my friend is called progress .

CONSISTENCY

From consistency comes CONFIDENCE, through that comes  success both in CL and at home.

WE ARE ON TRACK.  :pirate

So now we are finally ready to take on the might of Stoke, Fulham and Wigan at home, alright!!  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:29 pm

I'm a bit confused why Chelsea are higher than Manure, the top spot is about right though  :buttrock  :buttrock  :D
heimdall

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm

becuase they have a better record over the last 5 years
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:33 pm

GYBS wrote:becuase they have a better record over the last 5 years

?? Didn't Manure win last year?
Oh do you mean Chelsea reaching and then getting knocked out in the semi's by us.  :wwww
heimdall

Postby Madmax » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:34 pm

GYBS wrote:There is no doubt in my eyes if we win number 6 it will of been a fantastic season and i will be shocked if anyone will be disappointed with that . .

Yeah to have to agree atleast it would compensate for not winning the premiership
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:39 pm

heimdall wrote:
GYBS wrote:becuase they have a better record over the last 5 years

?? Didn't Manure win last year?
Oh do you mean Chelsea reaching and then getting knocked out in the semi's by us.  :wwww

yes but overall record over 5 years chelseas is better .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:43 pm

GYBS wrote:Liverpool back to number one in UEFA ranking

"Its wonderful..... its marvellous..... its 3 - 3 in the European Cup Final".

Immortal words and bah gum how we deserve them!  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion