JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:09 pm

john craig wrote:This kid can play.

I like our transfer policy these days... young hungry players.

Henderson, Young, Charlie Adam, Adam Johnson, Cahill... these are exactly the types of guys we should be looking at imo.

Wickham too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:47 pm

john craig wrote:I like our transfer policy these days... young hungry players.

Tomas Brolin use to be a young hungry kid and look where it got him.....

:laugh:
roberto green

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
ethanr wrote:
Zidane wrote:No way we're going to pay 20m but I think he could be a really good player, he's not a CM though.  He plays mostly out on the right I think he was only played centrally due to injuries, has good movement along with a nice first touch and can deliver a really good cross.  Potentially he could be a really good buy and the word is the deal is really close to being done.  I cannot wait to get some signings finally announced this summer is going to be so exciting!!

A little something to go on, nice vid of his season.. only 20 years old.

Jordan Henderson

Actually looks quite a talent there.  He's extremely composed when he has the ball.  Sometimes you see players get nervous when they are on the ball.  Spearing has the problem at times.  He seems to be a very smart passer, picked out some really great runs there.

I'm finding myself hoping more and more everyday that we sign this kid.

I agree.

Just air on the side of caution when watching youtube clips though, I think they even made Nunez look good.  :lookaround

:laugh:

Good ol youtube.. responsible for signing some of the worst young talents in the world!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Sunderland's Jordan Henderson is close to Liverpool transfer

• Steve Bruce ready to sell for £20m
• 20-year-old keen on Anfield move

Andy Hunter
    guardian.co.uk, Monday 6 June 2011 21.00 BST

Jordan Henderson
Jordan Henderson may become a Liverpool player before he departs for the European Under-21 Championship. Photograph: Lee Smith/Action Images

Jordan Henderson may become a Liverpool player before he departs for the European Under-21 Championship providing the club raise their offer for the Sunderland midfielder towards £20m.

Sunderland and Liverpool officials opened talks last week and there is acceptance at the Stadium of Light that the 20-year-old will leave if the £20m valuation Steve Bruce, the manager, has placed on the midfielder is met.

Liverpool are understood to have increased their initial offer of £13m to around £16m over the weekend. Sunderland rejected both bids but, with Henderson keen to have his future resolved before the Under-21 tournament in Denmark, another improved offer from Liverpool may secure Kenny Dalglish the first of several major transfers expected at Anfield this summer.

Sunderland are not under pressure to sell a home-grown player who committed to a new five-year contract at the club in April 2010. However, with Henderson receptive to a move to Anfield, Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, edging closer to Sunderland's asking price and talks continuing between the clubs, a resolution may arrive before the midfielder teams up with Stuart Pearce's England squad on Wednesday.

Manchester United were linked with Henderson when his fine start to the season earned a call-up to the senior England side and their friendly against France in November. But Liverpool have made the more concerted effort to clinch his signature, even though the midfielder's form dipped as Sunderland dropped down the table in the second half of the campaign and he was booed by the club's supporters at one point.

Dalglish envisages a central midfield role for Henderson at Anfield, despite appearing to be well stocked in that department with Steven Gerrard, Lucas Leiva, Raul Meireles and the emergence of Jay Spearing. The Sunderland player has also operated on the right of midfield since establishing himself in Bruce's team but prefers to play in the middle, as the Liverpool manager has noted.

There is a desire from Liverpool's director of football, Damien Comolli, to sign young talent although, should the club pay £20m for Henderson, it would reflect a willingness to spend heavily in the interests of Champions League qualification rather than securing emerging players at a more cost-effective stage. Ashley Young, another Anfield target, appeared to tilt the contest for his signature towards Manchester United following England's draw with Switzerland on Saturday when he expressed his wish to play in the Champions League.

Bruce is keen to address Sunderland's alarming slide since January by acquiring "eight or nine" players this summer. The Sunderland manager still has available the initial £18m received from Aston Villa for Darren Bent, and £20m for Henderson – a player he has heralded as one of the finest prospects in the country – would help his rebuilding plans.

Liverpool are also continuing efforts to sign Henderson's England Under-21 colleague Connor Wickham from Ipswich Town. The 18-year-old is attracting interest from several Premier League clubs but Liverpool's offer for the striker is believed to be around £2m short of Ipswich's £10m valuation.

The Guardian

-----------------

Welcome to the club  :)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Liverpool closing in on Jordan Henderson
Posted on June 6th, 2011 by Jim Boardman

Reports tonight suggest that Liverpool are on the final straight in their pursuit of Sunderland midfielder Jordan Henderson with the two clubs believed to be moving closer to an agreement on the fee.

Sunderland have made it clear they value their home-grown 20-year-old at £20m and were unimpressed with Liverpool‘s early enquiries at a fee of £13m. Liverpool target Jordan HendersonDialogue continued between the two clubs with Liverpool indicating a willingness to increase their offer to as much as £16m, but Sunderland remained firm on their £20m asking price.

Henderson has now reportedly indicated that he wishes to speak to Liverpool and is eager to do so in time for any deal to be done before he travels away on Wednesday with the England Under-21 squad for the European Championship finals in Denmark. This development increases the chances of a middle ground being found for the fee, with The Times reporting that a fee of £18.5m has now been mentioned, just £1.5m short of Sunderland’s valuation.

The fee is substantial for such a young player but should Liverpool spend somewhere in that region for the player it will signal the intent of the club to do all that is possible to find the right players for the next stage in the second Dalglish era. Henderson is not Liverpool’s only target for the summer; the contrast between the club eight months ago, when administration and relegation were topics under serious discussion, is marked. The club no longer have the huge burden of acquisition debt to service and the sale of Torres in January brought an extra £15m into the club’s coffers. The club are also working on reducing the huge chunk of the wage bill that goes on players rarely part of the first team.

Andy Carroll and Jerome Henderson on international dutyWages on offer by the club will remain attractive where appropriate; The Times also report that Liverpool are willing to offer Henderson a personal deal worth around £60,000 per week, three times what he is currently on at the Stadium of Light.

According to The Guardian Kenny Dalglish sees Henderson in a central midfield role at Anfield, and with Liverpool’s interest in Charlie Adam still strong it’s no surprise that, despite reports linking Lee Cattermole to Anfield, the Reds are yet to show any desire to include Henderson’s team-mate in their transfer plans for this summer.

Liverpool’s Scottish teenager Danny Wilson is being widely reported as on the verge of a move back to Glasgow Rangers on a 12-month loan deal. Wilson was signed for £2m last year but has seen his chances of first team football very much limited. A loan move to Rangers would see the full Scottish international back playing first-team football and would allow Dalglish to assess his chances of being a long-term part of Liverpool’s plans. Meanwhile, Blackburn’s teenager defender Phil Jones continues to be strongly linked with a move to Anfield.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news....on.html
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 am

I trust in the ploicy and recall when KD bought Barnes Houghton and Aldo , Beardesly too, it was a combination of known class and ability amd the not so known and recognised, that led to that great side the emerged.

:)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:11 am

I think we're very close with this one and Wickham.
Tim LFC

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:15 am

' Steve Bruce is ready to sell for £20 million' - yeah, I bet he is :laugh:

Surely we wont be held to ransom over a young 'unproved' player, especially not from Steve 'stuck up fergies bumhole' Bruce?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 am

zarababe wrote:I trust in the ploicy and recall when KD bought Barnes Houghton and Aldo , Beardesly too, it was a combination of known class and ability amd the not so known and recognised, that led to that great side the emerged.

:)

:nod

I was reading Barrett's article and many fans even doubted the talents of the likes of Aldo, Barnes and Beardsley when we were linked with them but they turned out to be alright :)

I'm staying optimistic
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:01 am

I dont know anything about this lad Ive never heard of him, probably seen him play but havent taken much notice to him when they are future prospects they are usually on the radar by 15 and have already signed for a big club by the time they are 17/18.  For a big fee this lads 21 next week and other big clubs are not knocking down Sunderlands door for him hmmmm.........

Cant say I am overwhelmed by this signing and certainly have one eyebrow raised at the asking price  :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:02 am

Ciggy wrote:I dont know anything about this lad Ive never heard of him, probably seen him play but havent taken much notice to him when they are future prospects they are usually on the radar by 15 and have already signed for a big club by the time they are 17/18.  For a big fee this lads 21 next week and other big clubs are not knocking down Sunderlands door for him hmmmm.........

Cant say I am overwhelmed by this signing and certainly have one eyebrow raised at the asking price  :Oo:

Mancs want him
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:15 am

metalhead wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I dont know anything about this lad Ive never heard of him, probably seen him play but havent taken much notice to him when they are future prospects they are usually on the radar by 15 and have already signed for a big club by the time they are 17/18.  For a big fee this lads 21 next week and other big clubs are not knocking down Sunderlands door for him hmmmm.........

Mancs want him

so? they got Bebe as well for an obscene amount considering how Fergie never saw him play. thats a stupid attempt to vindicate the purchase of Henderson just because the Mancs want him.

i think the reason for many fans feeling that the fee is bloated is because for so long now we've been watching other clubs in awe as they spunked out huge amounts of cash on other players. us on the other hand, weren't able to do it due to the debts and so on. it'll take some time for some, like me, to get used to the fact that we can actually spend crazy amounts on players and compete with the big names in the market.

any good website for stats on Henderson? surely there must be something very attractive about him that justifies the fee?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:21 am

so we are not allowed to buy a player whose not linked with another big club? does that justify that we shouldn't go for a player merely because he isn't linked to chelsea or arsenal etc...?

Maybe its because Kenny Dalglish sees something in him that we don't
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:25 am

metalhead wrote:so we are not allowed to buy a player whose not linked with another big club? does that justify that we shouldn't go for a player merely because he isn't linked to chelsea or arsenal etc...?

Maybe its because Kenny Dalglish sees something in him that we don't

you're missing the point. just because another club wants him isn't good enough justification for purchasing him.

i wish Owzat was still around to dig up some stats on him. there must be something eyecatching.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 am

metalhead wrote:Mancs want him

And? I dont care who the Mancs want I only care about Liverpool and if we are signing a midfielder he has to be world class this lad isnt not yet anyway.
Our CM is the reason we have finished 7th and 6th the past two seasons because its not good enough, I still dont see all the fuss about Lucas either the praise he has received is OTT in my opinion, most consistant player last season YES best player? NO.

I really think we need to improve in this area and signing an unproven player for 20 million is a big gamble when other areas need improving also, the wings ecspecially.

Also if we pay an inflated price for him imagine how much we are going to be held to ransom for other targets  :suspect:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion