Club or country?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:38 am

stu_the_red wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Done millions of time before and you'll always get the same answer.

Any true red puts there club first.

What country are you from anyway Stu the Red?

Are you French or maybe German??Forgive me!!
The lack of humour in your posts makes me feel that you are very European!
Do you eat croissants for breakfast or bacon??
Tu a voudrais a grande maison???
Tu habite en Paris??
Have u seen the arc de triumph baby???

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Racism.

Wan.kerism??
66-1120597113

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:41 am

Club over Country anyday of the week!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:55 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Done millions of time before and you'll always get the same answer.

Any true red puts there club first.

What country are you from anyway Stu the Red?

Are you French or maybe German??Forgive me!!
The lack of humour in your posts makes me feel that you are very European!
Do you eat croissants for breakfast or bacon??
Tu a voudrais a grande maison???
Tu habite en Paris??
Have u seen the arc de triumph baby???

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Racism.

Wan.kerism??

Is right
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:01 pm

LFC for sure
ToTinho

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:15 pm

id prefer to see england win the world cup then liverpool win the premiership sorry  :(
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby primodua » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:22 pm

I'd say the club unless Nederlands wins the WC!

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:35 pm

Istanbul has been the pinnacle during my time as a fan, winning the world cup can't top that.  When I watch England play, I am just praying that Carra and stevie stay clear of injuries. 

The London press Chelski fascination with Fat Frank, Joey 'run around in circles' Cole and John Terry, carries through to the England team, I find it all slightly pathethic.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see England do well, but I gain more enjoyment watching Liverpool play
Jari's mullet

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:53 pm

Club...LFC...over country anytime, anyday.

My country does not have a hope in hell of qualifying for the World Cup. I have lived in England in 2 spells, 1975-77 as a kid during the time which I developed my love for Liverpool Football Club much to the bemusement of the local boys who supported the local team, Norwich City, and 1988-1993 and England is like a second country for me. I have a lot of affinity with England.

Even World Cup qualifiers do not stimulate much intertest, unless Liverpool players are expected to play starring roles, then I would tune in. I follow England all of the time but with not so much interest.

The World Cup, or any tournament of nations, is purely a spectacle for me, with no real attachment to any particular team. However, I tuen in to watch England every time just to see how Liverrpool players perform and root for them rather than England. Also, I tend to support teams who play attractive football or are the slight underdogs - in 2002, I followed England and Germany, for their grit and never-say-die attitude despite having an average team and also because of Didi Hamann. Brazil had real luck of drawing such easy opponents in 2002 and Ronaldinho apart, were nothing really special and I rooted for any team that faced them.

Even if I were English, I'd behave the same way in club vs country.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:24 pm

Liverpool always, :censored: england, stand and unite with mans and blue :censored:? cheer on Nevlle,fat frank etc..... no thank you!!!
I want spain to win the world cup, for xabi, luis, nando and pepe
Viva Espana!!!
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:25 pm

Jari's mullet wrote:Istanbul has been the pinnacle during my time as a fan, winning the world cup can't top that.  When I watch England play, I am just praying that Carra and stevie stay clear of injuries. 

The London press Chelski fascination with Fat Frank, Joey 'run around in circles' Cole and John Terry, carries through to the England team, I find it all slightly pathethic.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see England do well, but I gain more enjoyment watching Liverpool play

id go one further and say i think it would b best if they wernt in te england team!! Well carra int and thats criminal but it helps his fitness for us so im happy. I dont think he loses to much sleep over it either.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:08 pm

club every time.

england winning the world cup would be nothing compared to the pride i felt and still feel after istanbul
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:49 pm

LFC first always.

But I have to say I lurve the world cup. It's a great tournament. I've been brought up in a family (mum's side mainly) of Brazil supporters, fanatical about el ray Pele etc.. so I chose the other side :D But seriously I think you can't call it.

When the world cup is on clearly that's the focus of attention, there's a different aura about the tournament.

I wouldn't choose one or the other, I want Liverpool always to do well, but when the world cup is on I want me team to win that too, it's not like their gonna defeat Liverpool to win it ay :D so what's the problemo ppl
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:23 am

zarababe wrote:LFC first always.

But I have to say I lurve the world cup. It's a great tournament. I've been brought up in a family (mum's side mainly) of Brazil supporters, fanatical about el ray Pele etc.. so I chose the other side :D But seriously I think you can't call it.

When the world cup is on clearly that's the focus of attention, there's a different aura about the tournament.

I wouldn't choose one or the other, I want Liverpool always to do well, but when the world cup is on I want me team to win that too, it's not like their gonna defeat Liverpool to win it ay :D so what's the problemo ppl

Your right and wrong all at the same time  :D

Whislt the World cup is special and your right in that the country and our club won't ever compete for the same honours there is no stronger sporting tie you can have than that with your club.

Maybe it's because I've witnessed the worse kind of nationalistic support and it's always struck me as over the top and sadly muisguided that I feel this way but for me my love for Liverpool FC is unparralled.

Some of the greatest and worse moments in my sporting life have involved LFC from the lows of Hilsborough to the highs of Istanbul.

I've yet to find England take me to teh palces that LFc have ....I'll let you know if they do   

:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:58 am

I think it depends where you are from. The maority of people who post  frequently in this forum are Britts, and I understand what you are on about with club over country.

And for that matter, screw England :P

But I'm from Australia and we basically have no chance in winning the WC. But if we do, I prob have to admit that it will be at least on par, or perhaps even higher than watching Istanbul. Australia is very patriotic with its sports, and football being one we don't particularly excel in, the feeling of winning a WC would be huge. Just qualifying was fantastic (but Istanbul was better than that though)

I guess if we ever get there I might choose country of club, but I doubt that will ever happen so its the Red's for me until pigs fly and Australia wins the whole damn comp.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:43 am

Liverpool always. An All Blacks win is very important to me (cos we're rubbish at football). The All Blacks winning the World cup would be awesome, but it wouldn't compare to Istanbul.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion