JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:21 pm

The price is a bit insane but long term I'm sure it'll be ok. Put it this way, if we backed out and the Mancs paid it and he became class I'd be well p!ssed off we weren't willing to pay. Jones, Carroll, Gerrard, Carra, Spearing, Flanno, Robbo etc would give us a great English core to the side, something we haven't had in a long time.

I'm hoping we do manage to sign Jones btw then we need some pacey wingers, that's where Young and Mata come in. Then just Aguero to put the cherry on top :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ethanr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Greavesie wrote:The price is a bit insane but long term I'm sure it'll be ok. Put it this way, if we backed out and the Mancs paid it and he became class I'd be well p!ssed off we weren't willing to pay. Jones, Carroll, Gerrard, Carra, Spearing, Flanno, Robbo etc would give us a great English core to the side, something we haven't had in a long time.

I'm hoping we do manage to sign Jones btw then we need some pacey wingers, that's where Young and Mata come in. Then just Aguero to put the cherry on top :D

:bowdown
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby brentd4 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:43 pm

feck me in 2years from now r team is gonna be frickin awesome, when those youger players get more established and start kickin :censored: were gonna be shittin ourselves at how good we are. bring it on im gettin wel excited here

ynwa

:D :p :D :p :D
brentd4

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:32 pm

Tim LFC wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I had a horrible thought this morning.  Not long ago there where "rumours" that Gerrard was finished, his groin had had that many operations that the surgeon had no good tissue to repair him again.

Are we looking to stregthen the middle of the park because gerrard is not coming back.  Would the club want to advertise that our club captain was going to retire, if they did this could cause 2 problems.

1 - Centre Midfielders may suddenly become even more expensive knowing we would be desperate for a replacement
2 - Playing with a player like Steven Gerrard ay attract targets to coming to Liverpool.

Far fetched?  maybe?  I hope I am wrong and we start next season with our captain and a host of new players.

I think you're paranoid for no reason at all.  :O

I hope so mate, I really do
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:35 pm

i'm not too sure on this kid, it's alot of money to put into potential and how will he fit into the team.
With Lucas, Miereles, and Gerrard already in the squad how does Henderson fit in and how does this effect spearing and shelvey?

16m would be alot to spend on someone who will not be a first team starter, so this would mean two from the above benching it each week!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Maybe Kenny reckons Spearing and Lucas will not cut the mustard but is prepared to talk them up and keep them until he creates his ideal midfield.  Then in January or next summer he'll cash in on those guys.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Sean wrote:Maybe Kenny reckons Lucas will not cut the mustard but is prepared to talk them up and keep them until he creates his ideal midfield.  Then in January or next summer he'll cash in on those guys.

What ever you do dont post that on RAWK you will have a FATWA on your head  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Sean wrote:Maybe Kenny reckons Lucas will not cut the mustard but is prepared to talk them up and keep them until he creates his ideal midfield.  Then in January or next summer he'll cash in on those guys.

:laugh: agreed!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 pm

metalhead wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Mate they are kickin off on people already over Henderson and he hasnt even signed for us yet FML  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:30 pm

In fairness i havn't seen him play much but what i have seen i certainly would not have slapped 16-20 Million on him and said he was a cut above our current midfielders.

Now Phil Jones and Connor Wickham i would snap them up!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Thanks for the tip off !

.....Just another point.....when Kenny bought Steve McMahon (Aston Villa) and Ray Houghton (Oxford) back in the '80's they were solid but unspectacular midfielders in the old first division but saw that they had the character to get the best out of more high profile signings (e.g. Barnes & Beardsley).  Expect Kenny to buy young functional players with character potential (Henderson) along with hopefully one or two star names.

Finally, Aldridge, Shearer and Sutton all became better strikers under Kenny.  I expect Carroll and Wickham (if he signs) to do the same.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 pm

People are saying he is not proven this and that. How many 1st team games do you have to have played before you are proven? Anyway as someone on their pointed out, if he was playing for 1 of the top 5 sides he would be costing double.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Henderson plays on the Right wing.  Not CM.  He played CM because of injuries, and because he was better than the CM's sunderland had.  So he won't be competing with Lucas, Meireles, Gerrard, Spearing because that's not the position he plays.  Right now all we have is Kuyt in that position, who's old.  Henderson can take over for him.

When you watch Henderson play, he is so comfortable with the ball.  This is extremely important for a player to progress because you can't get better if you don't have to confidence to do so. 

I really hope we sign him because I think someday soon he will be an amazing player.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Ciggy wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Mate they are kickin off on people already over Henderson and he hasnt even signed for us yet FML  :laugh:

:laugh:

typical.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Dont get you negative people out there. Dont you think that Kenny has had this lad watched? He doesn't buy s.*i*e players. HE,S THE FOOKING KING:p
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion