Joey barton for rm?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:17 pm

mark the red and stu the red................they are brothers going thru sibling rivalry :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lfcreds_27 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:18 pm

i like him and would love him at liverpool he is a scouser after all
Rafa Benitez
Lfcreds_27

Postby mighty mo » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
mark the red wrote:proper whoppas thread.  i think barton is too much of a loose cannon to be considered by rafa, the way he has acted at city is disgusting, the way they have stood by him over all the aggro he has caused, attacking some YTS lad with a cigar, breaking richard dunn's foot as well while barneying in thailand. the lad is trouble and for me he is not an improvement on anything we have in our midfield and would only be a fringe/rotation player when you think of us having gerrard, xabi alonso, momo sissoko, hamman who do a similar job and play a similar role to what he does.

i think barton will get found out at a big club, i dont think he is good enough to be considered for us or even the mancs.  although he is a battler and gives his all, and i respect as a player for that, but for liverpool he will rock the boat

Good player he is. Mark you're wrong about his ability mate. Simple as that, technically and tactically he's as good if not SLIGHTLY better than Gerrard.

However his attitude's a disgrace and physically he's average at best. He's also never in a million years a right sided midfielder, he's a central midfielder.

come on stu,he  is nowhere near the ability of steven gerrard,i hope you were having a joke there stu
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BLANDY » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:48 pm

Good player he is. Mark you're wrong about his ability mate. Simple as that, technically and tactically he's as good if not SLIGHTLY better than Gerrard. :D :D :D :D :D :     [quote]    Your,e havin a f@ckin laugh not fit to wipe his :censored: never mind lace his boots
BLANDY

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:00 pm

mark the red wrote:i dont wish to make enemies on this forum but stu is thick and hasnt got a clue, it annoys me that he sprouts such :censored:

I'm thick and don't have a clue? Mark, I strongly suggest lad that you read over all of the forum from the start before you make wild assumptions on a persons intelligence and football knowledge.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:17 pm

In terms of tactical ability i mean positioning. I mean his ability to play the right pass, his ability to be in the correct place and read the game. Joey Barton in terms of positioning and picking the right pass is very very good and better than Steven Gerrard. Barton passes alot of square balls where as Steven likes alot of long balls, Barton keeps possession of the football much better, its also worth noting he's playing in a worse side with players who aren't able to find space as well as many of the Liverpool players. Steven is better at timing runs into the box, however Barton is also good at this.

You then compare aggression, well, Stevie's aggressive, so is Joey, very very similar. I'd probably pick Gerrard on the fact he's stronger in the tackle... Oh weight, thats a physical attribute isn't it?

As for work rate and bottle, again, both are pretty similar and both have similar leadership qualities.

Technically Barton is as good as passer of the ball especially on short passes as what Gerrard is. If people actually watched the lad, they'll see he possesses a good range of passing ability. His level of skill and touch is very similar to that of Gerrard, so much so i can't decide who is better. Gerrard is the better dribbler and probably shades it slightly in the ariel department. In terms of shooting, well we all know how good Gerrard's shooting ability is, but Barton again, can hit a superb strike, some of the goals he's score this season.

I remember a few years ago when he first came onto the scene, playing Gerrard and Hamann off the park for City t anfield, had a great game, it wasn't form that got him through, it was ability.

You compare every aspect of Barton's game and he's very similar, even in running style to Gerrard. Even in terms of Vision they are again very similar and both pick very good passes out.

Barton is an excellent alround player who could play at a better club than City. Without question.

HOWEVER, he lacks Gerrard's pace, strength, agility, balance and stamina. Infact, Barton is decent in these area's but he's not top class. Gerrard however is. He's very very pacey, he's got immense stamina, very strong and is extremely mobile.

The main difference in the two is the physical presence which allows Gerrard to be EVERYWHERE on the pitch and the attitude off the pitch off both. It allows him to use his dribbling and skill to more of an effect, it allows him to cover more ground and make more tackles, it allows him to make a pass then move quickly to another position.

They are very very similar players, watch them both closely.

Gerrard is physically far greater and has a far better attitude. Thats the only real difference.

Yet, people will dismiss that as Barton only plays for City and can't possibly be anything like Steven Gerrard because he's one of the worlds best. Gerrard is world class. Barton's an excellent player. The reason he's not world class is he doesn't have the same physical attributes and doesn't have the right mentallity.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:22 pm

what rubbish
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:25 pm

Good arguement.

Well backed up.

Good thoughtful opinions.

I love the way you presented it.

The way you proved that players in lesser sides can't be anywhere near the ability in any area of the game as the players in the tops sides was fantastic.
115-1073096938

Postby DAV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:27 pm

The way you proved that players in lesser sides can't be anywhere near the ability in any area of the game as the players in the tops sides was fantastic.

never even brought that up
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:29 pm

do i detect just a little bit of sarcasim?? ??? :D :p
Last edited by El Nino_#9 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Here we go again, another fight!

Get the kettle on its going to be a long night! :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:31 pm

up your own :censored: again stu
making assumptions again

take shaun wright phillips, I believe he was at city and he was and still is a great player, wish we had got him

so don't talk :censored: stu
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:32 pm

Me? Sarcastic? Would I? :D
115-1073096938

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:34 pm

DAV wrote:up your own :censored: again stu
making assumptions again

take shaun wright phillips, I believe he was at city and he was and still is a great player, wish we had got him

meow!!!
:D
some people just can't post with out :censored: swearing. does
my :censored: head in i can tell that for :censored: free!
:censored: :censored: :censored:  :D  :laugh:
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:35 pm

DAV wrote:up your own :censored: again stu
making assumptions again

That was down to the media. Shaun Wright-Phillips was never a great player. A good one? Yes. A great one? Pffft, so great Chelsea play two left wingers and a central midfield ahead of him on the right side of midfield.

Jermaine Pennant has more ability than Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Joey Barton is an excellent player and in many area's is VERY VERY good.

Gerrard is also VERY VERY good in the same area's yet he's world class physically which Barton can never be because of his build and level of natural fitness.
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion