Club or country?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:33 pm

Right I got this idea from another forum and it has turned into quite a heated debate.
There are a lot more scousers on that forum though, hence the fact that its heated.
On this forum there is a lot more world wide fans.
My question is whats more important Liverpool or your country in the World Cup.
I know we have a lot of Irish fans on here and its not the same that Ireland are not in the competition in Germany, but put that aside.
Whats more important your club or country?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:35 pm

Club. I rather see Liverpool win the Premiership than Croatia the World Cup. A Liverpool win/loss would effect me for weeks where as a Croatia win/loss really wouldn't do that much
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:41 pm

:censored:.ing LFC every time!! Every time!! Our country whether it be Northern Ireland,England ,Argentina or Brazil ?
I dont care there is no passion like the feeling i felt when LFC lifted big ears for the 5th time!
If my country won the world cup id die of a heart attack as they aint in it!!

Basically any supporter that picks country over club aint fit to say they love the club!!
CLUB EVERY TIME!!!
LFC FOREVER YNWA!! :bowdown
66-1120597113

Postby Kiwi-Kopite » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Country, it would be :censored: wonderfull to see New Zealand lift the football world cup. But that would never happen so club :D
Kiwi-Kopite

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:01 pm

Done millions of time before and you'll always get the same answer.

Any true red puts there club first.
115-1073096938

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:08 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Done millions of time before and you'll always get the same answer.

What country are you from anyway Stu the Red?

Are you French or maybe German??Forgive me!!
The lack of humour in your posts makes me feel that you are very European!
Do you eat croissants for breakfast or bacon??
Tu a voudrais a grande maison???
Tu habite en Paris??
Have u seen the arc de triumph baby???

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:15 pm

Scott said the other week in some topic that scousers prefer Liverpool to supporting England which is true BTW.
But you see being a scouser and getting called a robber since I was about 10, constant inuendo's of being a scruffy theiving b@stard.
That we live in  Liverpool slums, that we have to search for food in bins, we are a self pity city.
Maggie Thatcher made sure that Liverpool no longer exsisted on the map of of England.
Most people despise our accent, think we are all dole scroungers, we rob hub caps and cars.

Then our new Big P comes out on the pitch at an England game and gets booed, and weeks full of sh.it in the media, same as Heskey before him.
Heskey got a dogs life just because he was a Liverpool player, MO golden boy Sven said it was in his best interest that MO moved abroad look at him now after being a Gallatico at a sh.itty nomark club the toon army Ha dont make me feckin laugh.

Then we get them Cheatski b@stards tapping Gerrard up with the help of none other than Sven, poor Rafa had to fly out to Portugal to ask Stevie and Michael to stay just when he had joined Pathetic, when I think back it makes my blood boil.

My club have brought me so many highs and quite a few lows, Ive been heart broken and devastated through my club never thought I would ever be happy again.

I remember my parents coming back from European trips leavin me with my nan for 4 days whilst they went all over europe to watch the mighty reds, and waiting to see my presents they brought me back BTW I was always dissappointed because it was always a Liverpool thing :D

Think Ive gone on a bit long now, but what I want to say is England could never ever ever make me have feelings like I do for Liverpool football club and never will the joy Istanbul brought me was better than giving birth to my son :D Honestly that was the best night of my life.

My parent had lived through 4 of them before but even they said Istanbul topped them all, so England winning the world cup? Nar give me liverpool beating Everton any day of the week.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:48 am

easiest question in the world, club every time

ciggy i see what you're saying about media portrayal of the city of liverpool and how a lot of scousers feel perhaps a bit alienated by it all but i think we need to have some perspective here: the people who see liverpool as a city of dole scroungers and scruffs are the uneducated peasants from (usually) essex or some other sh!thole faceless part of england who have invariably never even been to liverpool in their lives. people who've had a bit of education (and by that i exclude an eton/harrow style education) and people who've actually been to liverpool for more than an afternoon at anfield or goodison know that all that is a load of old bollox based on watching bread & boys from the black stuff. sure liverpool ain't all f*ckin rosy from sefton to speke but where is?

i think most northern towns & cities will have a similar attitude after thatcher's decimation of mining/docking/manufacturing in the 80's so probably the north is more likely to put club before country i reckon.

the other factor is the size of the team you support, if you support a lower league side then perhaps england is your only way of winning major silverware?

anyway i'd rather see liverpool lift one league title than see england/wales/scotland win 10 world cups
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:53 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Scott said the other week in some topic that scousers prefer Liverpool to supporting England which is true BTW.
But you see being a scouser and getting called a robber since I was about 10, constant inuendo's of being a scruffy theiving b@stard.
That we live in  Liverpool slums, that we have to search for food in bins, we are a self pity city.
Maggie Thatcher made sure that Liverpool no longer exsisted on the map of of England.
Most people despise our accent, think we are all dole scroungers, we rob hub caps and cars.

Then our new Big P comes out on the pitch at an England game and gets booed, and weeks full of sh.it in the media, same as Heskey before him.
Heskey got a dogs life just because he was a Liverpool player, MO golden boy Sven said it was in his best interest that MO moved abroad look at him now after being a Gallatico at a sh.itty nomark club the toon army Ha dont make me feckin laugh.

Then we get them Cheatski b@stards tapping Gerrard up with the help of none other than Sven, poor Rafa had to fly out to Portugal to ask Stevie and Michael to stay just when he had joined Pathetic, when I think back it makes my blood boil.

My club have brought me so many highs and quite a few lows, Ive been heart broken and devastated through my club never thought I would ever be happy again.

I remember my parents coming back from European trips leavin me with my nan for 4 days whilst they went all over europe to watch the mighty reds, and waiting to see my presents they brought me back BTW I was always dissappointed because it was always a Liverpool thing :D

Think Ive gone on a bit long now, but what I want to say is England could never ever ever make me have feelings like I do for Liverpool football club and never will the joy Istanbul brought me was better than giving birth to my son :D Honestly that was the best night of my life.

My parent had lived through 4 of them before but even they said Istanbul topped them all, so England winning the world cup? Nar give me liverpool beating Everton any day of the week.

Everyone on here should read this and then maybe they will understand what this club means to us  :bowdown

I'd rather see Liverpool win a game of tiddlywinks than watch England win the World Cup.

I think theres a lot of patriotic nonsense shown when England play in a major tournament . Fortnight flag wavers I call them  :D

In all honesty I do like England doing well but its nowhere near as intense a feleing as following this great club. England are one of the also rans in world football whereas Liverpool Football Club stand above and beyond all other clubs in my opinion. :hearts
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:01 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Done millions of time before and you'll always get the same answer.

What country are you from anyway Stu the Red?

Are you French or maybe German??Forgive me!!
The lack of humour in your posts makes me feel that you are very European!
Do you eat croissants for breakfast or bacon??
Tu a voudrais a grande maison???
Tu habite en Paris??
Have u seen the arc de triumph baby???

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Racism.
115-1073096938

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:34 am

Club
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:03 am

Club, both Real Sociedad and Liverpool. It's true that Liverpool has won everything that it's winnable and worthy, UEFA, EPL, CL, and that I'm expecting the first Spanish victory in a WC eagerly (though I've assumed that we won't) but simply, the sensations that I have with the clubs are bigger than with the national squad. When we didn't win the league 3 years ago for a single point, I was depressed 3 weeks, first depression in why whole life, and the last one so far. When Liverpool won the CL last year I drunk alone in the bar below my house, and I'm not an dairy drinker.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red black white » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:11 am

I'm Brazilian and although it's nice to win the World Cup there's no way. I definetely prefer to see my team (São Paulo FC) being champion in any competition.

"They're big, they're strong", goes the São Paulo club anthem, and the words never seemed more appropriate[...]"FIFA.com
Red black white

Postby greenred » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:33 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Scott said the other week in some topic that scousers prefer Liverpool to supporting England which is true BTW.

Lyndsey has it sussed.Supporting this club is bigger than everything.Ive supported Ireland all over the world,ive cried when we`ve won and and ive cursed when we`ve lost.But nothing (repeat nothing) compares with Dudek saving that penalty against Shevkhenko.My Mam says she has`nt seen me crying since i was a kid,but she saw me crying that night.After thirty years she finally realised what Liverpool football club meant to me.I had my head in my hands,i couldnt even watch i was so emotional.My old Mam was a big Georgie Best fan and she always had a soft spot for the mancs.But even she managed to give me a hug and shed a tear for the greatest club in the world that night.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:34 am

me personally ,liverpool comes first, always has and always will
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion