Champions league 2005-2006 - Who what where when how?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:48 pm

Leon I enjoyed reading your post and whilst I agree with you in fairness I am not sure if I would agree if it was Man U in our place! Thanks Heavens their not! anyway Mate I'd love Liverpool to be drawn aaginst any of the 2 Irish teams.  Doe's anyone know when the draw will be made The flights over from belfast will shoot through the roof so I need to be quick!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby xd3vilx » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:53 pm

Something I Don't Understand...If Liverpool Don't Have Country Protection.Do Other English Club Have Country Protection?
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:05 pm

xd3vilx wrote:Something I Don't Understand...If Liverpool Don't Have Country Protection.Do Other English Club Have Country Protection?

They have protection against the other english teams but not from Liverpool
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:09 pm

Apparently of those 23 teams listed above, due to the seeding system and co-efficient grading that UEFA employs, there are only 11 teams we can come up against:

Due to the seeding these are the 11 teams we could face:

Dinamo Minsk               Bls   1.347
Sliema Wanderers          Mlt   0.989
Pyunik Yerevan             Arm   0.989
SK Tirana                    Alb   0.879
Levadia Tallinn              Est   0.824
Glentoran                     Nir   0.714
Llansantffraid(TNS)        Wal   0.604
F91 Dudelange              Lux   0.549
Neftchi Baku                 Azb   0.439
HB Torshavn                 Far   0.329
Kairat Almaty                Kaz   0.220
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:11 pm

laza wrote:Do these early rounds also cup tie players as it may prove a problem if we want to offload someone later on who we had no choice but to use in these qualfiers

This is a good point

I think there will be a lot of comings and goings in the next couple of weeks

However, i don't think it will greatly affect the transfer fees.  I'm pretty sure gerrard is gonna stay so lets leave him out of it for now.

You'd still get someone willing to pay 7 mil for baros even if he's cup tied, someone like newcastle or another english club not in europe will probably come in for him.  And look at morientes last season, we took him for 6 mil despite the fact he was cup tied.  Baros is a decent player and there will always be someone who will take him
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Istanpool » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:00 am

anchor man wrote:I think certain things are being blown out of proportion, to play 6  extra qualifying games is not the end of the world, all it means is re-desigining the way our pre season is put together.

Hello Anchor Man,

Noticed you have posted here. I agree, 6 extra games is not the end of the world but I do not know any other game or sport where the champion has no right to defend. Things are getting strange in football and that is what I hate. Feel like it's getting more industrial, less fun but more tension. People think that the "tension" they feel is the "exciment" they lok for. Anyway, let me stop here. Started to write like I am drunk. (not yet). :))))))

Cheers.
Istanpool

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:11 am

agreed that the 6 extra games in the CL will not affect much as it can be treated as pre-season. it is the World Club Championship in Japan that gonna be a downer as LFC will have to fly halfway around the world that is going to screw with our season.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion