Lies & broken promises

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby teamleader1 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Well the truth is starting to come out Lynds , what rafa has been fighting against ever since the two :censored:'s took over . He's turned into an office manager rather than a football manager . No wonder we've gone backwards . Hey but those with the agaenda against him , and those that want to re-write history will not be @rsed anyway . The simple fact of the matter is , according to them Rafa has had £250 million to spend and he's failed to win us the league . It's as black and white as that , no extenuating circumstances , no backstabbing or agenda's from within the club . No it's all down to Rafa i'm afraid lynds . Well they have there way and we'll see what the future brings , wonder if the grass will be greener . Something tells me the heartache isn't over yet , but lets get our priorities right first and get rid of the one man who thought anything of the fans . Will be very interesting when the book comes out .

Was giving him a 5yr 16ml contract part of the back stabbing agenda?

There is no excuse for Rafas management, its all about Rafa not LFC!
Even now hes got the cheek to say HE will decide if hes going to stay at the club!!
ffs his feet wouldn't have touched months ago at any other club.
If he stays it wont matter who buys the club or how much they give him, we will still go backwards under him  :down:
teamleader1

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Reg wrote:Look I agree rafas made some well strange decisions, last season it was all rotation, this season his silly halfhour centred around substitutions however all of us - and I´m defo in that catigory find it difficult to perform when you´ve got a major issue pressurising you.

As I´ve said a few times, a manager doesnt go from 2nd place in the league and consistent success in europe to trash in 12 months. The players heads dont go down as they did this season whilst playing for a successful and popular manager without something else going on.

Anyway I´ve made my point, for me he deserves another season as long as he gets the transfer funds.

feck that, to waste even more  :no

This is the elephant in the room
All the money hes had and spent over the years and hes no nearer the league title.
Some would have us believe hes had his hands tied and only been able to buy dross. Then they point out Reina, Alonso and Torres were his buys so that cant be true.
I dont know how many players have come in and out since hes been here or how much hes spent. But I would guess that its a fair amount of both. Does that tells us hes too picky, or that he hasnt got a feckin clue or indeed has some plan as to what he wants team wise but cant afford it?
Or all three?

Surely every manager who has invested heavily breaking into the top 4, or trying to win the league is guilty of the same thing?

The combined EPL transfer turnover is fantastically high and it appears 99% of 'dubious' benefit.

Yes Rafa is guilty but you make him sound as though he´s the only one out that that ever bought a player that didnt work out or turned into a dud.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Reg wrote:Surely every manager who has invested heavily breaking into the top 4, or trying to win the league is guilty of the same thing?

The combined EPL transfer turnover is fantastically high and it appears 99% of 'dubious' benefit.

Yes Rafa is guilty but you make him sound as though he´s the only one out that that ever bought a player that didnt work out or turned into a dud.

I diont think anyone thinks every manager gets all of their signings right.

Rafa has signed some top top players, no question about that.

But the last 18 months his signings have been strange to the say the least.
If you could explain the Robbie Keane and Aquilani signings then that might help alot of us have more faith in giving him more money.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Its not my job to explain those 2 signings mate, only teh club can do that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Benitez demands answers over Reds future    Date: 03 May 2010

Manager Rafael Benitez has called on Liverpool officials to "answer a lot of questions" about the future direction of the club.
The Spaniard has a meeting scheduled with new chairman Martin Broughton this week in which he expects to be given detailed information about what plans are being put in place for next season and beyond.

"It (the meeting) is to talk about the future. Everyone is asking about my future but the future of the club is more important," said Benitez

"Still I do not know what is going on in the club. I don't know if we will have any investors so there are a lot of questions - not just, for me, one question.

"For me the club has to answer a lot of questions. We have to wait and see what is going on. The future is maybe tomorrow or maybe one week; at this moment it is something we don't know."

Benitez refused to clarify his future at the club after Sunday's 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea which ended their hopes of securing Champions League football for next season.

But he expressed his frustration at the campaign which appears to be going on around him concerning his future. He is unhappy about the way Juventus have publicly targeted him but also hinted there were maybe factors at work within Liverpool to try to force his hand.

"If I have a conversation with him (Broughton) we will try to keep it private," said Benitez in his now-familiar cryptic style.

"There are too many rumours in the press and I know some people are just trying to create a mess.

"To be fair we were trying to our best last week, signing (Charlton teenager) Jonjo Shelvey because still we have the same mentality - to improve the club and do the best for the club."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Reg wrote:Its not my job to explain those 2 signings mate, only teh club can do that.

i know its not reg.

what i'm saying is, given the fact two of his last 3 major signings have been totally bizarre, would you trust Rafa with more money ?

Those two signings have bothered me more than anything.
We were so close to the league last year and then sold a key player and with the money replaced him with someone that Rafa doesnt even play the majority of the time.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Mon May 03, 2010 5:21 pm

Reg wrote:Benitez demands answers over Reds future    Date: 03 May 2010

Manager Rafael Benitez has called on Liverpool officials to "answer a lot of questions" about the future direction of the club.
The Spaniard has a meeting scheduled with new chairman Martin Broughton this week in which he expects to be given detailed information about what plans are being put in place for next season and beyond.

"It (the meeting) is to talk about the future. Everyone is asking about my future but the future of the club is more important," said Benitez

"Still I do not know what is going on in the club. I don't know if we will have any investors so there are a lot of questions - not just, for me, one question.

"For me the club has to answer a lot of questions. We have to wait and see what is going on. The future is maybe tomorrow or maybe one week; at this moment it is something we don't know."

Benitez refused to clarify his future at the club after Sunday's 2-0 home defeat to Chelsea which ended their hopes of securing Champions League football for next season.

But he expressed his frustration at the campaign which appears to be going on around him concerning his future. He is unhappy about the way Juventus have publicly targeted him but also hinted there were maybe factors at work within Liverpool to try to force his hand.

"If I have a conversation with him (Broughton) we will try to keep it private," said Benitez in his now-familiar cryptic style.

"There are too many rumours in the press and I know some people are just trying to create a mess.

"To be fair we were trying to our best last week, signing (Charlton teenager) Jonjo Shelvey because still we have the same mentality - to improve the club and do the best for the club."

Sounds to me like Rafa wants to stay but wants to make sure there is investment on the way. I think if he has to work under the current owners for another year he will walk. I'm actually glad to read that. If he had already made his mind up to leave he wouldn't be talking about investors.
Last edited by tubby on Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 5:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Reg wrote:Benitez demands answers over Reds future    Date: 03 May 2010

Sounds to me like Rafa wants to stay but wants to make sure there is investment on the way. I think if he has to work under the current owners for another year he will walk. I'm actually glad to read that. If he had already made his mind up to leave he wouldn't be talking about investors.

His comments are designed to achieve one thing: to alert any new investotrs that they have to commit and provide transfer funds in the coming month if LFC are to compete in the summer transfer window, and to kick Purslow and Broughton up the behind to provide a kitty basis current resources in case new owners arent brought in in time.

Its a business message and pretty clear.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Maybe we should just be called Liverpool Club and not worry about how bad the managers got the players performing?
Rafas pi'ssed off?
Its a good job he didnt bump into me and my mates outside Anfield yesterday. He might have got really annoyed at what we were saying about him...

Ditto!

Listening to some on here you would think we were watching decent football, served up by a magician who is working absolute miracles on a shoestring while having to cope with a hate campaign being run against him from within the halls of power
And he only signed that mega ml 5yr contract because of his love of the fans.

Do me a favour!
teamleader1

Postby Sir Roger » Mon May 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Reg wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Reg wrote:Look I agree rafas made some well strange decisions, last season it was all rotation, this season his silly halfhour centred around substitutions however all of us - and I´m defo in that catigory find it difficult to perform when you´ve got a major issue pressurising you.

As I´ve said a few times, a manager doesnt go from 2nd place in the league and consistent success in europe to trash in 12 months. The players heads dont go down as they did this season whilst playing for a successful and popular manager without something else going on.

Anyway I´ve made my point, for me he deserves another season as long as he gets the transfer funds.

feck that, to waste even more  :no

This is the elephant in the room
All the money hes had and spent over the years and hes no nearer the league title.
Some would have us believe hes had his hands tied and only been able to buy dross. Then they point out Reina, Alonso and Torres were his buys so that cant be true.
I dont know how many players have come in and out since hes been here or how much hes spent. But I would guess that its a fair amount of both. Does that tells us hes too picky, or that he hasnt got a feckin clue or indeed has some plan as to what he wants team wise but cant afford it?
Or all three?

Surely every manager who has invested heavily breaking into the top 4, or trying to win the league is guilty of the same thing?

I am not saying he is the only one whos made a mistake and I would like you to stop trying to make it seem like I am.
My point is that he has had an almost revolving door mentality with regards to tranfers in and out of the club since hes been here.
Is this because he cant make his mind up whether he wants a player after hes bought them, or that he hasnt got a clue and is just buying and selling because he likes it?
The good players hes got rid of compared to some of the sh'ite hes brought in suggests to me that he doesnt know what hes doing most of the time.
I would suggest that when ferguson buys someone he has a plan of how that player will fit into the system he want to play. Some have worked: Cantona, Ronaldo. Some havent: Veron, Berbatov. But he has a blueprint to work to.
I dont think Rafa has. Which is why so many have come and gone and were in the state were in now
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon May 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Well the truth is starting to come out Lynds , what rafa has been fighting against ever since the two :censored:'s took over . He's turned into an office manager rather than a football manager . No wonder we've gone backwards . Hey but those with the agaenda against him , and those that want to re-write history will not be @rsed anyway . The simple fact of the matter is , according to them Rafa has had £250 million to spend and he's failed to win us the league . It's as black and white as that , no extenuating circumstances , no backstabbing or agenda's from within the club . No it's all down to Rafa i'm afraid lynds . Well they have there way and we'll see what the future brings , wonder if the grass will be greener . Something tells me the heartache isn't over yet , but lets get our priorities right first and get rid of the one man who thought anything of the fans . Will be very interesting when the book comes out .

Spot ON -

Has any Liverpool Manager since Shankly - when he arrested picking the team and not the board - been under the pressure that he has - he looks a forlorn - broken by the internal politics, lies and deceit. If any of you worked under those pressurees, i'd like to see your sanity.

HE EXPOSED TO US - THE FANS - what was going-on inside this club. We owe it to him to have had the campaigns and the 'share liverpool ' scenario too against the 'custodians'.. THE destroyers !

Where is our new stadium, how can this club ever reach the heights with the current scenario, we are jurassic. 

In RAFA BENITEZ, WE TRULY HAVE/HAD THE SPIRIT OF SHANKLY - SOMEONE WHO LOVES THIS CLUB, CARES FOR IT AND ITS FANS , RESPECTS IT'S HISTORY  AND TRULY WANTED TO MAKE US GREAT AGAIN  !

THESE ARE INDEED WORRYING TIMES.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon May 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Its a good job he didnt bump into me and my mates outside Anfield yesterday. He might have got really annoyed at what we were saying about him...

Is that right what were you gonna 'bark at him' - maybe you and yer 'mates' look to bump in to the owners and ask them what has happened to all the promises made to us and Rafa ... oh but they don't pick the team.. but EVEN THOUGH THEY CAN DEMOTIVATE EVERYONE WHO HAS TO WORK WITH THE PLAYERS..  THAT DON'T COUNT Ay :lookaround 

Disgraceful ! :angry:
Last edited by zarababe on Mon May 03, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Mon May 03, 2010 6:19 pm

zarababe wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:Its a good job he didnt bump into me and my mates outside Anfield yesterday. He might have got really annoyed at what we were saying about him...

Is that right what were you gonna 'bark at him' - maybe you and yer 'mates' look to bump in to the owners and ask them what has happened to all the promises made to us and Rafa ... oh but they don't pick the team.. but EVEN THOUGH THEY CAN DEMOTIVATE EVERYONE WHO HAS TO WORK WITH THE PLAYERS..  THAT DON'T COUNT Ay :lookaround 

Disgraceful ! :angry:

:laugh:
I would have said to him that I was a bit miffed that I had once again paid my hard earned money to watch a load of sh'ite (again) and that I think he should stop being so fu'ckin stubborn, admit hes made mistakes and learn from them and to take some responsibility for the fu'ck up of a season as he would take credit if we were doing well.
As a grown man Im sure he would take this in the manner it was meant and either agree or most probably disagree if his previous statements are anything to go by.
As for the yanks I would simply tell them to go forth and multiply asap
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Tophatman » Mon May 03, 2010 7:07 pm

zarababe wrote:

Spot ON -

Has any Liverpool Manager since Shankly - when he arrested picking the team and not the board - been under the pressure that he has - he looks a forlorn - broken by the internal politics, lies and deceit. If any of you worked under those pressurees, i'd like to see your sanity.

HE EXPOSED TO US - THE FANS - what was going-on inside this club. We owe it to him to have had the campaigns and the 'share liverpool ' scenario too against the 'custodians'.. THE destroyers !

Where is our new stadium, how can this club ever reach the heights with the current scenario, we are jurassic. 

In RAFA BENITEZ, WE TRULY HAVE/HAD THE SPIRIT OF SHANKLY - SOMEONE WHO LOVES THIS CLUB, CARES FOR IT AND ITS FANS , RESPECTS IT'S HISTORY  AND TRULY WANTED TO MAKE US GREAT AGAIN  !

Hey don't forget this guy is getting paid £5million a year to do this job!!
Tophatman

Postby Reg » Mon May 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Tophatman wrote:
zarababe wrote:

Spot ON -

Hey don't forget this guy is getting paid £5million a year to do this job!!

You think any worthwhile replacement would come cheaper?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion