Liverpool-basque country conexion!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSOZALE » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:06 pm

I want to become connection between liverpool and pais Basque. I do not believe that it is a crime no?  I love liverpool and your people! You are an enviable liking! Excusme for my first message  as been somewhat abrupt for me!
ALONSOZALE

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:32 pm

Yer we love Xabi, and Madrid can feck off :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Irish_Red » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:05 pm

this is my first post on the website, for about  a year i have been viewing this page,,, my favourite writer is sabre,
but i must disagree with alot of peoples reaction to the basque man's suggestion that alonso is basque and not spanish, it is a simple fact to me, that xabi is basque.......
the man did not commit a crime by saying this.... i would be very :censored: off if an american called damien duff or roy keane british, they r irish  so i can see where the basque man is coming from....maybe when british people experience foreign oppressors in their country you guys will realise how hurtful it is when people suggest your pride and joy belongs to another country.......
xabi alonso will never go to madrid , madrid is the capital of spain - no way. the only club i could ever see him going back to in spain is Soceided . and before anyone suggest i know nothing about liverpool fc  then dont bother cus i love the club just as much as the ppl living in liverpool city

dont worry thats my last political post ( just to re-assure ppl im not a mad irish man hating the brits - i actually really like british ppl becus irish and british have the same personalities!)
maidhc o reilly
Irish_Red

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:26 pm

this is my first post on the website, for about  a year i have been viewing this page,,, my favourite writer is sabre,

For some reason, you remind me an awful lot a poster of Real Sociedad forum ??? BTW, praise when it's not honest, it's an insult ;).

but i must disagree with alot of peoples reaction to the basque man's suggestion that alonso is basque and not spanish, it is a simple fact to me, that xabi is basque.......

You're missing the whole point here, people, wouldn't care. And for what is worth, Alonso's political profile has been moderate always. and by moderate I mean, he never said anything against the Spanish Squad, on the contrary he said it was an honour, and was proud to be there. He did exactly the same thing when he had to play with Euskadi (Basque selection) in winter.

What's the point of you lot trying always to draw a line and separate one side of the world of the other?
DOn't you just realise that there are lots of people like me that we wouldn't give a f*ck about that and have friends that are Spanish, and other friends that are Basques, and others that are proud of being both?

No, you must be ill obssessed drawing the line all the bloody day. And mind you, people mostly cares about football.

INdeed not, he didn't commit a crime by saying that. But, for that matter, the mates didn't commit a crime by saying they couldn't care less. SO don't take a different view as a personal insult, it's so common to see that with certain people. :p

I've been in Ireland too. I couldn't care less about politics, I just wanted to do new friends, learn a language, learn a culture, and if possible, kiss some girls. Many there wouldn't know what Basque country is so what's the point on insisting everybody which bloody part of the world you are from?, at the end of the day you have to say it's part of Spain, you like it or not. Sometimes you were asked specifically by some guys wether you were basque, and when happily I admitted that I am, the idiot would shout E.T.A!! E.T.A!! what was I supposed to do, grin? they kill people.

My point: We are tired of all that old political cráp. We care about football. We admit you have your own ideas, but please, do not insist the people, they'll call people the way they want. And Alonso will think what he wants, so do I.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:41 pm

sabre :bowdown
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 pm

I've never really understood the difference between basque people n spanish people....I know theyre all from spain i think but why is there such a rivalry??
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:56 pm

I've never really understood the difference between basque people n spanish people....I know theyre all from spain i think but why is there such a rivalry??

Fact: Since Spain has been Spain, and that's a few centuries, Basque country has been a part of Spain. Many of the ships that were sent to America were constructed here, if you see what I mean.

Fact: Specially since XIX an independentist movement arose in the Basque country, alonside other nationalist movements through out Europe. I must stress that I find super respectable one giy considering himself nationalist.

Fact: Thus nowadays, a portion of the basques about 10% tops, would want a complete independence of Spain. 40% would feel only Basque but with moderation, 40% Spanish and Basque and 10% would be ill obssesed Spanish.

Fact: A terrorist group would kill to fulfill the target of independence. That 10% of people would, let's say "understand" that ways. 90% won't

Fact: Spanish response to that threat was contundent. Many innocents have paid that ways, not always democratical (tortures for instance)

Rivalry? specially among the two 10%cnts. We are in more peaceful times now, though, which is nice. There are not killings lately. The 80% of us, like to talk about the beauty of San Sebastian, and the Skill of Alonso. The 20% though, insist on the old conflict.

That's my view, and I've tried to respect everybody. Hope this helps to see the picture, I don't mean to bore you.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:01 am

H_K_LFC wrote:I've never really understood the difference between basque people n spanish people....I know theyre all from spain i think but why is there such a rivalry??

it's the equivalent (broadly speaking) of somebody scottish or welsh wanting to be distanced from Britain and being seen as a separate country. as sabre says all this drawing lines business is a load of rubbish, where does it all end - does the guy from the other side of san sebastian consider himself different to sabre? does sabre consider himself different to the guy on the next street to him? it's all so pointless, we should revel in other people's cultures and ideas, not look for ways to differentiate ourselves from them
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:15 am

Thanks Sabre but i didnt understand most your post lol...understood wolly's tho..

Think a understand the difference now :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:19 am

Thanks Sabre but i didnt understand most your post lol...understood wolly's tho..

That's ok mate :) I didn't realise you don't have to know the Spanish History details, plus, my english is great *cough* but messy sometimes :D

Woolly's point, IS my point, he puts it perfectly.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Irish_Red » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:17 am

i know you live in spain but my grandmother is catalan so i spend every summer in 'spain ' and when i am up in basque country it feels like more than 10per cent of people feel strongly about Basque Independence ???  :glare:
i don't really care much about the history , yes i hate when people think the IRA and Ireland ( just like you and eta ) and to be honest lets forget the politics ! if i wanted a fight i would go to a debate ! i just want to talk about liverpool ,
maybe if xabi returns to ireland ( spent a few summers in ireland learning english ) he might find a nice irish girl , then Xabi's children will play for a 32 County ireland  ( including northern ireland ) that is my dream !
adios y muy bein , hasta leugo amigo ,

adeu bonne nit !
maidhc o reilly
Irish_Red

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:24 am

Looking forward to read your comments about LFC. Welcome to the forum, mate.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Irish_Red » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:33 am

gracies amigo
ayer me escribe para la primera vez
me creo muchos de opiniones aqui!! me- no sabe nada !!!
sabre - :bowdown
buenas noches
michael de irlanda
maidhc o reilly
Irish_Red

Postby Dundalk » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:36 am

Irish_Red wrote:maybe if xabi returns to ireland ( spent a few summers in ireland learning english ) he might find a nice irish girl , then Xabi's children will play for a 32 County ireland  ( including northern ireland ) that is my dream !

Isnt that a nice thought!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:39 am

Indeed.

A bit romantic though. Alonso could equallý spend a weekend in Dublin and , erm, seed a dozen of good looking Irish girls to spread his  football genetics equally. :D
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion