Johnson - ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:17 pm

From the Echo :

''If the Morientes move failed, Nicolas Anelka's name would again come into the reckoning - with the Manchester City striker again not figuring for his club at the weekend.

But the Reds have dismissed speculation linking them with a move for Crystal Palace's Andy Johnson and Real Madrid goal-keeper Cesar.''

Looks like, No to Johnson, but possibly Yes to Anelka.
:blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:34 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
Comments like..."you know what great players are going to do"...

You know what i meant by that though. good players often play the passes you expect and keep things ticking over in certain situations.

Obviously you have players who do things out of the ordinary but i'm on about in general. You watched Owen and when he played a pass, 9/10 times it was a good pass which gets a clap from everyone in the stand.

great players do good and the right things more times than not...

I do rate Baros, he's a good player, he's improving, but he's nowhere a top class level. You know that, i know that, Benitez knows that.

michael owen usually layed the ball off five yards, thats if he managed to control it.he wasnt a good passer in my opinion.
i agree with you about anelka, when he played for us he looked the best player in the side although his 4 goals in 20 games isn`t overly impressive, though you have to take into account he played in a negative side i suppose.
dont forget when you compare baros and anelka (for city), baros couldnt hardly get a game under houllier, he preffered heskey. its hard coming off the bench to score, especially for a team that adopts ale house tactics.
you may not think he`s top class but i do, and when he outscored all the other top european strikers in euro 2004 i think he proved it at the highest level.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:28 am

michael owen usually layed the ball off five yards, thats if he managed to control it.he wasnt a good passer in my opinion.
i agree with you about anelka, when he played for us he looked the best player in the side although his 4 goals in 20 games isn`t overly impressive, though you have to take into account he played in a negative side i suppose.
dont forget when you compare baros and anelka (for city), baros couldnt hardly get a game under houllier, he preffered heskey. its hard coming off the bench to score, especially for a team that adopts ale house tactics.
you may not think he`s top class but i do, and when he outscored all the other top european strikers in euro 2004 i think he proved it at the highest level.

Disagree about Owen completely. Everyone i've spoken to who goes to the games says the same thing. His awareness and passing was spot on.

About Anelka, it wasn't that he was playing in a negative side. He was lacking match fitness and made a few appearances as a sub.

Baros isn't a top class forward. He's a very good player, nothin more. At euro 2004 he didn't show anything i haven't seen before. He played well and done what he could but was playing in a marvelous team with great players around him.

Any half decent would have done well in that team, he's more than half decent so thre u go.
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:38 am

I think Anelka is a more established player especially in the EPL and it's hard to compare them both where Morientes is a world class player, which ever player we get it is going to be an exciting strike for at Anfield :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:12 am

Squad profiles

Player name:  Andrew Johnson
Date of birth:  10 February, 1981
Nationality:  English
Position:  Striker
Height:  1.70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall career totals
  Apps As sub Goals Yellow Red
Total (Club) 211 (54) 72 17 0
League 181 (45) 60 15 0
FA Cup 6 (0) 0 2 0
League Cup 22 (9) 12 0 0
European/Others 0 (0) 0 0 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International career totals
England U20 0 (0) 0 0 0

Current club totals
Total (Club) 105 (3) 59 8 0
League 94 (3) 52 7 0
FA Cup 5 (0) 0 1 0
League Cup 6 (0) 7 0 0

This season
Total (Club) 22 (0) 13 3 0
League 21 (0) 13 2 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0 1 0
League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0

Crystal Palace
Total (Club) 22 (0) 13 3 0
League 21 (0) 13 2 0
FA Cup 1 (0) 0 1 0
League Cup 0 (0) 0 0 0
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion