KOSTAS TSIMIKAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:17 am

Reg wrote:
Santa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:42 am wrote:Neat and fast player from what little we have seen but fucking hell Milny showed him who's the daddy

Why what have you seen?

Milner raged at him after Kostas ignored his overlapping run down the line, Milner must have been right next to a pitchside mic because every word of the tirade was clearly picked up. Not the type of language you expect to hear on the telly on a Saturday afternoon!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:39 pm

I didn’t really “rage” or give him a tirade - just a quick “for ***** sake Costas”
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:26 pm

Well looks like we have some pretty decent cover/competition for Robbo. Tsimikas looks like he has a bit more quality in the final third but Robbo has the ability to completely dominate his flank with his energy. Nice to know we don't have to run Robbo into the ground.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:22 pm

I agree, he looks like a good player. I think his crosses are better than Robbo’s but he is not as good defensively.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:47 pm

If you could morph the two of them into one we probably would have the best LB in the world  :laugh:

Our defensive setup isnt reliant on the fullbacks as much as the attack is. End product is what's needed and Kostas is certainly giving Klopp something to think about. He has waited a long time for this chance so once he settles hopefully the defensive side of his game improves. Robbo will more than likely go straight back in but I hope to see Kostas coming on regular if we are struggling to break through.

Overall we look to be strong in that position and for many years to come.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:58 pm

The lot of you are talking as if Robbo can't kick a ball forward. He has a total of 35 assists for us in the Prem alone, finished third in assists a few seasons ago only behind De Bruyne and Trent. Kostas has had a good run of form but he's a long LONG way before I could say he's better than Robbo in any aspect.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:40 am

No one is saying that mate. Just pointing out that Kostas looks to have a better cross accuracy than Robbo.  Andy is a better defender hands down. He does get his fair share of assists as well but some days it just isnt happening for him.

Its really early days for Kostas but so far it looks like he is good competition for Andy which is better for us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:59 am

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:40 pm wrote:No one is saying that mate. Just pointing out that Kostas looks to have a better cross accuracy than Robbo.  Andy is a better defender hands down. He does get his fair share of assists as well but some days it just isnt happening for him.

Its really early days for Kostas but so far it looks like he is good competition for Andy which is better for us.

This
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:10 am

damjan193 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:58 pm wrote:The lot of you are talking as if Robbo can't kick a ball forward. He has a total of 35 assists for us in the Prem alone, finished third in assists a few seasons ago only behind De Bruyne and Trent. Kostas has had a good run of form but he's a long LONG way before I could say he's better than Robbo in any aspect.

Yeah, that's what we we're saying  ???

Tsimikas looks like he has a bit more quality in the final third but Robbo has the ability to completely dominate his flank with his energy.

I think his crosses are better than Robbo’s but he is not as good defensively.

End product is what's needed and Kostas is certainly giving Klopp something to think about.
Last edited by Eagle on Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 am

red till i die!! » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:40 am wrote:No one is saying that mate. Just pointing out that Kostas looks to have a better cross accuracy than Robbo.  Andy is a better defender hands down. He does get his fair share of assists as well but some days it just isnt happening for him.

I know what you're saying mate (and the others), and I'm sorry but it's simply not true. In the previous 4 seasons Robbo has managed a total of 35 assists in the Prem which is a phenomenal number, in fact by far a better number than any non-Liverpudlian fullback in England. Trent, considered the best attacking fullback in England and probably the world at the moment, had one assist less than Robbo for our club(they're level now after Trent's assist agains Burnley).

To put it into prespective, Kyle Walker, Luke Shaw and Marcos Alonso (chose them randomly as other fullbacks that are good going forward in the PL) have a total of 32 assists combined in the same time period, 3 less than Robbo. If you go to the Premier League page and search all time most assists by a defender in the PL, you'll find Robbo in 5th place. Had they not labeled Ashley Young and Valencia as "defenders" (spent most of their career as wingers), Andy would have been third, not too far from the two ahead of him, who are now retired.

Sorry for the long post, I know no one said that Robertson is bad going forward but I think that we need to put into perspective just how good he has actually been. He's had some games where his crossing has been ridiculously bad but those games are the exception rather than the norm.

Red, you said that if we could morph Kostas and Andy together we'd have the best LB in the world. I'd say we already have the best LB in the world, he's just injured at the moment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:10 pm

Even when Robbo was racking up assists they were mostly balls fired across the face of goal hard and low or pull-backs, Kostas clearly does more with the ball, his crosses have a much better shape to them, indeed dare I say it some of them are even Beckham/Gerrard/Alexander-Arnold-esque. Personally I think Robbo's crossing has been poor for 12 months now and i think it's great that someone is finally pushing him because I'd pretty much written Kostas off as a no hoper.
Who would I start against Chelsea if both were fit? Robbo definately, but the fact he got x amount of assists 3 years ago won't help us Saturday tea-time against Chelsea, Andy's got to deliver in the here and now and if he doesn't someone will take his place just like it should be at a big club. We've actually got similar thing going on with Jota and Bobby up front, I just wish we had it in every position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:54 pm

damjan193 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:35 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:40 am wrote:No one is saying that mate. Just pointing out that Kostas looks to have a better cross accuracy than Robbo.  Andy is a better defender hands down. He does get his fair share of assists as well but some days it just isnt happening for him.

I know what you're saying mate (and the others), and I'm sorry but it's simply not true. In the previous 4 seasons Robbo has managed a total of 35 assists in the Prem which is a phenomenal number, in fact by far a better number than any non-Liverpudlian fullback in England. Trent, considered the best attacking fullback in England and probably the world at the moment, had one assist less than Robbo for our club(they're level now after Trent's assist agains Burnley).

To put it into prespective, Kyle Walker, Luke Shaw and Marcos Alonso (chose them randomly as other fullbacks that are good going forward in the PL) have a total of 32 assists combined in the same time period, 3 less than Robbo. If you go to the Premier League page and search all time most assists by a defender in the PL, you'll find Robbo in 5th place. Had they not labeled Ashley Young and Valencia as "defenders" (spent most of their career as wingers), Andy would have been third, not too far from the two ahead of him, who are now retired.

Sorry for the long post, I know no one said that Robertson is bad going forward but I think that we need to put into perspective just how good he has actually been. He's had some games where his crossing has been ridiculously bad but those games are the exception rather than the norm.

Red, you said that if we could morph Kostas and Andy together we'd have the best LB in the world. I'd say we already have the best LB in the world, he's just injured at the moment.

I dont disagree with you mate and I do recognise how valuable he has been. I just dont think what was done in previous seasons should guarantee any player 90 mins every week especially if he is in a poor run of form. Maybe his form suffered due to fatigue but his cross accuracy is 18%. 

Yakka's post pretty much sums it up for me anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:57 am

As soon as Robbo is fit he will be back in team

Kostas did well but Robbo is a step up in all respects
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:17 am

Last seasons injuries showed you can't play a player to death without consequences, if the Greek is good enough then it makes sense to rotate them more often.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 am

Klopp isn’t one to rotate in a number of areas - the full backs is one area
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion