Joe Cole - is there a place for him in the starting 11

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:04 pm

parchpea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 pm wrote:
Its f*ck@ing obscene I agree with that and frankly the whole show is on the wage front.

You have to put it to the back of your mind when these boys run out really for fear of
tainting the spectacle on some level, and Cole knows hes not worth 25% of what we paid
him so he was never moving anywhere without a sweetner.

You can call a footballer a mercenary for making as much money as possible, but I bet you'd do the same if you were in a similar position. If clubs like Liverpool are stupid enough to offer an over-the-hill footballer a three-year contract for £90,000 a week, can you seriously blame the player for saying "that sounds fantastic, I accept"? Footballers have a relatively short shelf-life, many of them will do nothing with their lives after football has finished and I bet a great many of these footballers will wind up broke financially in their late forties, early fifties. Only intelligent people like Beckham and Fowler will rake in the money long after they stop playing football. Beckham has intelligently sold himself as a brand for years and Fowler is a property investor and has made a huge amount of wealth. What are the likes of Joe Cole going to do once they finish football? Nothing, that's what.
Boxscarf

Postby sixbuster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am

In a nutshell, no, no and no
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby dundreamin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:25 am

Beckham INTELLIGENT!!@! No the advisers and PR gurus are,he's a thick cockney p.rick
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby mart » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 am

Thommo's perm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:49 pm wrote:Its fu'cked up
Theres no other way of describing them except as greedy cu'nts. These are multi millionaires who should be ashamed of themselves for the way they are behaving.
How much money do you need for fu'cks sake!!??

No this is a situation that the big clubs like liverpool have created all by themselves. The players just take their share when they can.
The big clubs are the greedy ***** that have changed football into a game of who has the most money.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:22 am

Boxscarf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 pm wrote:
parchpea » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 pm wrote:
Its f*ck@ing obscene I agree with that and frankly the whole show is on the wage front.

You have to put it to the back of your mind when these boys run out really for fear of
tainting the spectacle on some level, and Cole knows hes not worth 25% of what we paid
him so he was never moving anywhere without a sweetner.

You can call a footballer a mercenary for making as much money as possible, but I bet you'd do the same if you were in a similar position. If clubs like Liverpool are stupid enough to offer an over-the-hill footballer a three-year contract for £90,000 a week, can you seriously blame the player for saying "that sounds fantastic, I accept"? Footballers have a relatively short shelf-life, many of them will do nothing with their lives after football has finished and I bet a great many of these footballers will wind up broke financially in their late forties, early fifties. Only intelligent people like Beckham and Fowler will rake in the money long after they stop playing football. Beckham has intelligently sold himself as a brand for years and Fowler is a property investor and has made a huge amount of wealth. What are the likes of Joe Cole going to do once they finish football? Nothing, that's what.

Are you mentally disturbed?
This old "a footballers shelf life is short so they have to make as much money as possible" statement is pure bullsh'it!
The likes of joe cole and many, many others will be MILLIONAIRES while they are playing and after they finish, and they wont have to do anything anyway.
If they spend it all (which they wont) or lose it then tough sh'it. But dont seriously try to get sympathy for what are fundamentally selfish, ignorant, greedy tw@ts!
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am

dundreamin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:25 pm wrote:Beckham INTELLIGENT!!@! No the advisers and PR gurus are,he's a thick cockney p.rick

Dont quite know what a statement like that makes you !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member