Lfc record record losses

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:14 pm

Could be worse look at spurs 3 mill for 5 months in charge pay out to santini at least Houllier brought us some successs, and didnt want to leave, DONT FORGET PEOPLE WE CALLED FOR HIS HEAD.
So he had to be paid off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:27 pm

We should just cut out loses and sell the sh1t3 at cut prices, yeah ok we won;t get £10m for diouf but £3m and getting rid of his wages would be a bonus for a player who isn't ever going to play for LFC, same applies to other players like Diao, Diara, Meijani (how ever you spell it), etc.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:41 pm

Paul C wrote:We should just cut out loses and sell the sh1t3 at cut prices, yeah ok we won;t get £10m for diouf but £3m and getting rid of his wages would be a bonus for a player who isn't ever going to play for LFC, same applies to other players like Diao, Diara, Meijani (how ever you spell it), etc.

I think we should retain the services of Alou Diarra though Paul, he was not named in succesive french squads, and called upon to play by accident.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:53 pm

Morally the fans own the club and we shouldn't be entrusting iit to some jack ar$e to squander its good name.

We should organise a fans lobby group to have a say in whats going on and not leave it to the numpties, how many more mistakes do they have to make before we organise ourselves.

The club is too important to too many to let some idiot try and run it, he may have the money but he sure dont have the brains.

Get the sorry ar$e out now! :angry:
Last edited by kindaconfused on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:57 pm

kindaconfused wrote:Get the sorry ar$e out now! :angry:

Who are you talking about ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:27 pm

Sorry Leon, I agrre there mate, maybe Diarra should be kept, all I meant was that any players that aren't gonna get a sniff under Rafa should be sold cos were just losing money paying their thousand pounds a week wages :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:24 pm

good god
4million to foulier for his achievments
10.7million in total
what the hell is going on
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:25 pm

Leonmc0708

Moores and the other sorry muppets (directors), forget Hesky what about MO for £8m (not wanting to start a MO thread but it kinda hits yer between the eyes).
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:32 pm

Paul C wrote:Sorry Leon, I agrre there mate, maybe Diarra should be kept, all I meant was that any players that aren't gonna get a sniff under Rafa should be sold cos were just losing money paying their thousand pounds a week wages :(

BETIS EYEING DIARRA SWOOP
SKY Sports 06 November 2004 

Real Betis are interested in Liverpool midfielder Alou Diarra. The big Frenchman has not had a look-in at Anfield since joining from Bayern Munich, and has never appeared for The Reds.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:17 pm

Quote (kindaconfused @ Nov. 06 2004,09:56)
Surely the loss as you state of the sale of Emile Heskey is assuming he hasn't been written down over the period (advise me if I have it round me neck).

This leads on as to how clubs value players which I presume are assets in the accounts etc.

Actually, after reading the website http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N146624041105-1224.htm, I got it wrong.

Apparently, the accounting method is to "amortise" or spread the transfer cost of a player over his contract. For instance, Diouf was bought for 10 million and signed a 5-year contract. His amortisation per year is 10 million divided over 5 years or 2 million per year. He will have been with Liverpool for 3 seasons come the end of this current season, so his amortisation would have been 6 million with 4 million left as his asset value.

If come the close season, he is sold for less than 4 million, for instance 2 million, Liverpool will make a loss of 2 million.

In the report, it was said that 20.8 million of the loss was due to 17.3 million in total player amortisation and another 3.5 million depreciation of Anfield, so the only cash impact loss is 1.1 million.

As for Houllier and his cohort's compensation, the correct accounting procedure is to totally charge the full amount of 10.7 million in last year's accounts but the actual payment may have been spread over the remainder of the unlapsed contract period. If he still had 3 years left on his contract, Liverpool may have agreed with him to pay off his compensation over a period of 3 years.

As for the so-called Heskey compensation, I don't think that there is any payment by Liverpool in getting rid of him, as I recall we sold him to Birmingham, so there was a mutual termination of his contract so that he can enter into a new one with Birmingham. It would be different if he were dismissed and Liverpool had to pay him off for the remainder of his unfinished contract. I think there was some confusing reports about this.

If anything, the proceeds of his transfer partly funded the purchase of the new players.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:39 pm

I'm amazed at guys on here posting that we should sell players at cut prices and then believing we would actually recieve anything at all for them. Do people really think that anyone would pay "2 or 3 million" for Diouf? Who exactly? I'm absolutely convinced that he will eventually be given away. I do literally mean given aswell, no fee, nothing, nada. That 10 million quid is as gone as a gone thing. It's gone. Might get 50k for Diao, but even then I doubt it.
Just a thought, if say Portsmouth offered to take their contracts over entirely do you think we'd give 'em away? Not 'arf. We'd bite their hands off. It's a trajedy really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion