Let's say good bye to the 2006 champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby romliv » Sun May 08, 2005 7:11 pm

Today every body knows that LFC must win the game vs. Arsenal so we wait for a good game and a good first half but it was unfortunately a bad surprise the players were in another world ! A catastrophic first half with beginner mistakes that cost expensive to Liverpool and had deprived a 2006 champions league adventure … the reaction was insufficient in the second half .
Now it's time to prepare seriously our final vs. Milan who had probably lose the title of the calcio this afternoon .
when we don't have what we love, we must love what we have!
romliv

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun May 08, 2005 7:14 pm

Really speaking, this could have gone elsewhere.

However though, its not necessarily the end as far as Champions league football go's. Lets win in Istanbul and then give the FA and UEFA some sleepless nights.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2005 7:39 pm

yeah, its dissapointing that we lost but what i find more dissapointing are some of the comments on here, we were on a steady decline under houllier but then have a massive slice of luck and find a manager like rafa, the man contends with star players leaving, other star players threatening to leave, getting left another mans squad who have spent five years wellying the ball up the park, not having a pre-season of note due to euro 2004, a horrendous injury list to key players, moving to a foreign country, a press campaign and some dodgy referee`s decisions early on in the season (though luck has evened itself out).
despite this he got us to a carling cup final, the biggest final in club football in the cl final and just missed out on fourth position in the league. i dont know what the man has to do.
rafa knows what he has to do, let him do it.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 08, 2005 7:52 pm

We gave up finishing 4th some games ago after some lacklustre display in the league. It's not that hard for the UEFA bureaucrats to cough up another place for us if the FA lobby on our behalf...however knowing how incompetent the FA are...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2005 7:57 pm

Santa wrote:We gave up finishing 4th some games ago after some lacklustre display in the league. It's not that hard for the UEFA bureaucrats to cough up another place for us if the FA lobby on our behalf...however knowing how incompetent the FA are...

if we win it we`ll be in it next year, the fa and uefa just dont want to make a decision before they have to incase we dont win it and other clubs use their dithering to their advantage in the future. i`ve no doubt the fa and uefa want us to lose to milan and that will make the decision for them.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 7:57 pm

We could still play in the CL next year depending if we win the competition and the final decision by UEFA
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 pm

A.B. wrote:We could still play in the CL next year depending if we win the competition and the final decision by UEFA

Is the decision to be made by UEFA or FA ??
As I've heard it's the FA decision  :oh:
The will be put under heavy pressure when we'll win the CL  :buttrock
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 08, 2005 8:05 pm

The FA can make a decision but it won't be a final one. DO you seriously believe that UEFA will let the champions go without defending their title?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun May 08, 2005 8:14 pm

Seriously doubt it. It will be hard decision to make -> Reds or Everton.
Gonna be lot of hussle and arguement :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Sun May 08, 2005 8:53 pm

All teams were told at the start of the season 4th spot would mean qualification for the play off qualification stages for the C.L. How would we have felt if the tables were turned & say Arsenal were in the final but finishing 5th & we were 4th, not happy I feel.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby zarababe » Sun May 08, 2005 9:02 pm

... we will win.. and we will be in it to dsefend it.. cos if we ain't .. it'll be a real mockery of the competition...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vvs » Sun May 08, 2005 11:34 pm

but hasnt uefa already said that only the 4th team will qualify even if we win the thing? they said they will stick to the rules for now. I will look for the site were i read it.
vvs

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sun May 08, 2005 11:39 pm

Just think of the looks on the faces off those Plastic Manc W@nkers when you can say

"FIVE TIMES!" :buttrock
PrestonLaaa

Postby Dalglish » Sun May 08, 2005 11:45 pm

PrestonLaaa wrote:Just think of the looks on the faces off those Plastic Manc W@nkers when you can say

:
:talktothehand

Depite the MANCS best efforts to even come close to Liverpool's achievements they are still playing catch up  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun May 08, 2005 11:59 pm

Dalglish wrote:
PrestonLaaa wrote:Just think of the looks on the faces off those Plastic Manc W@nkers when you can say

:
:talktothehand

Depite the MANCS best efforts to even come close to Liverpool's achievements they are still playing catch up  :D

Love IT !!!!!!!!!!

:rasp

YNWA
76-1115222408

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion