Club or country?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:20 am

Apples and Oranges to me, i dont really see any comparsion
While i was wrapped with my country's recent qualification to WC it doesnt compare to high and lows of following LFC since 1977.
I certainly enjoy the WC but normally internationals are just annoying breaks which can injure a star  club player or bring about tabliod rumours of room mates trying to convince one of your players to join their club.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:56 am

stmichael wrote:club every time.

england winning the world cup would be nothing compared to the pride i felt and still feel after istanbul

I got two memos from my boss for wearing liverpool jersey to work for three straight days.

He's an AC Milan freak.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:14 am

Its a useless question because there's never any conflict. Club football is scheduled to work in tandem with the national game.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:52 am

Many people are talking about Istanbul. The thing I wish to point out is that was a special game (probably once in a lifetime). The fact that we were trailing 3-0 at half time made the feeling that much more incredible when we won. As incredible as it is, it may not have been that overwhelming an experience had we beaten a lesser team 1-0.

On the club or country that is a tough one. I follow LFC fanatically but I would love England to win the World Cup. I must say that I liked England a lot more before Sven and the Becky brigade.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:00 am

A.B. wrote:Club. I rather see Liverpool win the Premiership than Croatia the World Cup. A Liverpool win/loss would effect me for weeks where as a Croatia win/loss really wouldn't do that much

so you mean that you would prefer a club you have supported for only two years over the country that you were illegitimately conceived in.

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCNUTTER » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:10 pm

If you ask that question to any other league other than the prem you will find most of them will say England over club (they have to have something to believe in ) hence all the banners from lower division teams at all the England matches
LFCNUTTER

Postby drummerphil » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:19 pm

club every time....Liverpool fc apart from my kids are the single most important thing in my life and have been for over 30 years........England cant even compare.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:51 pm

Im gonna go with the club on this. Although its a nice collective experience to follow your country in international tournaments we experience watching Liverpool week in week out. And im always reding the papers, surfing fro news of my club. I dont think England wining the world cup will even eclipse the feeling of winning the Champions League.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:46 pm

kazza wrote:
A.B. wrote:Club. I rather see Liverpool win the Premiership than Croatia the World Cup. A Liverpool win/loss would effect me for weeks where as a Croatia win/loss really wouldn't do that much

so you mean that you would prefer a club you have supported for only two years over the country that you were illegitimately conceived in.

Unfair and out of order IMO.

Why are you always on AB's back kazza? I suspect you don't like overseas fans that much, forgive me if I'm mistaken.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:55 pm

like ive said in the other threads about this, its all about liverpool. i think it has something to do with my dislike of sven more than anything but i'll cheer on england of course, and any liverpool player (so pain my second team lol)

but its all about the 'pool
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:59 pm

Simple answer to the question really:

If your nation were to play Liverpool in a match (obviously Liverpool players wouldn't play for their country if it were invloved) then who would you support?

Anyone who wouldn't support Liverpool can never be a proper fan in my eyes, but I understand how it would be difficult for some to choose.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:24 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
kazza wrote:

Unfair and out of order IMO.

Why are you always on AB's back kazza? I suspect you don't like overseas fans that much, forgive me if I'm mistaken.

I am currently overseas so it is not that. AB is a punk that crossed the line and admittingly  brings out the worst in me. I never have had a run in with anyone else and there are others that I object too (especially the racist ones) but not enough to have a slagging match so it is not consistant with my personality.

Some things you cannot forget.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmist » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:40 pm

You've got to admit, aint it great sticking it up national teams like the Argies. Especially when they have  players like Sorin. Arrogant :censored: with :censored: hair.
REDMIST
redmist

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:32 pm

LFC #1 wrote:Simple answer to the question really:

If your nation were to play Liverpool in a match (obviously Liverpool players wouldn't play for their country if it were invloved) then who would you support?

Anyone who wouldn't support Liverpool can never be a proper fan in my eyes, but I understand how it would be difficult for some to choose.

Well if thats the case, it is Liverpool easy.

But as  I said, if Australia does anything monumental like the WC, I'd probably be more ecstatic then.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:02 am

Pardon me? When you get your head out of your ar$e then I might take you a bit more seriously.

I.e. the bullshit you've been saying:
"prefer a club you have supported for only two years"

"over the country that you were illegitimately conceived in"

You have me mistaken with somebody else. Just because you've been supporting LFC for 2 years and are a bastard, doesn't mean that I am as well. Keep deluding yourself though.

I am currently overseas so it is not that. AB is a punk that crossed the line and admittingly  brings out the worst in me. I never have had a run in with anyone else and there are others that I object too (especially the racist ones) but not enough to have a slagging match so it is not consistant with my personality.

I've never made any racist comments towards anyone on this forum. If theres anyone whose made deregotary comments towards my origion of birth, it has to be you.

And if I get ''the worst of you'' over an internet message board, then I imagine that it isn't hard to get under your skin real life. Now please go piss off and grow up, save your shit for someone else.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion