Lets be realistic here - Is the manure defeat really a surprise?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby polygemus » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:58 am

I hope with Pelle in the team Josemi would be bumped down to 3rd choice for RB. Carragher/Finnan to rotate that position.

Garcia is a f**king idiot. If he had passed the ball to Milan Baros during an early 3 on 3 situation we would hv been 1-0 up. Selfish bozo.....

Meantime we r in real danger of missing on the CL....
polygemus

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:05 pm

there is one word i would use to describe garcia. WASTEFUL.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:09 pm

polygemus wrote:I hope with Pelle in the team Josemi would be bumped down to 3rd choice for RB. Carragher/Finnan to rotate that position.

Garcia is a f**king idiot. If he had passed the ball to Milan Baros during an early 3 on 3 situation we would hv been 1-0 up. Selfish bozo.....

Meantime we r in real danger of missing on the CL....

i think we will get 4th place
109-1105722616

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:13 pm

IF WE DON'T GET 4TH IT IS A DISASTER FOR THIS FOOTBALL CLUB. :(

i'm still confident that we will though. apart from arsenal away i can't see many games we shouldn't be confident of winning. you also know that everton, boro and spurs will drop endless points from now until the end of the season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:13 pm

stmichael wrote:there is one word i would use to describe garcia. WASTEFUL.

well........If the team had played well, we would be more lenient with garcia wastefullness...... but the team sucked and garcia/dudek are getting the brunt of it. I still think garcia shouls play as striker (ie....we should rotate between baros, garcia & morientas now).

Leave the right wing to nunez or even pongolle...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:15 pm

agreed it would be disasterous if we never got fourth place, but i wouldnt bet on the other teams not dropping loads of points
109-1105722616

Postby Ade » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:35 pm

We lost the game in the 1st half, we gave them far too much room in midfield - the amount of space they had was unbelievable. For me, this was mainly cos the loss of Alonso means Gerrard drops deeper, and Hamann's natural inclination is to play behind Gerrard. With Garcia hopeless on the right flank our midfield was out of shape. Garcia is not good enough on the right, and for me he's not worth a place in the team right now - Andy Gray made a good point on Sky that when Brown was sent off, we had to stretch Utd all over the park. Rafa should've brought on Nunez soon as Brown was off and stretched them then. Morientes is dynamite in the air, so surely you need crosses whipped in, especially as Utd aren't tall at the back.

Keane was superb yesterday, and their defence was excellent - we have to admit we were outplayed for most of the game, and lucky to go in at the break only 1 down.

As for Dudek, he is absolutely ******. Someone posted on here recently that his saves to shots ratio is less than 50 per cent. That puts the team under so much pressure, and invites teams to take the ******. We have to get rid of him and quick; you don't expect every keeper to be a miracle worker like Schmeichel or Shilton, or Cech, but they've got to do the basics - Dudek is costing us point after point after point.

What's the point of having Luzi if he never plays? Is he good enough to warrant a run in the side at the moment?
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:43 pm

if luzi was good enuff...rafa would have given him a chance....Rafa played diao didn't he ? And diao is ....******....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:17 am

Dudek is at fault. We need a new keeper and fast. My Grannie could have saved that ball and she is in a wheelchair. What is the hold up on the keeper from Real and why are we not offering Leeds more money. and lets get rif of Kirkland while we are at it.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:16 am

Yup..dudek was at fault for letting in the goal. But for the defeat,  everyone in the team is equally at fault. I'm struggling to recall the last time we played so badly in both games against man utd in a season. We were horrible especially our midfield. And if anyone were to be blamed, its our central midfielders who cant seem to string two passes together!!NO wonder pellegrino had to resort ot hoofing the ball upwards all the time..

There is no reason to blame dudek 100% like most have done here. calling for his head is a wee bit premature. Give the lad a chance and lets get behind him. What he needs at the moment is confidence..

The team has potential. To be honest, I think morientes had a great debut and pellegrino does NOT look 33..great debuts for the new lads. Did you see the way morientes attacks a high ball each time?Sheer class...he's gonna score loads...mark my words...
ssss

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:34 am

I missed the game as I was not at home that time nut catched the end and some highlights. I was not too surprised that we lost by this solitary goal as it would always (more often than not) come to a goalkeeping blunder whenever Dudek plays. he is a disaster waiting to happen and seems to be much more prone to howlers against manure.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:38 am

stmichael wrote:let me just reiterrate again. IT IS NOT DUDEK'S FAULT for the defeat today.

Yes it is, you turkey. If he hadn't conceded the goal, the game would have ended 0-0.
Red_Si

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:36 pm

And if an outfield player had scored it'd be a different result too. But then, had Christ been  a Rasta, we'd all have dreads and be smokin weed!! :p

Lets face it, we had loadsa time to get the goal back, and never looked like scorin.....is that Dudek's fault too?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Red_Si wrote:
stmichael wrote:let me just reiterrate again. IT IS NOT DUDEK'S FAULT for the defeat today.

Yes it is, you turkey. If he hadn't conceded the goal, the game would have ended 0-0.

:D
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:42 pm

It's Dudek's fault for letting in the goal, but not the defeat. We were the winner if we had scored more than one.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion