Injuries not an excuse...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:20 pm

Benitez was employed to bring in better players and make us more competitive. Fact is the window closed too quick for him to do as many deals as he would have liked. No one can anything about that now, so like him we must sit and hope January comes very quickly indeed  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Red_Si » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:01 pm

LFC #1 wrote:you are joking right, if not ****** off.

It's all a good laugh though.

Seriously, the only option is to play Mellor and hope we can score from set pieces. I think we'll be very defensive over the next few games. :(
Red_Si

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:12 pm

everyone is waiting with their fingers crossed with a big fat ball of stress in their head, but with expectation that this will be removed come january when we can sign all these fantastic players. thing is, we havent got any money. unless we can pull off a great loan signing or a free transfer deal, we're still gonna be short of players.

things may be possible but i think we shouldnt get our hopes up too much about january.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:44 pm

Jims on the money here we are skint, potless, without a carrot. Sometimes, and only sometimes, injuries can be an excuse. This is one of those sometimes. If Baros is out, and if the old current account really is OD this is going to be a hard season.
Let's be honest, if Rafa can get us into 4th and a CL spot given the hurdles it will be an achievement probably the equal of his herculean efforts at Valencia. Call me a fool ( you won't be the first TFS ) but I reckon he will. How? Feck knows.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:42 pm

Well if we are potless then we must get good loans and players on a free. At least it will boost the squad and put us in a better position than we are now  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:46 pm

The best thing is to accept that Baros is out and we are doomed.

If we prepare ourselves for draws/defeats against Boro,
Monaco and Arsenal, then we will not be as p1ssed off when they come.

Eh you were the same one that said that we were going to lose to Crystal Palace 3-1, enough of your nonsense.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:15 am

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:everyone is waiting with their fingers crossed with a big fat ball of stress in their head, but with expectation that this will be removed come january when we can sign all these fantastic players. thing is, we havent got any money. unless we can pull off a great loan signing or a free transfer deal, we're still gonna be short of players.

things may be possible but i think we shouldnt get our hopes up too much about january.

The other problem is we wont be in  a good position at bargaining table  considering our needs. Whoever sells us a striker can do so from a position of strengh and certainly up the price
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:17 am

i remember reading recently that although the club had just registered its biggest annual loss, that the board would make money available to rafa for signings in the january window. i get the impression that them at the top understand we need to strengthen the squad to make serious challenges on the top 3.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:46 am

this kind of thing makes me laugh
of cause with out your very best players the team won't perform as well.
For 3 years now everytime we get an injury we don't seem to have someone even a tenth as good to act as a replacement.
Well some people might happy with the injury excuse. But not me.
Thats why i was glad to see a change of manger.
As far as out strikers go.
Baros would be a bad loss
Cisse- i'm not judging him. But i think if it were possible i don't know. but our new manager should of been given the option of cancelling the transfer. Because who is to say Cisse is the kind of player he wants.
For the price we paid for him, we could of picked up a decent striker and a back up striker.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:01 am

Not sure I'd agree on the Cisse bit !
The few glimpses I saw of him at club level where fantastic (French League admittedly) - plus for France(Recent World champions ) he looked like he could be special.
The premier league is fast - so I still would have gone for him given his record - the fee is another matter - but I do take your point - perhaps Rafa might not have seen it that way

I believe what someone else has already said - they will make tranfer funds available in January - be it just enough for one striker - it's all interlinked - the board know if we fail to qualify for the C L - the impact and detriment to the club in terms or revenue will impact bigger than scraping together 15 mill in January
(Sorry - not really explained what I meant very well)
???
SouthernScouser

Postby Liverbird_lfc » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:10 am

dawson99 wrote:why is henry never injured?
im not wishing an injury on anyone but arsenal seem to get away with it all the time.

Because players show arsenal to much respect and never go in with tackles unless its manure, thats why they beat them and ended there record.
Must admit though Reyes is getting booted everywhere
:glare:
Liverbird_lfc

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:34 pm

Yes Reyes is getting quite a beating in every game since Arsenal played Man Utd.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion